Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gamestop Rant

This is a discussion on Gamestop Rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda I wish I could have an informed opinion on Gamestop, but we don't have them on ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I wish I could have an informed opinion on Gamestop, but we don't have them on Chile.
    I always read that they're horrible and charge too much for games and that their trade-ins and the like are just scams and the like....sounds pretty bad, yeah.

But in my country stores are even worse. The cheapest you'll ever find a game is $20, and those are NBA 2K7 games and stuff like that. Even used games like Skyrim are like $40-50.
    In all honesty I wish I had a Gamestop here. Sadly I can't import from places like Amazon because shipping is expensive, so I sometimes buy from eBay but even that doesn't save me a lot of money.

I guess that doesn't mean Gamestop isn't "evil", but remember that there's always worse things.
    I think people should be more thankful sometimes. Especially Americans.
    I am sorry you dont have the oppertunity to experience the "gamestop screwdown"

It really depends where your from, as far as your experience. In hawaii (where i am) the sales people are nice, but are only experienced in certain types of systems, so you need to hope the sales person plays PS3, since i dont play xbox and wii is just... junk. Because i live in hawaii, my gamestop has horrific prices like yourself. Average game title is 20, unless its really kiddy like ben ten ulitmate alien something, which is 13.

Like someone mentioned above, i use the B2G1F coupon to get a bunch of used games. What i really hate is that the games i really want (mostly dance types) are so expensive. I cant bring myself to waste that amount of money, even though i want those
    [To clarify, i want dance games for the easy platinums, and to make guides since no one else wants to do it]

I end with saying sorry the stores in Rapture, Chile are so horrible, and that i wish you good luck in buying your games at a reasonable price

Closing this account

There is always an alternative to y'all situation instead of gamestop just try to put them up on auction. Must my games come from yahoo or ebay. I spent no more then $30 on a game or a set games. When I put my games up on auction, lucky that I live in Japan and I can pretty much get half my money back for a game.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    There is always an alternative to y'all situation instead of gamestop just try to put them up on auction. Must my games come from yahoo or ebay. I spent no more then $30 on a game or a set games. When I put my games up on auction, lucky that I live in Japan and I can pretty much get half my money back for a game.
    That is true.
    If anyone is willing to sell me their games, i will buy. It will be alittle less official but you get the money none the less
    YOu tell me a price, and once we agree on a price, give me your address and i will send you the money (shipping included). Once you receive it, you send the goods.

Obviously its on the honor system, so you need a good reputation for me to agree to this...

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    [To clarify, i want dance games for the easy platinums, and to make guides since no one else wants to do it]

I end with saying sorry the stores in Rapture, Chile are so horrible, and that i wish you good luck in buying your games at a reasonable price
    *lmao* Like Zumba? Is that even an easy plat? Heard it can be pretty tedious/difficult.
    No Gamestop in The Netherlands either..
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    *lmao* Like Zumba? Is that even an easy plat? Heard it can be pretty tedious/difficult.
    No Gamestop in The Netherlands either..
    Lol its funny that you mention zumba. I actually have that game, and got all offline trophies.
    I also made a guide for that game and get up and dance.

Zumba is both hard and easy. Easy because you can start an exercise and walk away. A fail safe session. The hard part is doing 100 exercises at 20 minutes each and finding online players. Like i said, all the offline is done... so i did all 100. Now got to find others to boost with. There is a trophy for playing with 100 different people online... Cant even find a single person

Lvl 6 - Silver

Gamestop isn't that bad guys... I buy all my games there... U can buy an easy plat game, beat in within a week, take it back and buy a more lasting title.. So in that u always get a 2 for1 deal.. The rewards card is great if you buy used games like me and I won't spend more than 20-25 on a game anyway.. And so many places offer you rewards cards now, especially in around malls... But gamers like to rage on everything so not suprising.. Employees are probably required to ask you if you want the card or preorders so I don't blame them...
    If you are mad about the resale value of you game the maybe you shouldnt even spend more than 20-30 on a game, 60 dollar price is just for the hype..

PRO Member

That was hilarious. The animation was great.

Sig by Bladia

Click-Click-Kaboom

That's so awesome but so true.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJuggler View Post
    Gamestop isn't that bad guys... I buy all my games there... U can buy an easy plat game, beat in within a week, take it back and buy a more lasting title.. So in that u always get a 2 for1 deal.. The rewards card is great if you buy used games like me and I won't spend more than 20-25 on a game anyway.. And so many places offer you rewards cards now, especially in around malls... But gamers like to rage on everything so not suprising.. Employees are probably required to ask you if you want the card or preorders so I don't blame them...
    If you are mad about the resale value of you game the maybe you shouldnt even spend more than 20-30 on a game, 60 dollar price is just for the hype..
    Dude... i know what your saying but i dont totally agree. I buy many of my games from gamestop, mostly used. I have returned games i beat to get another title, like you said. The thing is your taking the chance you dont beat the game (and fyi gamestop can refuse to take your return. They keep a record incase people do this)

So i dont hate gamestop, but i hope we can all agree it screws us all over multiple times.

Lvl 8 - Gold

So i just went to gamestop today... Dropped 100 on some games

Good thing is i got 3 easy Platinum games, two for 15 dollars each, so i believe it was a good deal. Gamestop is useful for something... when you know the right timing to swoop in and grab those deals

All out of bubblegum.....

I'm impartial, as my buddy is a manager of a game stop here in in Vegas, so I got a foot in the door. If it wasnt for him, and he's told me straight out in some cases to not buy from there, I'd deal with Amazon or another online store exclusvely. Yay for friends in high places! ( or at least places that you shop at alot. )
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 7 - Gold

I dunno really what is so bad with Gamestop, stores like that always has really high prices. and the trade-in isn't very good sure but it's the best in Sweden atleast.
    My routine is buy games on ebay, local internet store, then trade in. Usually I lose like 10 dollars per game

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 2 - Bronze

A couple of years ago, I looked on Gamestops website & they had Assassin's Creed 2 & God of War 3 listed for sale for $30 each, which was a great deals since they where both still fairly new & being sold everywhere for $60.

Well the site had it stated below the price where you can easily see, price not available online. So I go to one of the local stores to pick these 2 games up, & they are listed at $60 each. I ask the clerk about the sale I saw on the website & he tells me that the prices are only available online....

So basically Gamestop had a sale that no one could take advantage of because the advertised prices weren't available anywhere.

Lvl 9 - Gold

this is what i think of that video...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Dude this video is insanely funny and even more so cuz its true!!! Where did you find this and how???

I make my own mayo!

He said fucktard lol

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

Up the Irons!

I don't hate GameStop, but I do understand why people dislike them. I mean they like to rip off people. I have only sold my games to them once, and that was just because I needed some fast money, and I didn't have time to sell them online.

The GameStop that was near me when I was growing up had this one man that was just a . All the other GameStop's I've been to have had fairly kind, placid employees. Especially my local GameStop; they are very kind, and are very helpful.

I only buy from GameStop sometimes, just because I prefer to buy online (that goes for everything).

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 7 - Gold

I literally LOLed. Good video, and funny because it's true.

I used to shop exclusively at GameStop until I got a little older and realized how their buttf***ing works. Now, I buy my games elsewhere like Best Buy and in some cases Wal Mart, just because I don't want my money going to a place that makes Vegas pawn shops look good.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Legend...Nuff Said

We don't even have Gamestop in Canada, we have Electronics Boutique (EB Games) which is basically owned by Gamestop. I could care less where I buy my games. I shop around at chain stores, ma and pa stores, retailers, pawn shops, basically anywhere as I never sell my games. Sometimes I get a good deal at EB, sometimes I get a better deal somewhere else. It all depends on how much leg work you want to put into it.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    I literally LOLed. Good video, and funny because it's true.

I used to shop exclusively at GameStop until I got a little older and realized how their buttf***ing works. Now, I buy my games elsewhere like Best Buy and in some cases Wal Mart, just because I don't want my money going to a place that makes Vegas pawn shops look good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast