View Poll Results: Do you think PS+ is worth it?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i do

    77 75.49%
  • No i dont

    17 16.67%
  • Never tried it

    8 7.84%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

PS3+ Rant

This is a discussion on PS3+ Rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Crealkllr How can you run out of genres? The next vote wont have that genre, but after ...

  1. #41
    NSFW
    gyrocop's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Dumb Puns
    Posts
    1,488
    Reputation
    115

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    How can you run out of genres? The next vote wont have that genre, but after a few votes have passed, the genre can be put back into the vote. And its true the new members would over power the old members (if they even vote at all, do you know the percent that actually vote?) but then again, you old members wouldnt be missing out. If your fine with the selection they give you now, then you still have that selection. Besides, this is a "what would happen" situation. For all you know every option in this vote you would be ok with. That said, would you still "complain" if your top pick wasnt ... picked?
    I kinda like, that you say, that getting the same end results, just in a different way actually makes a difference. If we get the same genres over again, just with a slight wait, then the end result would still remain!!! We get too many of the same genres. And here is your problem... you don't see the big picture. You say something like: "It may not have a bad result for you", but this isn't about me or you. This is about what's good for Sony and other people. And even though it may mixes up for you, there is still a lot of people who is gonna be tired seeing the same genre every month or so. I personally think Sony is doing an excellent job mixing it up... it isn't your idea. There is bound to be 3 or 4 genres, that never gets picked, and that is a damn shame for the minority who wants a puzzle or point-and-click game every once in a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    You need to read my quote again. I said the majority would get their selection, while everyone else would see no change in the games given. Then you start talking about me. I dont like the selection, so i wouldnt be included in the "majority" nor would i be included when i say "everyone else". Also, the quote you took was about the vote. Again, if you lost the vote, the selection wouldnt be any worst than it is right now. I also said the vote was for 1 game title. If ps+ gives you 2 or more each month, you still get something (regardless of the outcome of the vote, they would release the other games anyway).
    I've read your quote six times now, and I can still not see the big difference between, what you say PS+ would be with your idea, and what it is now. It's not like the games we get now are only appealed to a very minor minority, but every month we get a new game to please everyone. Even if it's just one of the games it still is unfair, and I can't get, why you don't see this. You have clearly not look pat your own sense of what you want. Because as of now, I'm the only one of us two, who actually think on behalf of both Sony and the costumers as a whole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I would see a difference, because with my ps+, i got nothing for the past 2 months. Sega games- had them. Shank 2- had that. There is nothing new, since those two games mentioned were up for the past 3 months (approx). The only new thing i got was frogger, and that was last month's item. Looking at the list... still nothing i could be happy getting, because it didnt update yet.
    Now here is the big problem... this is all about you... You are on a total egotrip, this is what you want and the values and taste in games you put in it. You have absolutely no respect for the people who likes the games, you either have or don't want to play... You want a system, where the minority can unzip their trousers and piss on the minority, while in the system we already have, everyone gets covered, because honestly... why the fuck should we care about what you want. When you sit and mope over a game you are too picky to get, another person is cheering for the next month pack. Let's get back to the "profit = content" deal. Let's just say, that platformers and puzzle is the minority genre. The people who likes those games, would now have even less of a chance to get a game, that they like, just because there is a slight majority that always outvotes it. In what sense is that fair?

    And you know what? I don't care if you do not like what PS+ has to offer. That's fine, unsubscribe if you want, but don't come here and say, that is unfair, that Sony doesn't always give the majority their right to get a free game every damn time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    First off, i never used that feature, so thats why i said i learned something new. Next, you make it sound like everything is a bonus, which is your opinion. For me, i am trying to justify why i am spending $50 for free games (again, nothing new for the past 2 months except frogger), discounts on games i will never buy, a storage area i dont use, a download feature i still dont think i will use, and game trials i wont ever touch (to list a few).
    I have to make it sound like an additional part of the package, because you continue to say each individual part of the package ain't worth it, and you didn't see it as a whole. The word "bonus" can be interpreted in a variety of ways and it was probably a poor choice of words from my part. What I meant to say, was it is a "feature". Everytime I read your individual ranting I thought "Why buy it all for 150 dollars, when you can download it for 50?". And if you don't like the features, fine, but don't force your opinion on us. And also saying, that PS+ has gone two months without updating is bullshit. Every first tuesday in every month, PS+ changes almost all of their offers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I am sorry if i dont see these things as a "bonus", although again its an opinion. I guess i shouldnt break up the different features, and just say right now that the WHOLE bundle of things you get with ps+ isnt helpful to me as of right now. If they change things (not because i want it, but because everyone should want some vote in the games you get) then i would be more willing to waste my cash. The last sentence was a opinion also.
    And that's your opinion, and I still have nothing against that, it's just your way to disseminate your message to us, like you were preaching it, and telling us, that what you say is fact and everyone who didn't agree with you were idiots (of course you didn't actually say that, but that's the way it comes across).




    Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

    Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

  2. #42
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    DigitalD86's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    57
    Reputation
    0

    I have used the Plus Membership but currently do not. I would say it's worth it if you're a regular on the PSN. The extra memory on Cloud is a nice feature for a backup in case something happens to your files and/or PS3.

    One catch that I do not like is that if you do not subscribe on time, or chose not to subscribe for a period of time, all of the games that are free and/or discounted will not be playable until you pay the additional cost up to full retail price.
    Last edited by DigitalD86; 05-02-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Structuring, addition comment


    PLATINUM TROPHY HITLIST:
    - ALIEN BREED: IMPACT
    - DIABLO 3
    - DEAD SPACE 2
    - THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
    - THE LAST OF US

  3. #43
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I kinda like, that you say, that getting the same end results, just in a different way actually makes a difference. If we get the same genres over again, just with a slight wait, then the end result would still remain!!! We get too many of the same genres. And here is your problem... you don't see the big picture. You say something like: "It may not have a bad result for you", but this isn't about me or you. This is about what's good for Sony and other people. And even though it may mixes up for you, there is still a lot of people who is gonna be tired seeing the same genre every month or so. I personally think Sony is doing an excellent job mixing it up... it isn't your idea. There is bound to be 3 or 4 genres, that never gets picked, and that is a damn shame for the minority who wants a puzzle or point-and-click game every once in a while.
    I didnt say it would end the same. I really think your trying to predict the outcome, and i disagree that "if we get the same genres over again, just with a slight wait, then the end result would still be the same". FIrst, i said that after one genre is picked, it will not be on the next vote (lets say FPS). So the next pick would be a different genre. The next time (FPS) is on the vote, a while of time has passed. Thus the end result would be 2, 3, 4 months before a genre is put back on the vote, sounds pretty well mixed to me. I bet you think every other month the (FPS) genre is back on the list... thats because your wrong in assuming things. We are also talking about games rather than genres. How many FPSs on PSN do you know of?

    I can list 3: COD Black OPs, Pay Day, COD Modern Warfare 2. None of these will ever be given away on PSN, but if they did, it would be a steal.

    Lets also remember that these options are the ones SONY gives you anyway. If your saying Sony "is doing an excelent job mixing it up", then the vote wont change anything. Lets get to the fact that "there will be 3 or 4 genres that arnt ever picked. Why not just limit the options to those 4 options? ... DUH. Oh its a damn shame for those minorities that want a puzzle... Really? Sony would still release those games... The vote is for 1 of the 4 new titles out. Sony isnt limited to the one and only game that was voted on...

    Lastly for this paragraph, you mentioned how this is for the community and not just any single person. Doesnt my vote of the majority help that? What i said is that those of you that lose the vote, you still got 3 games you would have gotten anyway. Things like the weird titles or puzzles would still get that, so really you lose nothing. Its really a win win, because if you want to complain about the same genres, lets at least remember you get no choice right now. And again... you might actually enjoy the winning title. Stop making it like (in this fictional situation) your vote will be the minority, and that everyone will complain that their voice isnt heard (because as of right now, it isnt anyway)


    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I've read your quote six times now, and I can still not see the big difference between, what you say PS+ would be with your idea, and what it is now. It's not like the games we get now are only appealed to a very minor minority, but every month we get a new game to please everyone. Even if it's just one of the games it still is unfair, and I can't get, why you don't see this. You have clearly not look pat your own sense of what you want. Because as of now, I'm the only one of us two, who actually think on behalf of both Sony and the costumers as a whole.
    I guess i should have told you to "read and comprehend" my quote. My idea would give people a voice and be able to pick a game title, compared to right now, where you log on each month to see what games are free. Also, since there isnt a huge difference (in your opinion), then what is the argument? Nothing would change, except maybe a million people actually enjoying the fact they get to pick the title.

    WHy is it unfair? Your telling me just because a minority doesnt like the choice that wins the vote, we should scrap it all? WHat if we did that for the presidential vote?... A sore loser complains and we redo the whole election? WHat about my situation? For 2 months i get nothing out of PS+. I find that unfair... Paying for nothing, when i just want 1 title, anything i dont already own.

    I like how you "think" your talking for both sides. You can talk for the gamers in your area, but dont be the voice for the million of gamers out there, since you dont know if they would be for or against this. If my idea is so horrible for gamers, i will retract it. As for being Sony's voice, i can see why they would disapprove of this idea. Too many happy gamers. OR maybe alot of unhappy gamers, who cry when they lose the vote.


    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Now here is the big problem... this is all about you... You are on a total egotrip, this is what you want and the values and taste in games you put in it. You have absolutely no respect for the people who likes the games, you either have or don't want to play... You want a system, where the minority can unzip their trousers and piss on the minority, while in the system we already have, everyone gets covered, because honestly... why the fuck should we care about what you want. When you sit and mope over a game you are too picky to get, another person is cheering for the next month pack. Let's get back to the "profit = content" deal. Let's just say, that platformers and puzzle is the minority genre. The people who likes those games, would now have even less of a chance to get a game, that they like, just because there is a slight majority that always outvotes it. In what sense is that fair?

    And you know what? I don't care if you do not like what PS+ has to offer. That's fine, unsubscribe if you want, but don't come here and say, that is unfair, that Sony doesn't always give the majority their right to get a free game every damn time.
    Dude your so off base. First off, this was an idea. If you hate the idea so much, feel free to put an argument down. So far all i know is you think its unfair, and think that the fictional options you would immediately disapprove. This idea would benefit me, which is why i thought of it. My idea is for everyone though (seems fair). Everyone that also get nothing out of the months of games. Its an idea to better PS+, but it will always stay an idea, since Sony wouldnt implement it anyway. You really take personal offense on this dont you... I mean i am not only thinking about myself

    ALso, you said that the people that like puzzles will have less of a chance of getting that type of game... Clearly you misunderstand, as their chances dont lower in anyway.

    1. They will get the same odds with the other 3 games every month
    2. Who is to say the puzzle genre wont win next months vote
    3. If the puzzle genre isnt chosen, it has a higher chance next month... better odds?
    4. So its unfair to reduce the chance of a puzzle coming up? What is the current chance of getting a puzzle game?

    I cannot say that Sony doesnt give the majority the right to a free game. I just think that a majority of gamers would like a game they dont already own, and if given the chance, more people would take the opportunity to chose a title, rather than getting 4 random. Again... thats the community, not just me.


    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I have to make it sound like an additional part of the package, because you continue to say each individual part of the package ain't worth it, and you didn't see it as a whole. The word "bonus" can be interpreted in a variety of ways and it was probably a poor choice of words from my part. What I meant to say, was it is a "feature". Everytime I read your individual ranting I thought "Why buy it all for 150 dollars, when you can download it for 50?". And if you don't like the features, fine, but don't force your opinion on us. And also saying, that PS+ has gone two months without updating is bullshit. Every first tuesday in every month, PS+ changes almost all of their offers...
    Um this is a rant... I am not "forcing my opinion on you". Just like you say "just unsubscribe", you can also "walk away". I would be saddened if you walked away as this is a interesting conversation (Because of your lack of understanding on my idea, your view of this topic is that i am only thinking about myself).

    Back to topic: This is a rant, an area for me to voice my outrage on this topic. This is the perfect place to voice my opinion (but i dont force you, the reader, to also agree with me)

    As for the first tuesday of each month, that may be true. But answer this:

    How many months has any of the sega games been up there? How many months has hamster ball or that pool game been up there? How long as the DLC for the magic balls or any of those other DLC been up there? (Been more than 3 months? Why?)

    Again, if i already got the game they are giving, thats sad. If we took a vote and i didnt get what i voted for, then i would have at least had the chance, which is better odds than right now.


    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    And that's your opinion, and I still have nothing against that, it's just your way to disseminate your message to us, like you were preaching it, and telling us, that what you say is fact and everyone who didn't agree with you were idiots (of course you didn't actually say that, but that's the way it comes across).
    Fact? I dont remember seeing myself write that anywhere. Dont read my messages as sermans, as they are not intended to be read that way. Most of what i said is opinon (in no way do i force this idea to happen, or even see it coming to life any time soon). I also dont mean to sound like your an idiot (why would i say such a thing). I am just saying that because you disagree with my idea, we should talk about this. When you start accusing me of being egotistical and selfish, then i got a problem...

    My idea is to help everyone, from the happy gamers who now get a chance to get something they want, to the unhappy PS+ user, who owns too many games, which limits the chances of me getting anything (as far as games for free)

    Can i also mention there isnt alot of discounted titles. When and what was the last discounted item you bought? Curious...



  4. #44
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Well... i guess his limited knowledge of what we were talking about has silenced him...
    Too bad... i still dont understand what he thinks is "unfair"



  5. #45
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    0

    For me Plus has been totally worth it. I subscribed pretty much on day one and now have about 100 games thanks to it. Admittedly I didn't like every single one but over 50% I played and at least liked. My personal favourite was Stacking, I loved everything about that game and even bought the DLC that came out. Every week I log onto the store and download the latest content. On top of this the cloud storage which I was not really bothered about turned out to be a life saver as my hard drive corrupted itself a couple of months ago and I lost nothing at all as it was all saved online. I'm happy to pay the 30 odd quid a year for these services (I'd happily pay double that to be honest!) not to mention the themes, avatars, exclusive, betas, free game trials etc. One of the best things Sony has done for the PS3 in my opinion!

  6. #46
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    I would say PS+ is worth it. I've paid for 2 years worth and I've gotten well over $500 worth of games for free and I also paid for the 2 year extended warranty. As for the cloud if I had it sooner I wouldn't have lost a lot of my save files that are copy protected due to my PS3 being serviced.

  7. #47
    Hidefninja.com
    sixteenvolt420's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Drums, PA
    Posts
    153
    Reputation
    5

    Never tried it, even when it was free after the crash. I don't play most games online and i just buy the few games i want from the psn store.

  8. #48
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by damien14273 View Post
    For me Plus has been totally worth it. I subscribed pretty much on day one and now have about 100 games thanks to it. Admittedly I didn't like every single one but over 50% I played and at least liked. My personal favourite was Stacking, I loved everything about that game and even bought the DLC that came out. Every week I log onto the store and download the latest content. On top of this the cloud storage which I was not really bothered about turned out to be a life saver as my hard drive corrupted itself a couple of months ago and I lost nothing at all as it was all saved online. I'm happy to pay the 30 odd quid a year for these services (I'd happily pay double that to be honest!) not to mention the themes, avatars, exclusive, betas, free game trials etc. One of the best things Sony has done for the PS3 in my opinion!
    Well like i mentioned earlier, if you had it from the start your good. If you didnt, it doesnt really pay for itself till about a year later. AND you missed out on some great titles if your just starting ps+ now... So i am happy your one of the few that enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    I would say PS+ is worth it. I've paid for 2 years worth and I've gotten well over $500 worth of games for free and I also paid for the 2 year extended warranty. As for the cloud if I had it sooner I wouldn't have lost a lot of my save files that are copy protected due to my PS3 being serviced.
    I really dont think you got $500 worth of free games. if a average FULL game is 30 (60 is the highest i have seen), you would have had to get a $30 worth game for 16 months... and even now they dont have many FULL games that are worth $30

    I am not saying your lying, just that i dont believe you literally mean $500
    Quote Originally Posted by sixteenvolt420 View Post
    Never tried it, even when it was free after the crash. I don't play most games online and i just buy the few games i want from the psn store.
    Aw thats too bad. When it was free for a month, it wasnt really special, but it was free so you shouldnt have missed out on that opportunity.



  9. #49
    WHO DAT!!!!
    gixxerrider's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    549
    Reputation
    8

    i love my PS+ free games and the cloud storage make it a no brainer to me

  10. #50
    NSFW
    gyrocop's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Dumb Puns
    Posts
    1,488
    Reputation
    115

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Well... i guess his limited knowledge of what we were talking about has silenced him...
    Too bad... i still dont understand what he thinks is "unfair"
    Wow... Way to be an asshole. Just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I dislike you and feels the need to insult others. I just happened to have other things in my life than this thread. I'm just discussing it, because I find peoples opinions interesting, but with that post, it seems to feel like a chore for you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I didnt say it would end the same. I really think your trying to predict the outcome, and i disagree that "if we get the same genres over again, just with a slight wait, then the end result would still be the same". FIrst, i said that after one genre is picked, it will not be on the next vote (lets say FPS). So the next pick would be a different genre. The next time (FPS) is on the vote, a while of time has passed. Thus the end result would be 2, 3, 4 months before a genre is put back on the vote, sounds pretty well mixed to me. I bet you think every other month the (FPS) genre is back on the list... thats because your wrong in assuming things. We are also talking about games rather than genres. How many FPSs on PSN do you know of?

    I can list 3: COD Black OPs, Pay Day, COD Modern Warfare 2. None of these will ever be given away on PSN, but if they did, it would be a steal.
    To start of:
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 3
    Battlefield 1943
    Battle: Los Angeles
    Bioshock
    Bioshock 2 (I think they count)
    Borderlands
    Bulletstorm
    Pretty much the whole CoD series (a few exceptions)
    Crysis
    Crysis 2
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
    Call of Juarez: The Cartel
    CellFactor: Psycokinetic Wars
    Dead Island (kinda counts)
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Far Cry 2
    GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
    Gotham City Imposters
    Homefront
    Killzone Multiplayer
    MAG
    Medal of Honor (I think it's "Frontline")
    Modern Combat: Domination
    Payday: The Heist
    The Punisher: No Mercy
    Section 8
    Section 8: Prejudice
    Wolfenstein 3D (It counts...)

    There is probably some I've missed too..

    Yes, I'm trying to predict the outcome, what else should I do? Close my eyes and say: "That'll probably do!!!"? I refuse.
    And you have now tons of times misread every single point I have written... I KNOW, that there is going to be a wait of 3-4 months, but that doesn't change what I've said. People join every day, with different tastes and expectations. It just happened that many people like FPS's and every time an FPS pops out, there is going to be a big likelyhood, that the FPS gets chosen. In the system we have now, there is a wait in 5-7 months before we get the same genre again, which is a better mix, so everybody gets covered, and that's why I think it's unfair to change it. Agree or not, I don't care, but don't say I did not understand, what you said, because I did.

    The reason why games like CoD isn't on the list, is because they are too big to buy for Sony for a 50 dollar service, that also gives you a lot else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Lets also remember that these options are the ones SONY gives you anyway. If your saying Sony "is doing an excelent job mixing it up", then the vote wont change anything. Lets get to the fact that "there will be 3 or 4 genres that arnt ever picked. Why not just limit the options to those 4 options? ... DUH. Oh its a damn shame for those minorities that want a puzzle... Really? Sony would still release those games... The vote is for 1 of the 4 new titles out. Sony isnt limited to the one and only game that was voted on...
    Maybe I think it's a shame since there was 4 chances to get it before, and now there is only 3... And to be fair, aren't Sony more comprehensible to pick games, then the everchanging community?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Lastly for this paragraph, you mentioned how this is for the community and not just any single person. Doesnt my vote of the majority help that? What i said is that those of you that lose the vote, you still got 3 games you would have gotten anyway. Things like the weird titles or puzzles would still get that, so really you lose nothing. Its really a win win, because if you want to complain about the same genres, lets at least remember you get no choice right now. And again... you might actually enjoy the winning title. Stop making it like (in this fictional situation) your vote will be the minority, and that everyone will complain that their voice isnt heard (because as of right now, it isnt anyway)
    I was thinking of the behalf of the minorities. There seems to be a flaw in your logic. I wouldn't have gotten these three games otherwise, therefore leaving a bigger chance for getting a game, I don't (or anybody else) like. It's not a win win situation, because now there is less that wins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I guess i should have told you to "read and comprehend" my quote. My idea would give people a voice and be able to pick a game title, compared to right now, where you log on each month to see what games are free. Also, since there isnt a huge difference (in your opinion), then what is the argument? Nothing would change, except maybe a million people actually enjoying the fact they get to pick the title.

    WHy is it unfair? Your telling me just because a minority doesnt like the choice that wins the vote, we should scrap it all? WHat if we did that for the presidential vote?... A sore loser complains and we redo the whole election? WHat about my situation? For 2 months i get nothing out of PS+. I find that unfair... Paying for nothing, when i just want 1 title, anything i dont already own.

    I like how you "think" your talking for both sides. You can talk for the gamers in your area, but dont be the voice for the million of gamers out there, since you dont know if they would be for or against this. If my idea is so horrible for gamers, i will retract it. As for being Sony's voice, i can see why they would disapprove of this idea. Too many happy gamers. OR maybe alot of unhappy gamers, who cry when they lose the vote.
    Then I said "huge difference" it was used in such a way as: "That argument does not make a difference to the overall problem.

    The presidential thing was a weak comparison... I'm saying let a subscription be a subscription, and then you talk about, that I'm going: "I didn't get what I want... I demand to get what I want" because that funnily enough sounds like your arguments. Even the sentence right after, copies the exact same way of thinking. Double morals are going through the roof here..... yeeesh....

    I'm not necessarily talking for both sides, I'm just thinking it from all angles and trying to make you realize, that this is not a perfect solution. I think your idea have some potential. I just personally thinks too, that it is worse, than what we originally got offered. Don't make me, use the profit = content argument again, because I can actually see why they don't want this. There is going to be too many people leaving PS+ because of the lack of variety for the games they want. Sony would rather have them there since they are a bigger group than the guys that leave PS+ for the reason you do. This is of course an unproved theory, but the thought alone should be enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Dude your so off base. First off, this was an idea. If you hate the idea so much, feel free to put an argument down. So far all i know is you think its unfair, and think that the fictional options you would immediately disapprove. This idea would benefit me, which is why i thought of it. My idea is for everyone though (seems fair). Everyone that also get nothing out of the months of games. Its an idea to better PS+, but it will always stay an idea, since Sony wouldnt implement it anyway. You really take personal offense on this dont you... I mean i am not only thinking about myself
    *you're.... that's like the fifth time or something...

    Uhmm.... this is awkward... I stated my opinion, but I didn't really feel like I took personal offense... maybe it's you who constantly misunderstand my posts. You have a nice idea, which I happened to disagree with, which I just stated, and I thought we just had a nice conversation, until your last post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    ALso, you said that the people that like puzzles will have less of a chance of getting that type of game... Clearly you misunderstand, as their chances dont lower in anyway.

    1. They will get the same odds with the other 3 games every month
    2. Who is to say the puzzle genre wont win next months vote
    3. If the puzzle genre isnt chosen, it has a higher chance next month... better odds?
    4. So its unfair to reduce the chance of a puzzle coming up? What is the current chance of getting a puzzle game?

    I cannot say that Sony doesnt give the majority the right to a free game. I just think that a majority of gamers would like a game they dont already own, and if given the chance, more people would take the opportunity to chose a title, rather than getting 4 random. Again... thats the community, not just me.
    1. I have covered
    2. I don't... I'm just looking it from all angles
    3. Yes, but not much... which is the problem
    4. I don't know, but I do think it's unfair to reduce the chance of one genre to raise the chance of another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Um this is a rant... I am not "forcing my opinion on you". Just like you say "just unsubscribe", you can also "walk away". I would be saddened if you walked away as this is a interesting conversation (Because of your lack of understanding on my idea, your view of this topic is that i am only thinking about myself).

    Back to topic: This is a rant, an area for me to voice my outrage on this topic. This is the perfect place to voice my opinion (but i dont force you, the reader, to also agree with me)
    You were just presenting it, like it was fact. I've never said anything about, that being your intention... I just didn't like the tone in some of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    As for the first tuesday of each month, that may be true. But answer this:

    How many months has any of the sega games been up there? How many months has hamster ball or that pool game been up there? How long as the DLC for the magic balls or any of those other DLC been up there? (Been more than 3 months? Why?)

    Again, if i already got the game they are giving, thats sad. If we took a vote and i didnt get what i voted for, then i would have at least had the chance, which is better odds than right now.
    Can't you see that the better odds thing is where my problem is? You should have equal odds, not better or worse... The Sega and TiK/Creat studios games is something extra you get besides the monthly stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Fact? I dont remember seeing myself write that anywhere. Dont read my messages as sermans, as they are not intended to be read that way. Most of what i said is opinon (in no way do i force this idea to happen, or even see it coming to life any time soon). I also dont mean to sound like your an idiot (why would i say such a thing). I am just saying that because you disagree with my idea, we should talk about this. When you start accusing me of being egotistical and selfish, then i got a problem...
    Here is why I thought you were being egotistical:

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Then, if you are picky like me (i only get ones with trophies) you notice that there is nothing to download, since some games dont have trophies. Things like Ps1 games (no trophies), Minis (no trophies), and ps3 / psn games (some dont have trophies), really just take up the space where new titles should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I dont see myself spending 50 on the chance to get a good free game. That 50 could go to buying 4 games off craigslist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    I would see a difference, because with my ps+, i got nothing for the past 2 months. Sega games- had them. Shank 2- had that. There is nothing new, since those two games mentioned were up for the past 3 months (approx). The only new thing i got was frogger, and that was last month's item. Looking at the list... still nothing i could be happy getting, because it didnt update yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    WHat about my situation? For 2 months i get nothing out of PS+. I find that unfair... Paying for nothing, when i just want 1 title, anything i dont already own.
    These quotes represents nothing, but your own personal problem, and then you take the: "Everybody agrees with me" road, which you accused me for taking earlier in the post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    My idea is to help everyone, from the happy gamers who now get a chance to get something they want, to the unhappy PS+ user, who owns too many games, which limits the chances of me getting anything (as far as games for free)
    I didn't agree... end of story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Can i also mention there isnt alot of discounted titles. When and what was the last discounted item you bought? Curious...
    I think it was OddWorld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Rayman 3 HD... it's one or two months back.

    I wont respond to these post anymore of these reasons:

    1. I do not like, that you insults me with "Well... i guess his limited knowledge of what we were talking about has silenced him..." and the DUH and the sarcastic overtunes
    2. This discussion just keeps expanding, and we will most likely not find a resolution. Can't we just agree to disagree?
    3. I'm just in general tired of the discussion, and I don't want it to get too personal, because I wont end up disliking you.

    I hope you understand.




    Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

    Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

  11. #51
    PRO Member
    Kerwan_Ratchet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a multiverses of different bodies and souls
    Posts
    1,901
    Reputation
    74

    The discounts, specials, themes, avatars, etc, etc, makes it more than worth it for me. I wish I got it sooner.




  12. #52
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Only thing I agree with you on is the 150MB(not GB btw) cloud storage. 150MB is way too fking small. Other than that, lol... The amount of free games you get, dlc, beta testings, discounts, etc. It pays for itself the first 3 months if you don't take advantage of any of it. If you do take advantage of it... 1-2 months and the $50 is paid for and the rest is just bonus.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

  13. #53
    You weak azz niggs
    grimydawg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (USA)
    Posts
    531
    Reputation
    52

    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I think it was OddWorld: Stranger's Wrath HD and Rayman 3 HD... it's one or two months back.

    I wont respond to these post anymore of these reasons:

    1. I do not like, that you insults me with "Well... i guess his limited knowledge of what we were talking about has silenced him..." and the DUH and the sarcastic overtunes
    2. This discussion just keeps expanding, and we will most likely not find a resolution. Can't we just agree to disagree?
    3. I'm just in general tired of the discussion, and I don't want it to get too personal, because I wont end up disliking you.

    I hope you understand.
    2K games like Bioshock, Borderlands, Mafia (all DLC included) were discounted at one time. Rockstar Games: RDR, La Noire (DLC included as well) were discounted. The Assassin's Creed games (not sure about Revelations) were discounted too and the price included the DLC with them. Some games even have been free like Shift 2.

    Granted, they may not the best games of all time, but they're certainly quality titles in there, I'd say. I'm happy with my PS+ membership. I've been one since it first came out. In fact, if it wasn't for me being PS+ I would have lost all of my save data I had when my PS3 YLOD a few months ago. I had to redownload DLC or whatever I had, but at least I didn't have to start my progress on games all over again. Sure, the games don't suit everyone's taste, but that's the beauty of video games. There are all different kinds for different kinds of people.



  14. #54
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Well like i mentioned earlier, if you had it from the start your good. If you didnt, it doesnt really pay for itself till about a year later. AND you missed out on some great titles if your just starting ps+ now... So i am happy your one of the few that enjoy it.

    I really dont think you got $500 worth of free games. if a average FULL game is 30 (60 is the highest i have seen), you would have had to get a $30 worth game for 16 months... and even now they dont have many FULL games that are worth $30

    I am not saying your lying, just that i dont believe you literally mean $500

    Aw thats too bad. When it was free for a month, it wasnt really special, but it was free so you shouldnt have missed out on that opportunity.
    Well sweetheart there are 140 dollars of free games alone this week. So I'm pretty certain that it's pretty close to 500. Back to the future 20 bucks, Jurassic Park 20 bucks, Sam and Max 1-5 20 bucks, Stackers 15 bucks, Crash 1-3 and CTR 6x4=24, Spyro 1-3 6x4=18, 18 other PS1 games 18x 6=108, 50 minis 50x3=150, SONY has also sent me other offers through my mailbox and that's not even including PSN games. So before you question my 500 dollar statement do some research.

  15. #55
    Lvl 3 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    149
    Reputation
    2

    i dont really think it worth it

  16. #56
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    xLUCAJx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8
    Reputation
    0

    I do think PS+ is worth it even though I am not a subscriber. I think it does offer great deals to those who buy off the PS alot but rather I dont purchase many add-ons as I see them as a waste of money that should be free since you bought the game.

  17. #57
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Wow... Way to be an asshole.
    I understand.
    Last edited by Crealkllr; 05-09-2012 at 03:43 AM.



  18. #58
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Well sweetheart there are 140 dollars of free games alone this week. So I'm pretty certain that it's pretty close to 500. Back to the future 20 bucks, Jurassic Park 20 bucks, Sam and Max 1-5 20 bucks, Stackers 15 bucks, Crash 1-3 and CTR 6x4=24, Spyro 1-3 6x4=18, 18 other PS1 games 18x 6=108, 50 minis 50x3=150, SONY has also sent me other offers through my mailbox and that's not even including PSN games. So before you question my 500 dollar statement do some research.
    Hmm good for you. I just want to point out that from my view point, i skip over all PS1, Mini, PSP, trials, avatars, themes, and Psn games that dont own trophies. So right there we have two different view points. Happy you pointed out you enjoy your PS1 games.

    So if your downloading everything, glad your getting your money worth. If anyone does the same thing, glad your getting your money worth. If you are like me, we have no use for any of those things, then your not coming close to $20. Not being an egotist, just from personal experience.

    So you can feel my comment as a personal attack if you like, but just wanted to correct you... Ps1 games are now worth $0.10. If you dont agree, ask Gamestop, they are the ones that make a games average worth.



  19. #59
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    MAXTHUNDER's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,949
    Reputation
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Hmm good for you. I just want to point out that from my view point, i skip over all PS1, Mini, PSP, trials, avatars, themes, and Psn games that dont own trophies. So right there we have two different view points. Happy you pointed out you enjoy your PS1 games.

    So if your downloading everything, glad your getting your money worth. If anyone does the same thing, glad your getting your money worth. If you are like me, we have no use for any of those things, then your not coming close to $20. Not being an egotist, just from personal experience.

    So you can feel my comment as a personal attack if you like, but just wanted to correct you... Ps1 games are now worth $0.10. If you dont agree, ask Gamestop, they are the ones that make a games average worth.
    Whether games have trophies or not they are still games that are free, when I said 500 dollars worth I didn't say 500 dollars worth of trophy games and like I said before SONY has sent me several offers of free games that they don't have on the store. I don't download any other add-ons or avatars cause I could care less about them. Gamestop pricing is way off anyways. My friend traded in FFVII complete with strategy guide all in mint condition and he got $1.50 for it and then they turned around and sold it for $75.


  20. #60
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    Whether games have trophies or not they are still games that are free, when I said 500 dollars worth I didn't say 500 dollars worth of trophy games and like I said before SONY has sent me several offers of free games that they don't have on the store. I don't download any other add-ons or avatars cause I could care less about them. Gamestop pricing is way off anyways. My friend traded in FFVII complete with strategy guide all in mint condition and he got $1.50 for it and then they turned around and sold it for $75.

    Well from my latest message, you can obviously see we both miscommunicated there. The problem is fixed though, as you informed me of your view point and i stated that i dont consider all those stuff worth it. So i really dont understand what your intent was when you replied.



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO