Any Good Game Joints In NYC?

This is a discussion on Any Good Game Joints In NYC? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey, would be greatful for any pointers in the right direction here, yo. I'm an Aussie heading overseas for the ...

Player Hater

Any Good Game Joints In NYC?

Hey, would be greatful for any pointers in the right direction here, yo.
    I'm an Aussie heading overseas for the very first time in the next couple of days. Will be spending a fortnight in New York City. Just wondering if anyone from there knows of any good places I can visit to purchase PS3 games?
    I'm a stickler for collector's editions and prefer to buy my games new, but at that same time am a bit of a bargain hunter.
    Any tips on where to go would be much appreciated, as my knowledge of the great city is down there with that of Mick Dundee's.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Gamestop, behind the counter, ask for collector edition. They always have some old stuff left behind with a nice price tag. Other than that, no idea................
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

MK Plat = Overrated

Amazon.com

Welcome to the USA...when you get here. Hope you like craziness that is NYC.

Platinum Procrastinator

I've only been to Florida and not NYC, but there I found a lot of great deals on PS3 games in various Gamestop stores. I think I bought 8 games the last time I was there for around $200 or something like that. Now $25 a game might not seem like such a great deal, but all of the games were unopened and still fairly new releases at the time. If I had of attempted to buy them back here in Newfoundland, I probably would of paid at least $0 or more for them.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Plats-O'-War!!

1st: Welcome to the USA!!

2nd: What part of NY you're going to? Maybe we can hook up?

3rd: Try GameStop, Amazon, or eBay over here.

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Amazon.com

Welcome to the USA...when you get here. Hope you like craziness that is NYC.
    This is the best answer, enjoy NYC but beware, almost everyone tries to hustle you there for your money.

illegal in 9 countries

That's not a knife...that's a spoon.
    I see you've played knifey spooney before!

Have fun conqueroring the New World Keyser. I only made a quick trip to LA, Las Vegas, Reno, Yosemite National Park, Oakland and San Francisco for an Elvis wedding, but had a ball in the US. A second trip might be in order to visit the east coast. Be sure to post pics when you get back.

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

If you were here in NYC during the early 90s the best Arcade spot would be by Time Square & 42nd Street; now its a restaurant.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Player Hater

Thanks for the well wishes and advice, guys. Appreciate it. I've been here for a bit under 24 hours now. Such an overwhelming place. At the moment I'm staying at the Roosevelt on 45th and Madison, kidson. Next week I'll be staying over on the West side for a few days. Which area are you from?
    If any well-wishers know a bit more about my trip, add me on Facebook, because I'll be posting pics and doing a bit of a blog with my status updates every day or so. If nothing else, I hope it inspires others to make a journey of their own! My first one is below, just as a bit of a teaser... oh yeah, my name is Chris Barnes from Adelaide, Australia btw.

Arrived at JFK around 5pm. Had spent the best part of 22 hours either crammed into hard, unforgiving airplane seats or being sheperded through various customs checkpoints. First thing that struck me as unusual about the States is the fact that the first activity I was afforded in the Land of the Free was to have my fingerprints and photo taken. The paranoid voice in my cranium was desperate to make a fuss of this, but never having travelled outside the confines of my home country before, I did not know whether this 'invasion of my rights' was common amongst all countries, including my own. I decided to let this slide, just this one time, mind, and was justly allowed entry into the United States of America. Well, two of them anyway.
    The LAX portion of my journey was over as quickly as it had begun. Sandra and I had time for just one efficient cigarette before we jetted off again, toward our final destination. Not having smoked for the last 17 hours, I couldn't tell whether the light-headedness and queasy sensation residing at the bottom of my stomach was a side-effect of the nicoteine making itself a temporary home in my bloodstream once more, a result of undeniable exhaustion by way of sleep deprivation and undesirable bodily contortions or due to the sudden realisation that I was just hours away from arriving in the city of my dreams, both figuratively and literally speaking.
    Touch down at the John F Kennedy Airport was quickly followed by a shuttle bus to the first hotel I would be staying at in NYC, the Roosevelt. This type of accomodation, wait... this type of TRIP altogether would have been far beyond my normal means had it have been truly up to me, but I was blessed enough to have been awarded this opportunity through a Rewards and Recognition program at my place of employment. I can not hope to ever live up the standard of clientele that that the Roosevelt would usually attend to, I believe the dishevelled sight of me arriving in hooded sweatshirts, trackpants and boatshoes would have given them no reason to think otherwise either. Located on the corner of Madison Avenue and 35th East, it is only a brisk walk to such highly regarded tourist hotspots as Central Park, Wall Street, Times Square, Broadway, 5th Avenue, the Rockefeller Centre, Museum of Modern Art... I could literally go on for paragraphs. Once checked-in and organised, however, the first thing this focussed foreigner could think of was to find a street vendor and indulge himself in a New York hot-dog or a slice of pizza the city had such a reputation for. Twasn't long before both culinary options had been located and digested.
    Thus ends my first night in the Big and Rotten Apple. There is much that I am aware of that begs attention in this place. So many sights that seem dearly familar to my heart, yet are exprienced new and fresh in the physical realm. Steam rising from vents in the street, innumerable yellow taxis patrolling the streets, NYPD blue and reds flashing, street vendors underligning the value of their wares, the architecture that casts such a brilliant shadow both over the city and the nation itself. That is one of the first things you notice on the shuttle bus into New York City, and it is a sight that must be seen to be believed. The industry and ingenuity on display, both in engineering expertice and artistic importance, is a true testament to mankind's ability to shock and awe. NYC has done this to me today, not through power or might as exhibited by acts of destruction or annihilation, but through the creation and existence of the city in and of itself.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes and advice, guys. Appreciate it. I've been here for a bit under 24 hours now. Such an overwhelming place. At the moment I'm staying at the Roosevelt on 45th and Madison, kidson. Next week I'll be staying over on the West side for a few days. Which area are you from?
    If any well-wishers know a bit more about my trip, add me on Facebook, because I'll be posting pics and doing a bit of a blog with my status updates every day or so. If nothing else, I hope it inspires others to make a journey of their own! My first one is below, just as a bit of a teaser... oh yeah, my name is Chris Barnes from Adelaide, Australia btw.

Arrived at JFK around 5pm. Had spent the best part of 22 hours either crammed into hard, unforgiving airplane seats or being sheperded through various customs checkpoints. First thing that struck me as unusual about the States is the fact that the first activity I was afforded in the Land of the Free was to have my fingerprints and photo taken. The paranoid voice in my cranium was desperate to make a fuss of this, but never having travelled outside the confines of my home country before, I did not know whether this 'invasion of my rights' was common amongst all countries, including my own. I decided to let this slide, just this one time, mind, and was justly allowed entry into the United States of America. Well, two of them anyway.
    The LAX portion of my journey was over as quickly as it had begun. Sandra and I had time for just one efficient cigarette before we jetted off again, toward our final destination. Not having smoked for the last 17 hours, I couldn't tell whether the light-headedness and queasy sensation residing at the bottom of my stomach was a side-effect of the nicoteine making itself a temporary home in my bloodstream once more, a result of undeniable exhaustion by way of sleep deprivation and undesirable bodily contortions or due to the sudden realisation that I was just hours away from arriving in the city of my dreams, both figuratively and literally speaking.
    Touch down at the John F Kennedy Airport was quickly followed by a shuttle bus to the first hotel I would be staying at in NYC, the Roosevelt. This type of accomodation, wait... this type of TRIP altogether would have been far beyond my normal means had it have been truly up to me, but I was blessed enough to have been awarded this opportunity through a Rewards and Recognition program at my place of employment. I can not hope to ever live up the standard of clientele that that the Roosevelt would usually attend to, I believe the dishevelled sight of me arriving in hooded sweatshirts, trackpants and boatshoes would have given them no reason to think otherwise either. Located on the corner of Madison Avenue and 35th East, it is only a brisk walk to such highly regarded tourist hotspots as Central Park, Wall Street, Times Square, Broadway, 5th Avenue, the Rockefeller Centre, Museum of Modern Art... I could literally go on for paragraphs. Once checked-in and organised, however, the first thing this focussed foreigner could think of was to find a street vendor and indulge himself in a New York hot-dog or a slice of pizza the city had such a reputation for. Twasn't long before both culinary options had been located and digested.
    Thus ends my first night in the Big and Rotten Apple. There is much that I am aware of that begs attention in this place. So many sights that seem dearly familar to my heart, yet are exprienced new and fresh in the physical realm. Steam rising from vents in the street, innumerable yellow taxis patrolling the streets, NYPD blue and reds flashing, street vendors underligning the value of their wares, the architecture that casts such a brilliant shadow both over the city and the nation itself. That is one of the first things you notice on the shuttle bus into New York City, and it is a sight that must be seen to be believed. The industry and ingenuity on display, both in engineering expertice and artistic importance, is a true testament to mankind's ability to shock and awe. NYC has done this to me today, not through power or might as exhibited by acts of destruction or annihilation, but through the creation and existence of the city in and of itself.
    Welcome to the USA where everything's printed, photographed, and where people are crazy (especially NY people LOL) I'm in Jersey for now. NY's a train ride away for me. So, what part of the westside will you be at?

Platinum Procrastinator

Nice update post DJ. I've always wanted to visit NYC myself and had planned on doing so last year but the plan fell through afterwards. I'm sure I'll get to visit there someday though.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Regional Manager of War

Hey, would be greatful for any pointers in the right direction here, yo.
    I'm an Aussie heading overseas for the very first time in the next couple of days. Will be spending a fortnight in New York City. Just wondering if anyone from there knows of any good places I can visit to purchase PS3 games?
    I'm a stickler for collector's editions and prefer to buy my games new, but at that same time am a bit of a bargain hunter.
    Any tips on where to go would be much appreciated, as my knowledge of the great city is down there with that of Mick Dundee's.
    Enjoy my hometown its full of crazy people . Best places to buy games is gamestop, bestbuy, amazon, target, and if you could find a Wal-mart they could have some nice deals

PRO Member

You in midtown...wheeeee. Visit SoHo (South of Houston street (with the ho pronounced how...also wheeeee) for some nice shopping if you into that. For just PS3 games, I dunno...but hopefully that is not the only purpose for your trip. Anyway, enjoy!

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

I work at Smithsonian Institution Museum of American Indian in One Bowling Green. its free admission AND just across a street away from battery park to get a Ferry to Ellis Island & Statue Of Liberty ( though can't go INSIDE the museum due to renovations). So if you ever visit near me hit me up and welcome you :-)

Also if your looking for a comic book store/ collector store, go to 14th street Union Square and find a place called " Forbidden Planet". Great place to shop and get some neat japanese collection ( though no video games there) across from there is a NICE movie theater if you want to catch a movie. Lots if stuff to do in 14th street and a great place to hang out :-)

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

The Temple of the King

If your still in NYC, you should at least take a look at some places out on Long Island. lol, I'm always here.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

iwasbornintheusa

if you mean, like, gameshops in NYC, I recommend game express.

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature