Playstation Plus Survey Hints at Free COD:Elite Subscriptions, Physical retail games for free

This is a discussion on Playstation Plus Survey Hints at Free COD:Elite Subscriptions, Physical retail games for free within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation Plus: Free COD Elite and New Releases? - PS3 News at IGN A PlayStation email survey is currently making ...

INTJ

Playstation Plus Survey Hints at Free COD:Elite Subscriptions, Physical retail games for free

PlayStation Plus: Free COD Elite and New Releases? - PS3 News at IGN

A PlayStation email survey is currently making the rounds and asking some very interesting questions about PlayStation Plus -- namely: How much would you pay for the subscription-based program if it included Call of Duty: Elite and free, new Blu-ray games?

Submitted by IGN reader Bryan Findley, the survey tweaks a number of variables to see what a person's perfect PlayStation Plus package would cost. Currently, PlayStation Plus can be purchased annually for $49.99 or in a three-month package for $17.99. It includes discounts, game trials and free PlayStation Network games and items. This survey pushes the free offerings, and price of the program, forward.

The 15-minute survey presents a number of PlayStation Plus plans and asks users to choose the one they'd prefer the most -- then, the next choice slightly modifies that pick to hone in on that user's hypothetical plan. The most interesting variables include access to Call of Duty Elite and free newly released PS3 games (see: digital Blu-ray releases). Currently, free full games offered on PlayStation Plus are older titles.

As you can see in the screenshot above, the perks vary greatly plan to plan and include the number of games added a year, the quality of the game and the percentage of the discount. However, the survey also tested the way people would pay for PlayStation Plus. Clearly the three-month and annual prices change based on what's included, but the survey also offers a monthly option. Findley said that the survey included questions about committing to an annual subscription and then paying a monthly fee rather than the lump sum.

We've reached out to PlayStation and Activision for comment on the survey. This article will be updated if they respond. Until then, what do you think? Does this survey point to the future of PlayStation Plus or is it just research? What would you pay for PlayStation Plus if it had new games and Elite? Let us know in the comments below.

UPDATE: The story below details a survey that hints at PlayStation Plus adding Call of Duty Elite and new PS3 releases to PlayStation Plus. A Sony spokesperson has responded: "We have nothing specific to announce at this time, but PlayStation Plus continues to delight gamers with free games, huge discounts and exclusive gaming features that can't be found on other platforms."

hey look sony is actually trying to make playstation plus valuable.

Indie Game Developer

Hey look, it's already valuable with the amounts of games it gives away for free, the early beta access, and the Cloud Storage. I pay $50 a year for my subscription, and it's a steal. Don't talk about something you don't pay for.

Last month we got Shank 2 and Shift Unleashed 2 for free, and this month we got Awesomenauts (brand new title) and Trine 2 for free.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Hey look, it's already valuable with the amounts of games it gives away for free, the early beta access, and the Cloud Storage. I pay $50 a year for my subscription, and it's a steal. Don't talk about something you don't pay for.

Last month we got Shank 2 and Shift Unleashed 2 for free, and this month we got Awesomenauts (brand new title) and Trine 2 for free.

a terrible sequel and a piece of shit NFS game last month, this month we get a game people apparently like and a game everyone that likes good games already owns.

thanks sony!

Death is Awaiting....

I would go with Option 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

INTJ

i want a combo of A and C

Crocodile Hunter

PS360 if you dnt have PS+ then you should not bitch bout it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It's great to see that they would like to make PS Plus more valuable than it is. I for one already believe that PS+ is worth the money. I could see however why casual gamers wouldn't like it; they don't really release games that would be appealing to everyone. The last few months of games have been fun, but none of the games are something that would make an individual run to the store to become a member. Hopefully that changes within the next few months

Latest Platinum: Trine 2
    Currently Playing: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (22%) Bioshock 2 (7%) Brutal Legend (6%) The Walking Dead (20%)
    Recent studies have shown, there is direct inverse correlation between the amount of trophies a gamer has, and the lack of sex he/she is getting-Some Guy

Lvl 6 - Silver

I love having plus but i could care less about that cod thing as im not a fan of FPS's

Last L Is A Capital i

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    a terrible sequel and a piece of shit NFS game last month, this month we get a game people apparently like and a game everyone that likes good games already owns.

thanks sony!
    i still don't own it, that's why i will be renewing my PS+ subscription this month

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have been considering getting the annual subscription... I never got around to it mainly because I don't play enough and horrible internet speeds...
    It seems like its worth it because of the free games in itself.. The betas definetly sound appealing and fun too but again to really get the most out of PS+ you need decent internet.

The monthly (or what is it 3 month?) option I dont think is worth it because you can't keep the games past your subscription...

What I think they could improve on is more options in game dicounts...
    maybe like choose game A or B for free
    or
    vote for the next free game...
    something to make it more interesting and interactive because if I dont want the game they are offering then there is no reason for me to join now is there?

and lastly to make the file sizes smaller so i can download them

Platinum Procrastinator

I could care less about getting the COD Elite package. I'm happy with what I'm getting now and would rather get more free games and discounts than COD Elite.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

cod elite would be just another added bonus to this well payed for service

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    PlayStation Plus: Free COD Elite and New Releases? - PS3 News at IGN hey look sony is actually trying to make playstation plus valuable.
    You dont have it so how the FUCK can you say its already not valuable? I used to have it (loved it) but they rarely released games. If option 1 wins and goes affective i'll buy yearly ps+. But, If you havent had it how do you know its not good? Sounds like a definition of a troll and semi-fanboy.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    You dont have it so how the FUCK can you say its already not valuable? I used to have it (loved it) but they rarely released games. If option 1 wins and goes affective i'll buy yearly ps+. But, If you havent had it how do you know its not good? Sounds like a definition of a troll and semi-fanboy.
    he/she/it is a definition of a troll and semi-fanboy

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    PS360 if you dnt have PS+ then you should not bitch bout it
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post

i do have it. bought it right after it was announced and re-subscribed already in hopes that something special might happen.

anyone who has me on their psn friends list can confirm this.

the free game list is pitiful and once in a while there's a gem (stacking)

the only reason to get it is for discounts on stuff you possibly might not have yet or a occasional "closed beta"

edit:

oh look i turned on my vita just for you guys to show i have ps plus

Lvl 6 - Silver

Damn she's good, i give you that PS360 xD

Saints Row IV

If PS+ has a COD Elite free membership, ill gonna pick it up
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Synthwave <3

That's great that they're trying to give more options with the service. I hope that they give more options for storage. We are over our limit so some stuff doesn't get saved into the Cloud.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    That's great that they're trying to give more options with the service. I hope that they give more options for storage. We are over our limit so some stuff doesn't get saved into the Cloud.
    Yeah your right xD

Chairman of the Board

That would be a good deal having CoD Elite on PS+. Although I don't play MW3 as much as I have previous titles, Elite is still a good service seen as the only time I play is with friends. Also the clan operations are a blast for showing friends how much better you are at the game than they are