Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ps3 trophy game patch rant

This is a discussion on Ps3 trophy game patch rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom Straight off, i fully understand what you are saying, a game i may not be too ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    Straight off, i fully understand what you are saying, a game i may not be too keen on can be made better with a well worked set of trophies and a great game can last much much longer with them, again, if they are done right.If these had been implemented say 10 years ago, i would be a trophy waving billy big bollocks and probably be bemoaning my boredom at trophy hunting.However, these are not the reason i play games, collection is great and all but i just like playing,always have, always will.

Like you mentioned, you like to complete and unlock things in games, i do, or i did, in a way trophies put me off a bit, i finished Metal Gear Solid 4 and GTA IV numerous times, collecting everything and getting toward 100% because i adored them, when GTA IV got trophies i was sure i'd plat it but it felt like a false challenge and i got bored and carried on dicking about instead. Same could be said of the MGS HD collection, played the crap out of all of them, i feel that achievement on a personal level, it just wont show on my trophy collection.

So basically at best i see trophies as more like 10% of the gaming package, i'll enjoy getting them but i won't be going out of my way to get a virtual pat on the back for doing something i wasn't going to do anyway.
    I agree with you.

Just want to say that i wouldnt have played half the games i own without the trophies. I know there is hatred for Hannah Montana, but i honestly enjoyed it, and happy to add it to my platinums.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah I will always agree with this and remain disappointed that I can't get trophies on every single one of my games but I can live with it now since the majority of my games have trophies.

I can see it like this

I have 57 total games including PSN.

44 of them have trophies

so that's 77.19% with trophies and 22.8% without.

Only 13 of my games don't have trophies so I can live with it whereas when trophies first came out i was more annoyed back then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12