Game Testers???

This is a discussion on Game Testers??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone on the site is currently or ever has been a video game tester for ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Game Testers???

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone on the site is currently or ever has been a video game tester for a company?? Been wondering lately I would go about obtaining a job like that. So if anyone on the site is one/or knows one and has any information on tips to becoming one it would be much appreciated!!

Rainbow in the dark

Yes im a gametester and i make 200$ a day,its ok if you want to touch me, thats right im lying my ass off.. i make cookies for a living, do you still want to touch me?
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Yes im a gametester and i make 200$ a day,its ok if you want to touch me, thats right im lying my ass off.. i make cookies for a living, do you still want to touch me?
    I'll pat your head if it will give me good luck.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by stupid0089 View Post
    Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone on the site is currently or ever has been a video game tester for a company?? Been wondering lately I would go about obtaining a job like that. So if anyone on the site is one/or knows one and has any information on tips to becoming one it would be much appreciated!!
    I have a friend that is. He took some college courses that were gaming related. Not sure which ones, but he works part time entry level for Microsoft. They don't make much money at least he doesn't right now.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for the response Highway...trying to decide if its something I want to get into or not...obviously I love video games but I don't know if the money is there

PRO Member

Thanks for the response Highway...trying to decide if its something I want to get into or not...obviously I love video games but I don't know if the money is there
    I've never asked him what kindof money he will be making later. But he's making 8or9 dollars an hour now. He goes to some facility with other testers(only when they need him) and they give him a list of things to do in the game he does them turns in a report and leaves. Like I said though, he's only entry level. So, it's one of them deals where you have to put the shit work in to get to making real money.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

The college course (English college, not the same as US) I'm on at the minute is full of people wanting to get into gaming in general and it always seems like game testing is a fairly good foothold to get into if you want to get into the gaming industry.

You didn't mention your age, as in if you're currently still in school and are looking into future careers or if you're currently employed and want to change career. If you're still of an age where you'd want to be in education then I'd definitely recommend taking something related to computer science or programming. It's something that I'm no longer interested in personally but it seems like it'd help you. Also try to engage in stuff out of work/education related to gaming which I'm sure you already do. It seems weird but I've heard that they seem to like that. They'd rather employ someone who's got a massive interest in that field, right?

Again just from what I've heard, I wouldn't go into it expecting instant massive amounts of cash (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) but it always seems like there is a LOT of money floating about for higher end jobs in gaming

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yea I'm 23 and I'm just hoping to maybe get started