your password is no longer valid...

This is a discussion on your password is no longer valid... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i was in the ps store downloading trine2. i ended up getting signed out and when i tried signing back ...

Since Aug. 09

your password is no longer valid...

i was in the ps store downloading trine2. i ended up getting signed out and when i tried signing back in it said "your password is no longer valid" wth. i made a new password and it accepted it...tried again to sign in and said the same thing. my third attempt was a success. but how weird...was i being hacked?

Dominate!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

have you tried restarting the ps3? might work. or check your email for any updates/notifications

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Crocodile Hunter

I was trading with Wargasm on DD and it glitched on us and i lost my weapon so i deleted the save and was going to use my PS+ backup but i cant get in cause of an error, different problem to you but still PSN....i thought they were doing maitenence

Sig by Apokolypz

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    have you tried restarting the ps3? might work. or check your email for any updates/notifications
    it actually worked after the 3rd time so im back in, just thought it was odd my password was invalid out of no where.

Dominate!

Trophy Guide Kitten

This is actually happening to a lot of people. A good thing to do that works is restarting your ps3 when it happens. It usually works after that,
    K? Thanks

Harvester of Souls

I will keep in mind on this. Perhaps we should have a constant news thread that auto updates and flashes at the top for BIG PS3 or PSN errors as they hit so no one will worry and know a fix right off.. Seems could be a good idea or unfeasible to attempt anything like what I suggest?

Glad you're back and yea that's totally weird though Kiona to stay on point .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

An old-fashioned cowboy

Yeah I got this about a week ago. I simply just restarted the PS3. So it looks like the PSN is acting up

Since Aug. 09

just had to reset my password for a 5th time now...holy hell! none of this is at my own will, evrytime i sign in now i have to change my password. this is getting very lame.

Dominate!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    just had to reset my password for a 5th time now...holy hell! none of this is at my own will, evrytime i sign in now i have to change my password. this is getting very lame.
    Something just doesnt seem right about this you better contact playstation tech support this sounds serious.

Retired

Yes, just like Jackel said, you should contact Sony, or else it's bye bye kiona05!

Lvl 4 - Silver

My brother had this happen once.. He tried to make a new password and it wouldnt work so he just hit circle to go back and everything has worked fine since. Hope everything is good with your system and ID keep us posted

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    Yes, just like Jackel said, you should contact Sony, or else it's bye bye kiona05!
    lol hope kiona05 dont go bye bye...hasnt happened since my last post thankfully. after checking around i decided not to contact support yet, seems to be a common issue. gonna raise hell if it happens again though!

Dominate!

Harvester of Souls

Damn. That really sucks. . Don't understand why it keeps happening though.. I'd still contact Sony Support anyways just to be safe as could be something more serious and you're just the first to discover it despite this being a common thing mostly.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Legalize it...

This BS just happened to me. Said my password was no longer valid and needed to be changed so I hit x and then it said this service is undergoing maintenance. I Googled it, found this thread, turned off my PS3 then back on and it works fine now...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I had this happen yesterday, except it wouldn't even let me change my password, just kept flashing at me. In the end the ps3 gave up before I did and then came up with some error. Hopefully be fixed today...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    it actually worked after the 3rd time so im back in, just thought it was odd my password was invalid out of no where.
    This just happened to me. I logged on and it said password not valid. I just pressed circle to back out, and it took a while (thought it froze on me). After i backed out and tried again, it took my password, so idk what happened but i didn't change the password. Just wanted to mention, as i find my situation even weirder than the OP

Abracadaver ;[

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    This just happened to me. I logged on and it said password not valid. I just pressed circle to back out, and it took a while (thought it froze on me). After i backed out and tried again, it took my password, so idk what happened but i didn't change the password. Just wanted to mention, as i find my situation even weirder than the OP
    it is sad to say but it seems that lately is a common error with maintenance sessions..

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays