Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Trophy Hunters ?? Do you think it spoils gaming sometimes???

This is a discussion on Trophy Hunters ?? Do you think it spoils gaming sometimes??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Man i wouldnt even dare checking a game like Shrek out at the counter ***unless i maybe lie about buying ...

Rainbow in the dark

Man i wouldnt even dare checking a game like Shrek out at the counter ***unless i maybe lie about buying it for my nonexistent son and having it giftwrapped***
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

That Southern B****

I have never rented or bought a game simply for the easy trophies. Every game I've played has been for fun and enjoyment.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

I have bought/rented a few games knowing they had easy trophies to get. The thing is I ended up enjoying them to a degree. So it all depends on the person playing the games.

So yeah I have played some games I may not normally play because of trophies. That's all right with me. It was my money and time and that's what I chose to do with it.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Really I only buy games that I want to play, and trophies are irrelevant.
    But my rental account is a different matter entirely!! Family Game Night 4 is one painful example. There is no way I would play 50 games of the show if there wasnt a trophy for it.

member since Oct 2009

I don't buy games for trophies. All my games are what I wanted to play for fun. I do make an attempt to get all the trophies in my games but that doesn't happen.

Play for fun collecting little rewards along the way.

PRO Member

I have done in the past but I'm over that now. I only play games I enjoy. I've only ever played one kiddie game and it intends to stay that way

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I buy games cheap with an easy plat to play when I feel like some easy trophies. Some games I've really enjoyed when doing this I.e iron man, up, term salvation (coop) wwe legends

Saints Row IV

i buy games for fun....dont blame me but i loved terminator salvation
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Gotham's Reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    I play games because I like them, regardless of the difficulty of the plat.
    Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    I never buy a game for its' trophies but I have a habit of platting every game I get It's called the PPS Syndrome
    Both of these.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    I have bought/rented a few games knowing they had easy trophies to get. The thing is I ended up enjoying them to a degree. So it all depends on the person playing the games.

So yeah I have played some games I may not normally play because of trophies. That's all right with me. It was my money and time and that's what I chose to do with it.
    This right here ^^

Also, I've entered every trophy competition that's been held since I've joined the site and because of this I've played a lot of easy games. However, I've enjoyed almost all of them and it adds to my game collection so I'm happy.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

I try to enjoy both the game and the trophies if i cant enjoy 1 of them i wont play it again

Lvl 6 - Silver

If the games are fun I well play them regardless of trophies

WHO DAT!!!!

i play games that i think are fun, and if i really like it i will plat the game. I usually will not suffer thru a peice of shit game just for trophies, if its just ok i will beat the main story and roll out to GS for the trade in points

PRO Member

If you find yourself stressing about trophies or only concerned with them while playing, then it is ruining your experience. I don't worry about them because it has just become an added bonus to my fun gaming experience.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I only play games that i like, if the game blows i don't really care what trophies it will give you. As you can see i can never be arsed going for Plat's as i wanna play sooooooo many games that once i've played through once i swap to a new game. Trophies are cool but they do no rule my life!!!

PRO Member

Not if you play the game and enjoy it first like I do..unless it's a game I have no intention playing again then I'll hunt for as many as I can get.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Depending on how much I like the game, I'll keep it regardless of how many or types of trophies are available. If I don't, I'll sell it or trade it in after I get what I want from it or finally get sick of it. Sometimes I like to keep games longer or play them more often to achieve a specific trophy as bragging rights. It's something to be proud of.
    If you simply buy games JUST to get the trophies, you know what you are. But if that's your cup of tea, go for it.

PLATINUM TROPHY HITLIST:
    - ALIEN BREED: IMPACT
    - DIABLO 3
    - DEAD SPACE 2
    - THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
    - THE LAST OF US

Revelations 19:16

I think it spoils gaming at times...especially when people play a specific game ONLY for the trophies, or will ONLY play a game if it has a platinum.

Either way, i wish we could return to gaming days without achievements and trophies. Take a look at mine, i mean, i barely had any until i subscribed to gamefly. Now i get called a trophy whore because i play a lot of games and trophies just come along with starting the dam game or going into the options menu or something.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

For me, it was the opposite. I never buy games because of trophies, but there was 2 games that annoyed me in the beginning, but I continued playing them only because of the trophies, and ended up liking them. lol
    I get, I plat. And that's it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yup theres some games you play for trophies and others just to enjoy them. Currently playing Mass Effect 2 & 3 for the fun and trying to get through a horrible 6 hour Plat for Man vs Wild.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast