Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Gamestop Rant

This is a discussion on Gamestop Rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Lol, which is why I can't help but laugh at the people that are keeping gamestop alive by going in ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Lol, which is why I can't help but laugh at the people that are keeping gamestop alive by going in and purchasing and trading in games... Goto Amazon or ebay, you'll find the biggest variety with the REAL prices. Not $55 for a used game. Not to mention if you want to sell your games, you'll get money back instead of a few bucks, unless it's just a very old game or a sports game...
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Lol, which is why I can't help but laugh at the people that are keeping gamestop alive by going in and purchasing and trading in games... Goto Amazon or ebay, you'll find the biggest variety with the REAL prices. Not $55 for a used game. Not to mention if you want to sell your games, you'll get money back instead of a few bucks, unless it's just a very old game or a sports game...
    True that, I saved alot of money buying there than Gamestop
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    True that, I saved alot of money buying there than Gamestop
    that only works if your able to use amazon, etc.

I live in hawaii, which most places dont ship. Add in the fact i dont have a credit card yet, and my paypal is malfunctioning. Amazon isnt an option at this time.

I go gamestop often, but i go for the good sales. I also go craigslist and other stores. So you just have to shop smart

All out of bubblegum.....

I keep gamestop alive here in Las Vegas unfortunately, but I havenet looked into the Amazon and trading games... is it pretty easy/worth it? If so, i may start looking into that...
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    I keep gamestop alive here in Las Vegas unfortunately, but I havenet looked into the Amazon and trading games... is it pretty easy/worth it? If so, i may start looking into that...
    i suggest you start looking into it, and seeing if its worth it. Obviously users go that route, and it wouldnt hurt or take too much of your time to look into it. As far as i know, you need a credit card or paypal. I am not willing to throw down any credit card, because there are cases of identity theft, which is a pain (from what i heard)

I dont trust users on the internet. So for me a few extra bucks to get a game isnt too bad.

PRO Member

I only buy games that I want in my collection and that I know I'll play again once I'm done. s for the others that I'll never play again I rent. I did try and sell some old games in GAME & gamestation.... It was best to keep them lol

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Well I go in for the 2 get 1 free deals. I usually shop there because I can get games when they're on sale. The bad thing is that most clerks don't know much about video games. I was asking this dude about pre-orders and he knew nothing.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I only go to buy games a gamestop when the game comes with a nice pre order bonus
    Other wise I buy from amazon or this mom and pop spot i know where I can get games a few days earlier than launch date

I plat'd lollipop chainsaw in 3 days and wanted to see how much store credit gamestop would give me
    And guess what they wanted to offer 25 bucks in credit for a game that was released 3 days ago
    I laughed and left and took my game and sold it on ebay 2 days later for 49 bucks

Honestly if commercialized game shops like this one didn't offer pre order bonuses
    Then I would spend my money on smaller businesses, I do it when I can but some pre orders are gotta have it mode lol

I do hate when they always try to get me to renew my power rewards card
    For 15 bucks a year with a game mag that has info I could get here faster
    It's a lose lose situation lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Well I go in for the 2 get 1 free deals. I usually shop there because I can get games when they're on sale. The bad thing is that most clerks don't know much about video games. I was asking this dude about pre-orders and he knew nothing.
    Thats pretty much what i do. Its hard when the copy of a game is at another location. ALso, the buy 2 get 1 free is only on used titles, so again lowers the chances of me buying titles i want (i try to get games in the same price range)

ANyway yea the clerks are dumb sometimes. i wouldn't ask them about game recommendations, but then again even i dont know what i want

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    I only go to buy games a gamestop when the game comes with a nice pre order bonus
    Other wise I buy from amazon or this mom and pop spot i know where I can get games a few days earlier than launch date

I plat'd lollipop chainsaw in 3 days and wanted to see how much store credit gamestop would give me
    And guess what they wanted to offer 25 bucks in credit for a game that was released 3 days ago
    I laughed and left and took my game and sold it on ebay 2 days later for 49 bucks

Honestly if commercialized game shops like this one didn't offer pre order bonuses
    Then I would spend my money on smaller businesses, I do it when I can but some pre orders are gotta have it mode lol

I do hate when they always try to get me to renew my power rewards card
    For 15 bucks a year with a game mag that has info I could get here faster
    It's a lose lose situation lol
    You brought up a point i forgot. I dont pre order much, but sometimes i do it for the bonus.

As far as the renewal of my card, i hate that too. Mine is going to expire, but i will renew it when december draws near. The magazine is ok as far as reading material, but if i could get a cheaper price and not get one in the mail, i would take that route.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234