Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trophy Hunters ?? Do you think it spoils gaming sometimes???

This is a discussion on Trophy Hunters ?? Do you think it spoils gaming sometimes??? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; A been hunting for a couple years now , and might be just me , but a sometimes buy games ...

Rangers F.C

Trophy Hunters ?? Do you think it spoils gaming sometimes???

A been hunting for a couple years now , and might be just me , but a sometimes buy games a normally would'nt just for quick easy golds and plats , anyone else falling into this trap ????

Regional Manager of War

It depends I have "whored" myself out for trophies but at this point there's nothing I can do except to stop buying those kinda of games. Now I only play games for fun and trophies rather than rent Hannah Montana again . Some people have fun going for trophies no matter how bad the game is so let them have there fun and don't give a shit what anyone else says.
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 04-30-2012 at 12:14 AM.

The One and Only

It really depends on your degree of being a trophy hunter. I'm a pretty laid back trophy hunter, so it doesn't really kill gaming for me.

Playing the game solely for trophies apparently "kills" gaming for what it originally stood for, but sometimes you play games for both trophies and the fun factor of the game so it doesn't do as much "killing".

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 6 - Silver

i only buy games i think will be good,only game i bought for trophies was trine 2

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! i think at one point or another trophy hunters do it. i think it adds some fun to the the hobby of trophy hunting. personally i have probably spent more then a hundred dollars on games for quick plats. do i regret? a bit sure. Did Enjoy getting the trophies and having a smile on my face after the platinum popped? YES.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Kid, not loser

I was that way when I had gamefly. Recently I have been going for more of the difficult plats, and I have really enjoyed myself even though I have not plated a game in a while.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by unchartednick13 View Post
    i only buy games i think will be good,only game i bought for trophies was trine 2
    to think that 15 dollar 3 hour platinum is free for ps+ now lol

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Erm, not really. I rented out a few games for some platinums, to help my team members in a trophy competition and I ended up enjoying the game. If it wasn't for the trophy comp, I never would've played the game.
    So I guess it works both ways

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    to think that 15 dollar 3 hour platinum is free for ps+ now lol
    i know probably could have waited on that one,but got it with a playstation card i got for christmas so no big deal

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

MK Plat = Overrated

Never. I always play games for what they are first. I've been given two games by friends when I had nothing else to play; Chaotic and a FPS game. Never bought a game for trophies. I too have Trine 2 but got it because it's an awesome game. Even with Trine 2, I beat the game first before I went back to get the . I had about 1/2 my current games even before I got into trophy hunting.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Lol, I've never bought a game that I don't like just for trophies. I only buy games that looks (covers) amazing and the gameplay is awesome to play. The games that I've platinumed are example of them. The ones that are not really close are ones that are TBC. And the ones that stay 0% are ones that I'll never really play...or just never xD The trophies, in a sense, is like a way to tell you that you're one step closer to fully finishing the game =D

Resident Deadhead

i dont really buy games to whore, thats what my gamefly account is for lol
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

дурак

Nope. I buy games that look fun. If I like it enough, I'll go for the Platinum, no matter how hard it is to obtain (Except lately I've been lazy as hell). And sometimes it's the opposite. Mind you I got a Call Of Duty Classic for free from a friend and he told me it was a hard Plat, so I went for it.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

You weak azz niggs

I play games because I like them, regardless of the difficulty of the plat.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I've been hunting for a couple years now , and it might just be me , but sometimes I buy games I normally would'nt just for quick easy golds and plats , anyone else falling into this trap ????
    Uh yea, it's called being a trophy whore. NO offense but really, anyways I would never buy some game I know is lame just for trophies. I buy & hunt for games I know I would enjoy or that I'm interested in.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Not sometimes, but often, depending on serious you are about it. You can waste time on games you dislike or don't feel like playing to get some trophies. That's not what gaming is really about. It takes time and effort away from doing other things, like actually enjoying the game... sometimes. For instance, I just got the Naruto Storm Generations plat. I hate playing online, the story mode sucked and I didn't see any real purpose to play the game. Yet, I still played it for 36 hours to do boring fight after boring fight to unlock 80% of everything. I got that plat though. In my personal opinion, the only time it doesn't really interfere that much if at all is when a person plats/trophy hunts for a game they really love. T

Lvl 8 - Gold

It can ruin gaming if you let it. I have never let trophies dictate how and which games I play and I never will. I don't even look at them until I finish the game once or twice. If I feel like earning the plat I'll do it, if not I won't.

Game on....

No i never EVER buy games for trophies. Check my trophy collection and you will see that what i mean. I am currently close to the Vanquish plat, but i didn't purchase it to earn the trophies. The trophies are a side effect of something i would do anyway.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    I play games because I like them, regardless of the difficulty of the plat.
    Yep, exactly what I do.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Quartercircle Forward.

I never buy a game for its' trophies but I have a habit of platting every game I get It's called the PPS Syndrome

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast