Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Multiplayer confirmed for GOW: Ascension

This is a discussion on Multiplayer confirmed for GOW: Ascension within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Wow, and another game joins the unnessicary multiplayer bandwagon. This is sooooo bad... I am so dissapointed....

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow, and another game joins the unnessicary multiplayer bandwagon. This is sooooo bad... I am so dissapointed.

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Lvl 9 - Gold

I will buy the game for the single player, but if MP is added then great.

And be thankful that at least the game is a prequel and MP won't be really interfering with the franchise.

The gameplay released looks fun, but I'm looking forward to the co-op, not really the versus.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Saints Row IV

Competitive? That sucks...really i want my old God of War back....it is like what happend to AC
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Chuck Norris Approved.

This trend is getting out of fucking hand. Mutliplayer should not be a set in stone deal for a new game. They will fuck around and skim on the campaign to give a shit MP exp. Look at how many games have done this shit and the online servers are dead. Bad idea imo but still will rent the game have no use for a online code as I won't bother with the MP.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

sad story bro

p.s. i think it looks a bit cool :stare:

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Game on....

Multiplayer in GOW is an awful idea. It's like a sultana in a salad, a square wheel on a bike or a car with no engine. It just doesn't work! Why waste disc space with multiplayer when that could be used for more awesome singleplayer?

Lvl 8 - Gold

Oh good, another series that does not need MP is forcing it in.

The way things are going now, in 10 years singleplayer portions of games will not exist. All we'll get are mindless MP modes. Yeah, I know it's a bit of an over reaction, but I don't like this.

Rainbow in the dark

Yeah we all love dissing a game, but we all know half of the posters here will buy it and even plat it.. the only thing im concerned about is why a woman can lose so much blood every month and not die <----- NO its right on topic
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Bringing the PAIN

God of War: Ascension takes godslaying online with multiplayer focus | Joystiq

After reading it and looking at it, you guys should get a chance to at least look into it. May not be the devil you all think it is!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

illegal in 9 countries

The MP looks pretty good, particularly the co-op boss kill.

Embrace change and evolve. Stagnate and die. MP may not work for every game on the market, but it seems like an appropriate fit for this GoW game.

Rainbow in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post

Embrace change and evolve. Stagnate and die. MP may not work for every game on the market, but it seems like an appropriate fit for this GoW game.
    Or you could just bleed out and die already... Dont get me wrong i love GOW but enough is enough, adding MP is just murdering it
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I do a shot

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Or you could just bleed out and die already... Dont get me wrong i love GOW but enough is enough, adding MP is just murdering it
    Another lovable character trait of the modern-day, entitled gamer. It never fails to surprise me how young gamers who revel in technology can be so stubborn, inflexible and fixed in their ways.

Steady on there old timer - you're writing it off without playing it and quite likely, without viewing the MP video. Don't like it, just don't fucking play it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Very interesting. Obviously this is going to be a mixed bag of opinions for the fan base. We can only wait and see what Santa Monica does with this. My only concern is the concentration from the SP being split just because the addition of MP. Please let it be that they keep in mind quality over quantity in terms of content. Id rather pay to play 10 or so hours of an exceptional SP than 40-50+ hours of a mediocre game overall.

Rainbow in the dark

Another lovable character trait of the modern-day, entitled gamer. It never fails to surprise me how young gamers who revel in technology can be so stubborn, inflexible and fixed in their ways.

Steady on there old timer - you're writing it off without playing it and quite likely, without viewing the MP video. Don't like it, just don't fucking play it.
    You're getting me all wrong, like i said i love GOW! I will definitely buy it and try my hardest to complete it.. but where will it stop? GOW3 ending was at its peak and it can only go down from there
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I do a shot

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Here's a little footage for easy viewing

Toggle Spoiler

That does not look so bad actually. Let's just assume that in this future GoW game, there is an arena of sorts, like the coliseum in ancient Rome, where players from everywhere can duel with each other to the death. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it is a separate feature from the singleplayer, like the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer which was very, very fun, still.

Keep our minds open, shall we? ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My thoughts exactly.

Besides, is there even another game with multiplayer like this? It's a bold move for sure, but why won't anyone stop and think that it might actually be good?

It seems to me that gamers like to whine about franchises doing the same stuff over and over and then cry for change or innovation... until they get one of those things and reject it, claiming it doesn't belong.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

дурак

I'm gonna have to disagree. As much as I think change is good for some games, it's only really good if it makes sense. Some games just don't need multiplayer, God Of War is definitely one of them.

I can sort of see Co-Op (which looks like this game lacks) maybe doing alright, but competitive is just idiotic. So who knows? Maybe it'll be good, but the question is, was it necessary?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Platinum Procrastinator

I think the MP looks bad. I was also hoping they'd just let the God of War franchise end after God of War III due to its ending, however, they want to continue making games. That's fine and dandy, but if they are going to do this, at least improve on the repetitive single player campaign. Not add MP to a game that doesn't need this.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast