View Poll Results: Do you think PS+ is worth it?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i do

77 75.49%
  • No i dont

17 16.67%
  • Never tried it

8 7.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PS3+ Rant

This is a discussion on PS3+ Rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've never tried PS+ because I don't have a credit card, but I would if I could. The Cloud feature ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've never tried PS+ because I don't have a credit card, but I would if I could.
    The Cloud feature is really good, and it helps a lot with those annoying "copy-locked" savegames (happened to me with KZ2).
    Plus free games...every month. Discounts for games (which I honestly wouldn't buy but still).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

SSX is 101MB, just to add, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

So, yeah, the Cloud Storage could definitely use an increase in space. Games can get multiple saves, usually - and while 1MB doesn't seem like much - you get 10-11 different saves, and that's 10-11MB gone from your storage space.

Other than that, I don't see how it's not worth it - hell, within the first month or two of the service being available, it more than paid for itself with the free games, avatars and themes it offered.

Sure, if you don't use the PS Store much, it's not quite as valuable, but the automatic updates, and cloud storage more than warrant the subscription by themselves. I love being able to wake up the next day, and not have to worry about my games getting a patch when I pop them in, or having to worry about my important, non-copyable saves being lost should my system die at all.

I also like getting access to betas and demos early, as well as the 1 hour trials of PS3 games. Makes it much easier to decide on a game I may or may not buy - a lot better than just a demo.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Platinum Procrastinator

This is just some of the stuff I've got in roughly a year, maybe less, maybe more, I can't remember. Some of the stuff might be listed more than once as I copied it from three different files.

Toggle Spoiler

Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Banned

Add more space to cloud storage that matches my hard drive amount at 250GB.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ichris26 View Post
    It isn't plenty at all if you have any RPG saves.

My Fallout 3 and NV saves are up to 20 MB
    Dragon Age saves are up to 9000 Kb
    Skyrim saves are up to 17 MB

Those are just a few of my saves and I can use the 150 MB limit in no time. It should be 150 Gigs then it would be awesome.
    I can see your point with larger saves but i do play plenty of RPGs mainly JRPGs which take up 250kb or so. I have played Fallout 3 and NV but i dont remember how big my saves were as i deleted them. But in any case like i posted before i do have 100+ saves on mine.

PRO Member

To me is worth the $$$$ and I had it from the very beginning and going on my second year. Awesome service IMHOP

PRO Member

Ok if australia got the stuff the yanks did then yes but for now I'm on a 50/50 decision.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Interesting to hear everyones replies! I guess i am impatient, finding myself on the PSN store once a month, just to see what the new titles are. My friend, who also has PS+, buys lots of stuff online. Things like DLC, and keeping an eye out on certain titles (Warriors Orochi 3). His PS+ doesnt help him any, because with all that he buys, none of it is discounted.

I always thought they should give the gamer community a vote. List 5 games and the one with the most votes get a discount (or free for a limited time). I am happy you all have found it useful, although unless the "updates" are hidden, whats wrong with saving the 4 dollars a month and just manual download the updates.

Anyway like someone said, to each their own, and i dont see myself spending 50 on the chance to get a good free game. That 50 could go to buying 4 games off craigslist.

Oh and someone mentioned this "rant" wasnt angry enough. Sorry for that, wasnt in the angry mood at the time. Will work on that LOL

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Interesting to hear everyones replies! I guess i am impatient, finding myself on the PSN store once a month, just to see what the new titles are. My friend, who also has PS+, buys lots of stuff online. Things like DLC, and keeping an eye out on certain titles (Warriors Orochi 3). His PS+ doesnt help him any, because with all that he buys, none of it is discounted.
    But again, that's because it's a subscription. If you were able to cherry pick, you should expect a price raise. Patience is the key.

I always thought they should give the gamer community a vote. List 5 games and the one with the most votes get a discount (or free for a limited time).
    The problem with that it would be the same games or genre of games, that gets picked, and then a massive audience would be cut from it.

I am happy you all have found it useful, although unless the "updates" are hidden, whats wrong with saving the 4 dollars a month and just manual download the updates.
    It's mostly just a convenience and a lovely added bonus. The fact that the PS3 turns on in the middle of the night to download and install so you don't have to. Besides, the download goes very slow, when trying to play a game while downloading, and the install locks you in place... so it's pretty damn helpful, plus it downloads updates to games, that you might not even knew had an update.

Anyway like someone said, to each their own, and i dont see myself spending 50 on the chance to get a good free game. That 50 could go to buying 4 games off craigslist.
    Or around 20 a year... Oh well if you don't want it, don't buy. It's your choice.

Oh and someone mentioned this "rant" wasnt angry enough. Sorry for that, wasnt in the angry mood at the time. Will work on that LOL
    I said, that when I read it through it didn't seem angry. I didn't say that was a bad thing... I actually found a calm rant really refreshing and a nice change.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Saints Row IV

I think it doesnt.If you download a plus game, after some time you cant play it(When the PS+ runs out)
    That happend to me with Burnout Paradise
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    But again, that's because it's a subscription. If you were able to cherry pick, you should expect a price raise. Patience is the key.

The problem with that it would be the same games or genre of games, that gets picked, and then a massive audience would be cut from it.

It's mostly just a convenience and a lovely added bonus. The fact that the PS3 turns on in the middle of the night to download and install so you don't have to. Besides, the download goes very slow, when trying to play a game while downloading, and the install locks you in place... so it's pretty damn helpful, plus it downloads updates to games, that you might not even knew had an update.

Or around 20 a year... Oh well if you don't want it, don't buy. It's your choice.

I said, that when I read it through it didn't seem angry. I didn't say that was a bad thing... I actually found a calm rant really refreshing and a nice change.
    Second sentence: Well thats debatable. If a certain genre is picked too much, the next time that genre shouldnt be a option. Also, the masses would be picking. The majority would enjoy their selections, while everyone else would see no difference. If a majority of gamers here enjoy the way it is, then there is no need to change anything. But from my view, would be nice to have a say in something i want, or at least see an interest in

THird sentence: Didnt know it turns itself on. For me, I like knowing what i am downloading, so i do it manual. Also, i dont play every single game i own, so if there is DLC for that game, i will download what i need. If the updates you all are talking about is updates for the ps3, i do that before i go sleep. Not saying any way is better, but one way is free but time consuming, and the other costs money

Last sentence: Oh i didnt mean it the way it sounds. I know it isnt necessarily a bad thing, being calm while ranting. To be honest i ranted about this a while back. Kind of left my system. Just happy to vent it out again, and find out what you, the community, thinks.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Been with + since the start and i know that for a grand spend of 71.99 ( second year cost less as a promotional price was up.) i have had many times my moneys worth......

Sega Collection ( Sonic 1 and 2, Streets Of Rage 2, Golden Axe et al )3.99 each so say at least 20 worth
    Burnout Paradise ( was about 16 then )
    Plants Vs Zombies (10)
    Sam And Max (16)
    Back To The Future (16)
    Trine 2 (10)
    LittleBig Planet (15)
    The decent PS1 titles ( Resi Evil 1,2,3, Silent Hill, Crash 1-3 and Crash Team Racing, Final Fantasy V rounded up to roughly 52)

That's just a small amount of what you get and it's worth 155.

That's before including the backup, Auto update ( essential for me now, i don't have time to be piddling about with updates when i get so little time to play.), discounts, free trials, Themes, Avatars and the minis which can be great fun ( owning a PSP certainly enhances the value of the + )

So an emphatic YES from me, it's worth it and i'll be re- subscribing for a third term without fail.

NSFW

Second sentence: Well thats debatable. If a certain genre is picked too much, the next time that genre shouldnt be a option. Also, the masses would be picking. The majority would enjoy their selections, while everyone else would see no difference. If a majority of gamers here enjoy the way it is, then there is no need to change anything. But from my view, would be nice to have a say in something i want, or at least see an interest in
    If the genre wouldn't be picked again, then what happens if we run out of genres? Everytime a shooter is on the list, it could potentially happen, that it always got picked. Remember that new PS+ users joins every day, and they do not have that certain game in their game genre, and that would outvote the longterm members who've already got it once. And the sentence:

The majority would enjoy their selections, while everyone else would see no difference.
    Totally goes against all the complaints you've just said. If everyone else wont see a difference then why would you now? You get games either way... besides it's not every developer that is willing to sell their games cheaper or give it away for free, and then the selection would be small either way.

THird sentence: Didnt know it turns itself on. For me, I like knowing what i am downloading, so i do it manual. Also, i dont play every single game i own, so if there is DLC for that game, i will download what i need. If the updates you all are talking about is updates for the ps3, i do that before i go sleep. Not saying any way is better, but one way is free but time consuming, and the other costs money
    You keep talking on the individual features like that is the only thing you pay for. You sound like you pay 50 dollars for just the automatic download feature, and that is annoying me. The downloads it's do is CONTROLLED manually, I.E. you start the download, turn it off, it turns on in a more power saving mode and downloads and installs the thing you told it to do before you went to bed.... and again it's just a feature, it's nice added bonus, which is helpful together with much other stuff, that is also helpful...

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I personally love it, I am indecicive and consider it a good way to spend my money~

One small investment and i just get new game after new game.

some are hit, some are miss, others i love <3

Game on....

PS+ personally doesn't offer enough to justify its price tag for me. I don't purchase anything from the PS store except DLC. I don't see the point of cloud storage for saves except uploading the protected saves. Nearly all other saves i have on memory sticks.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've been a PS+ member since day 1. I still haven't been able to finish off all the games I've been given as a member. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. When I get bored of something I'm playing I click the PS button, quit the game and go to my list of free titles. I don't know how you can argue against the content just because it is "rented". If you're worried about losing it, finish it.

Some of the perks are nice and some of them are relatively useless, at least to me. The early Beta's and Demo's are generally a nice treat. Some of the themes are great too. The avatars I really haven't touched but I'm sure some people get use out of them. One of the features that has saved my bacon at least twice while playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is the cloud storage. Try losing your files due to a freeze and then realizing you can get them back from the server. I would probably have paid $4 a month just for that.

Lastly, as someone above touched on, you forget about the discounts. By your own math if I purchase a game I like and it is $10 for me instead of $15 for everyone else I already made my monthly fee back.

If you're an avid gamer and play a good variety of titles and game types PS+ is one of the best deals you could possibly find.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Ok if australia got the stuff the yanks did then yes but for now I'm on a 50/50 decision.
    Exactly mate and if they dropped the price a bit. $70 is too much, you know how much grog I can buy with that lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    If the genre wouldn't be picked again, then what happens if we run out of genres? Everytime a shooter is on the list, it could potentially happen, that it always got picked. Remember that new PS+ users joins every day, and they do not have that certain game in their game genre, and that would outvote the longterm members who've already got it once. And the sentence:

Totally goes against all the complaints you've just said. If everyone else wont see a difference then why would you now? You get games either way... besides it's not every developer that is willing to sell their games cheaper or give it away for free, and then the selection would be small either way.

You keep talking on the individual features like that is the only thing you pay for. You sound like you pay 50 dollars for just the automatic download feature, and that is annoying me. The downloads it's do is CONTROLLED manually, I.E. you start the download, turn it off, it turns on in a more power saving mode and downloads and installs the thing you told it to do before you went to bed.... and again it's just a feature, it's nice added bonus, which is helpful together with much other stuff, that is also helpful...
    How can you run out of genres? The next vote wont have that genre, but after a few votes have passed, the genre can be put back into the vote. And its true the new members would over power the old members (if they even vote at all, do you know the percent that actually vote?) but then again, you old members wouldnt be missing out. If your fine with the selection they give you now, then you still have that selection. Besides, this is a "what would happen" situation. For all you know every option in this vote you would be ok with. That said, would you still "complain" if your top pick wasnt ... picked?

You need to read my quote again. I said the majority would get their selection, while everyone else would see no change in the games given. Then you start talking about me. I dont like the selection, so i wouldnt be included in the "majority" nor would i be included when i say "everyone else". Also, the quote you took was about the vote. Again, if you lost the vote, the selection wouldnt be any worst than it is right now. I also said the vote was for 1 game title. If ps+ gives you 2 or more each month, you still get something (regardless of the outcome of the vote, they would release the other games anyway)
    I would see a difference, because with my ps+, i got nothing for the past 2 months. Sega games- had them. Shank 2- had that. There is nothing new, since those two games mentioned were up for the past 3 months (approx). The only new thing i got was frogger, and that was last month's item. Looking at the list... still nothing i could be happy getting, because it didnt update yet.

First off, i never used that feature, so thats why i said i learned something new. Next, you make it sound like everything is a bonus, which is your opinion. For me, i am trying to justify why i am spending $50 for free games (again, nothing new for the past 2 months except frogger), discounts on games i will never buy, a storage area i dont use, a download feature i still dont think i will use, and game trials i wont ever touch (to list a few).

I am sorry if i dont see these things as a "bonus", although again its an opinion. I guess i shouldnt break up the different features, and just say right now that the WHOLE bundle of things you get with ps+ isnt helpful to me as of right now. If they change things (not because i want it, but because everyone should want some vote in the games you get) then i would be more willing to waste my cash. The last sentence was a opinion also.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I've never tried PS+ because I don't have a credit card, but I would if I could.
    The Cloud feature is really good, and it helps a lot with those annoying "copy-locked" savegames (happened to me with KZ2).
    Plus free games...every month. Discounts for games (which I honestly wouldn't buy but still).
    You can buy pre-loaded cards ($10, $20, $50) at most major electronic retailers, you don't need a credit card to have PS+. In fact they even have them that will apply only to PS+ subscription.

Retired Staff Member

It is worth it to me alone for the 1 hour game trials, and the free avatars. I don't care that much about getting a demo early. Betas are neat, but sort of act like demos to me, so that's worth it as well. I get tons of free minis. I never play them. Might if I get a Vita. And then I get a bunch of free games. Half of which I never play. But like I said, but about $4 a month, I get 1 hour game trials for games I haven't played or haven't picked up yet, and some free avatars. Worth it.
    (Used to be double worth it when Qore was around. After Qore got canceled, I debating on quitting PS+ but ultimately decided not to)

Edit: Forgot about the cloud storage space. I think that is absolutely awesome. Also, I get a snazzy yellow plus sign next to my avatar online. HOLLA!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast