Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gamestop Rant

This is a discussion on Gamestop Rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The only problem I've had with gamestop recently is that they have been switching games behind the counter... Say you ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

The only problem I've had with gamestop recently is that they have been switching games behind the counter...

Say you bring up a case, and they ring up that case.. They will then either get the game out of the sleeve and put it in there or get out a different case(especially if it has the cover sleeve)... So they gave me 2 different games on 2 different occasions(I think it was the same girl on both)..

I brought up HAWX 2 to buy and somehow it says on my receipt HAWX 2 but I got HAWX 1.. I went to return it at a different gamestop cuz that one was way out of town and they thought I was trying to rip them off and said I needed to go back to that store(I didnt realize what happend either yet)

The second time was getting soul calibur 5... It was a buy 2 get one free so I bring up 3 games all costing around $30... and as I'm walking to my car I realized they gave me soul calibur 4! Yea like I am going to get a $5 dollar game as my free game...

SO point is after you bring up your games and are ready to buy and they get they games from behind the counter... CHECK THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

And if you are returning a game and wanting to buy another game... Just get the cash back first because I don't trust them to do a return right anymore either

Synthwave <3

lol That was hilarious and so true. We've gone with a huge stack of games and went right back out with the same stack after hearing their trade-in price. So ridiculous! Now we use Amazon and get way more back.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

my friend works at a local game store that buys and sells games he was telling me that they sold a copy of bandsmith brand new for 79.99 and they bought it back a while later from the guy for 5 bucks then they put it back on the shelve for 78.95

Banned

I use Kijiji to trade and buy games from people just like us... I wanted a new game a while back so I bought Rage... got the platinum... traded for Dead Island... got the platinum... traded for Batman: Arkam City... haven't really played it yet... but it still has trade value... so technically, I paid 20 bucks for each game at this point... once I trade Batman... it will be down to 15 bucks a game... I just bought Wheelman for 5 bucks and some fishing game for the girlfriend for 5 ... oh ya, and Kane & Lynch 2 for 5 ....

... you guys should check out your local online classifieds... and the best part is I'm not paying tax on used goods over and over again.

Resident Deadhead

ya know, if you dont want to give your games to gamestop, you could always always join the trading post here.....

just a little food for thought
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Lol at this awesome video But yeah i only trade games to my GameStop when they have 50% trade in bonus

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The crazy thing is even though gamestop rips off its customers we still go back to purchase so they must be doing something right

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I completed a used game I bought from there, so I went to return the game for a full refund saying I completed the game. I say where in your return policy for used games say we cant use that reason versus I didlt like the game. They say I cant do it. So you know what I did. I walk out the store and walk back in. May I return this game I didnt fucking like it.... then it went to your 7 days to return is ALMOST up. Then I am like almost up isnt up yet. I didnt like the game now may I return damn game. They finally took the game back.

Then I proceeded to buy DiRT 2 because I wanted it to get a platinum yet to be done and I said I would like this game, they got it from the case and proceeded with there endless offers very slowly just to piss me off. And me,not being stupid brought exact change with me knowing this would happen. At that point I proceed to had and count out how much money I had and tokk the game right off the counter and proceeded to walk right out the store with my game.

And all this happen a few weeks ago on the date of July 1st 2012

Lvl 6 - Silver

So, you wanted to get a full refund on a game without having a good reason? This might just be me but it sounds like you're just being a difficult customer. I have friends who worked at game and game station, the UK equivalents of game stop and they really would not put up with something like that. The people who work in stores such as gamestop are just gamers like us who have to abide by company rules, I feel sorry for the crap they have to put up with.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARfan247 View Post
    I completed a used game I bought from there, so I went to return the game for a full refund saying I completed the game. I say where in your return policy for used games say we cant use that reason versus I didlt like the game. They say I cant do it. So you know what I did. I walk out the store and walk back in. May I return this game I didnt fucking like it.... then it went to your 7 days to return is ALMOST up. Then I am like almost up isnt up yet. I didnt like the game now may I return damn game. They finally took the game back.

Then I proceeded to buy DiRT 2 because I wanted it to get a platinum yet to be done and I said I would like this game, they got it from the case and proceeded with there endless offers very slowly just to piss me off. And me,not being stupid brought exact change with me knowing this would happen. At that point I proceed to had and count out how much money I had and tokk the game right off the counter and proceeded to walk right out the store with my game.

And all this happen a few weeks ago on the date of July 1st 2012
    Um...so you feel that you should be allowed free games and that gamestop shouldn't make any money. You're kind of an idiot aren't you?

I had to put up with people like you all the time at Blockbuster "what do you mean I have to pay late fees, even though I brought the movie back late preventing others from renting it and allowing your store to make a profit".

So we took away late fees "What do you mean I have to pay a 2$ restocking , just because I kept the game for over a month past its due date (even though that is common practice at most retailers)"

We kept changing the policy to fit customer complaints and the complaints kept getting more and more stupid. Maybe stop expecting everything to be handed to you all the time and actually learn how the world works (money in exchange for goods and services)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I wish I could have an informed opinion on Gamestop, but we don't have them on Chile.
    I always read that they're horrible and charge too much for games and that their trade-ins and the like are just scams and the like....sounds pretty bad, yeah.

But in my country stores are even worse. The cheapest you'll ever find a game is $20, and those are NBA 2K7 games and stuff like that. Even used games like Skyrim are like $40-50.
    In all honesty I wish I had a Gamestop here. Sadly I can't import from places like Amazon because shipping is expensive, so I sometimes buy from eBay but even that doesn't save me a lot of money.

I guess that doesn't mean Gamestop isn't "evil", but remember that there's always worse things.
    I think people should be more thankful sometimes. Especially Americans.
    Wow that actually made alot of sense for to long north american has been spoiled

Lvl 9 - Gold

Used copies of most of the games at the Australian EBgames are usually only like 10 dollars less than new, and those with online passes make it more expensive than buying the game new alot of the time, some like red dead redemption are only two dollars less expensive than a brand new copy of the game (sure there is no online pass involved but still)

I hardly ever buy any games from them because they cost way more than other retailers here, sometimes they have sales that make them less expensive but their median price is usually alot higher especially at launch.

I'll take Assassins creed III and GTA V as some examples.
    AC:III was listed at 60 dollars on US site.
    Assassin's Creed III Special Edition - PlayStation 3 - EB Games Australia $88 AUD
    Exact same thing from where i usually get my games $69 Music Games DVDs at JB Hi-Fi Australia (free delivery as well)

GTA V was up for awhile at 60 on the US site yet there is a difference of 58 dollars 118 for GTA V on Australian website Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3 - EB Games Australia
    Amarkup of 19 dollars over the same thing at JBhifi $99 (yet still somehow adds 30 dollars over AC:III Grand Theft Auto V | Games & Consoles, Platforms, PS3 Games : JB HI-FI
    They also have massive markups on almost every other thing in their store when compared to buying it elsewhere in Australia,
    I'm aware of the whole pricing is higher here for a reason, but the mark-up between stores here is still quite drastic.
    They basically rely onpointless Pre order exclusives and other shiny things that arent available elsewhere that usually end up being added in later from developers for the rest of the players (DLC wise at least)

Also things like this https://www.ebgames.com.au/ebworld.aspx where you have to basically spend 9,500 on games to get a 20 dollar gift voucher, or a bit less than 9,500 and buy some exclusive pre order games (that they will most likely get back as a trade in anyway)
    If you're too impatient to work your way up in EB World (and let's face it, patience isn't anyone's strong point),
    If you want more in-depth info about EB World, feel free to have a chat in-store with any of the awesome EB Games crew. However if reading is more your thing, check out the FAQ's. We also have all that boring legal stuff they made us include, here.
    basically sums up their views on the community lol.

Edit: I guess JB is kind of like bestbuy for Australia? more of a deals with everything store and has a games range to, they have never messed up any of my purchases either compared with EBgames giving me wrong copies of games before to original bad company disc when i bought bad company 2 for 45% off for example.
    Some of JBs online prices are more expensive but they will match the cheaper prices of EBgames when they have sales on.

Their trade in margins make it seem pointless when you can get things like this http://www.getgaming.com.au/ 22.95 a month and you can keep the game for as long as you want,as many different games a month as you want, its kind of like game fly in the US I think really the only place you could get rentals for ages was blockbuster/video ezy here.
    Last edited by Waystedyou; 07-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Its not a free game if you return it to the store because you no longer have a game. It just took advantage of a breach in there policy. No harm and no foul there, they didnt loose money because they got the game back. And I got money back for giving them the game. I know how money works, and they did not loose a penny on the deal

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    The vid pretty much hit the nail on the head. Gamestop is ok, but never ever sell them your games. You are way better off just saving them.
    A-Frikin-Men...I buy two, get one free, and cheap games for easy trophies, but I never sell them anything. I've only traded in twice, to help pay for another game that I wanted. I much prefer other stores in order to get cash for games if I need to sell them.

Rangers F.C

I been playing games for about 19 years and been going to the same place for my games , never bought anything from the big corps , they are shit and only care about sales , when I go into my local shop Games Centre you can have a chat and a laugh plus they all play games so will tell you if a games shit or not and they have best prices around , we don't have a Gamestop in my area maybe the country but they sound like GameStation and they suck balls

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If anyone really wants to sell their games, they should just try Craigslist. I know its a little more work on your part, but you can sell a game that Gamestop might give for like 8 bucks, and resell it for like 20. Probably the smartest thing to do =/

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARfan247 View Post
    Its not a free game if you return it to the store because you no longer have a game. It just took advantage of a breach in there policy. No harm and no foul there, they didnt loose money because they got the game back. And I got money back for giving them the game. I know how money works, and they did not loose a penny on the deal
    just so you know, retailers lose money the longer stuff stays on the shelf because that game that isnt making money for them is taking up space for a game that might get sold, so you giving the game back makes them try to sell it again instead of making a profit off of you, that used game is taking up space that a new game that people actually want couldve had, there is harm and foul because you are taking advantage of a loophole put into place to help consumers that make a mistake by getting a game that they dont like, not returning a game because they beat it quickly

The Deathly Rhythm

I used to love Gamestop, until I got screwed by them..I sold my Black Ops and Mafia 2 back to gamestop, and they gave me 13$ store credit for it( thats joke money) then the next week I tried to buy a game with it using credit and money I had from the side, the guy said that theres no money in my Power Up Rewards card, they didn't even have record that I sold my games to them, and I couldn't do anything about it

now I buy games from Amazon now
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yea sums it up that you should not sell games to Gamestop.

♚ Overlord ♔

Gamestop is only good for their buy 2 get one free deals
    Everything else can easily be topped by amazon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast