Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gamestop Rant

This is a discussion on Gamestop Rant within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This video contains swearing, mature imaging, and a one sided view of Gamestop. Enjoy This is an animation (i dont ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Gamestop Rant

This video contains swearing, mature imaging, and a one sided view of Gamestop. Enjoy
    This is an animation (i dont own anything) and i just thought it would be a great way to start a rant on Gamestop.

You can post anything you like or dislike about gamestop (or what ever the name of the store is where your from)

Let me start
    • I visit this chain of stores alot. I find it nice to have people to ask questions
    • their prices are reguarded as the average price for any certain title, i find some nice cheap games.
    • They pretty much have the variety
    • THey have that computer that tells you where a certain title is in stock at
    Thats it for the good stuff.

Bad:
    • Their prices are horrible. I guess they set the bar though, as their prices are taken for the average price for a game. I only buy when its 2 get 1 free. I go to craigslist for better prices
    • You can redeem games in for credit. Thing is i know my games are worth more than a dollar.
    • The sales people arnt very knowledgeable. They either dont know, or try to BS it.
    • Their emails are not helpful, with little to no discount on stuff i am even remotely interested in.
    • They dont have titles i am looking for!
    Thats to name most of what i dont like.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sounds a bit like Blockbuster in the UK.

Lvl 8 - Gold

The vid pretty much hit the nail on the head. Gamestop is ok, but never ever sell them your games. You are way better off just saving them.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    The vid pretty much hit the nail on the head. Gamestop is ok, but never ever sell them your games. You are way better off just saving them.
    LOL yea i totally agree with this animated vid. For me its difficult since i am a hoarder. Even if they did give good credit in exchange, i wouldnt be willing to part with the games i own, no matter how bad the game is.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    LOL yea i totally agree with this animated vid. For me its difficult since i am a hoarder. Even if they did give good credit in exchange, i wouldnt be willing to part with the games i own, no matter how bad the game is.
    I'm the same way, I can never trade-in games.

lol @ the video btw.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Pretty much teh video explained it. I miss GameCrazy. Once it went under..these..demons took over.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Pretty much teh video explained it. I miss GameCrazy. Once it went under..these..demons took over.
    Game crazy was what the store was called before it became gamestop? Or is game crazy a group that makes youtube videos?

At Kahala mall, there used to be two different stores. One called game stop, the other called software etc. They merged, and after a few store movements (about 3 different spaces in the same mall) they are now rooted near the movie theater.

PRO Member

Iirc, Game Crazy was a branch of Hollywood Video. It was a game store that started inside the movie stores, then branched out to stand alone stores.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

PRO Member

That was Hilarious yet so true at the same time.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I definitely got my laughs from that.

PLATINUM TROPHY HITLIST:
    - ALIEN BREED: IMPACT
    - DIABLO 3
    - DEAD SPACE 2
    - THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
    - THE LAST OF US

The Stereotype Killer

I'm kinda divided on gamestop to be quite honest. Sometimes I like their sales, other times I prefer purchasing straight off Amazon or some other place... and I've traded in games before... pretty much always feel ripped when it comes to them giving "credit" or money back. I haven't sold them a game back in a long while, probably won't. But who knows...

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

I only go when theres deals.. otherwise EB Games or Best Buy. Oh wait, GAMESTOP FUCKING BOUGHT EB GAMES.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare

Rainbow in the dark

funny vid, thank you for that. The gamestores here in the Netherlands arent like that at all and i should know, i pretty much been to them all
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

PRO Member

I guess I'm lucky because my local GameStop has some real gamers working there and they know what they're talking about. I do agree that the trade-in prices suck, but I only trade them back when they give an extra 50%. Also, I only buy used games there on the B2G1 free. Normally with new games, I'll go through amazon for day one purchases because of the credits they tend to give.

Closing this account

Foamy kinda did something like that already.

Harvester of Souls

All my lamestops suck balls around here.. bunch of asshats working in them and unfriendly as can be. Had a couple friends working in one so would go in there.. but they moved away so yep. Now nothing for them.. lol at the videos .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

I wish I could have an informed opinion on Gamestop, but we don't have them on Chile.
    I always read that they're horrible and charge too much for games and that their trade-ins and the like are just scams and the like....sounds pretty bad, yeah.

But in my country stores are even worse. The cheapest you'll ever find a game is $20, and those are NBA 2K7 games and stuff like that. Even used games like Skyrim are like $40-50.
    In all honesty I wish I had a Gamestop here. Sadly I can't import from places like Amazon because shipping is expensive, so I sometimes buy from eBay but even that doesn't save me a lot of money.

I guess that doesn't mean Gamestop isn't "evil", but remember that there's always worse things.
    I think people should be more thankful sometimes. Especially Americans.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigstevieg85 View Post
    Sounds a bit like Blockbuster in the UK.
    Blockbuster are not a tenth as bad as GAME or the late GAMESTATION. Blockbuster are actually pretty good value on used games. I was in there the other day and they had Killzone 3 for 8.

GAME are pretty much like the video, pushing you to buy their 3 rewards card when they probably wont last the year

The Grand Ray Legend

Bioshock Infinite is the last game I'm buying from Gamestop because I'm still mad at what they did to me, I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 56$ dollars, I platted it in a month (u can check the trophy times if u want) I sold it back to them and guess how much they wanted my game for..............................9$.....are u kidding me 9$ I just wanted to smack someone, I did not sell the game but i'm not gonna buy from them anymore, Amazon is my store now
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    i stopped trading games at gamestop and now do it at my local game store. best decision ever. get way more money for it

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast