Results 1 to 17 of 17

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP remaster HD Version Release

This is a discussion on Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP remaster HD Version Release within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well so far, the PSP title Monster Hunter Portable 3rd released in Japan and sold GREAT! So they remastered it ...

  1. #1
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    205

    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP remaster HD Version Release

    Well so far, the PSP title Monster Hunter Portable 3rd released in Japan and sold GREAT!

    So they remastered it to release on the glorious PS3 in Japan, first Monster Hunter to do so .

    Also great!!!!! Now for the overseas releases to Europe and US, right?

    Nope so far. . Been waiting for this and going to simply import a copy and wing it so far.




    Two main issues come up from reading several threads on the interwebz..One issue is the Japanese remaster doesn't have trophies, which I can live without but Sony requires all US games to contain them. Ok then... FML.

    BUT Capcom claims it's Sony's end cause they can't fix the online play or something another >:F More on this in the threads, when clearly read about other games that they've fixed and been able to support the same system as Monster Hunter needs.


    Related Information
    Sony Stalls Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Localization for Europe and North America | PlayStation LifeStyle

    Capcom USA "Pushing Very Hard" For Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. | Siliconera

    Just some discussion on it about how no one cares for it to have trophies.. just want it released if tells you anything
    So I sent Sony an e-mail - Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs


    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  2. #2
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Crealkllr's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    50th State Fair
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    25

    hmmm... interesting. Heard of this series, but still clueless as to what the gameplay looks like. Is it like shoot the monster till you can capture it?
    example is Metal gear peace walker: where you tranquilize the monsters till they sleep?



  3. #3
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    13

    I love this series to bits and no I wouldn't care if it had trophies or not, Nor the ad-hoc party online support.

    Iv'e played each other freedom (Portable) monster hunter for at least 2500 hours each with unite reaching 4000 and have only used ad-hoc party about 10 times at most. I would play the game if it had trophies or not.

    But what Capcom is doing for localisation of portable 3rd here is a bit dumb. All they have really focused on is portable 3rdHD and not the original on PSP. If they had put in as much effort in the PSP one then the problem of trophy support doesn't exist and ad-hoc party would be much simpler to put date, also PSP portable 3rd would be able to be played on a vita (presuming it is released on the store which is likely since every other freedom monster hunter is on Europe store at the moment.

    So in my opinion or though Sony is making this harder for them with trophy and ad-hoc party support it is also Capcom's fault for not trying the other version of the game which doesn't need this support. Unless Capcom just really wanted to get a PS3 monster hunter localised, which is their fault if it's true since Monster Hunter Tri always should have been on PS3 not WII (I just don't think WII which is a console aimed almost entirely at casual gamers should not have a game which you invest so many hours into like monster hunter)

    As for me importing I still haven't yet. but at the end of this year if the game isn't localised or has no localisation date then I do intend to import Portable 3rdHD (I would do the PSP one but I sold my PSP when they released all the freedom's on the store back in February since I could then play them all on my vita and the only games I played on PSP was monster hunter freedom's , phantasy star portable 1/2 and lord of arcana all of which I had for download so keeping my PSP was a bit pointless from then on

  4. #4
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    205

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    I love this series to bits and no I wouldn't care if it had trophies or not, Nor the ad-hoc party online support.

    Iv'e played each other freedom (Portable) monster hunter for at least 2500 hours each with unite reaching 4000 and have only used ad-hoc party about 10 times at most. I would play the game if it had trophies or not.

    But what Capcom is doing for localisation of portable 3rd here is a bit dumb. All they have really focused on is portable 3rdHD and not the original on PSP. If they had put in as much effort in the PSP one then the problem of trophy support doesn't exist and ad-hoc party would be much simpler to put date, also PSP portable 3rd would be able to be played on a vita (presuming it is released on the store which is likely since every other freedom monster hunter is on Europe store at the moment.

    So in my opinion or though Sony is making this harder for them with trophy and ad-hoc party support it is also Capcom's fault for not trying the other version of the game which doesn't need this support. Unless Capcom just really wanted to get a PS3 monster hunter localised, which is their fault if it's true since Monster Hunter Tri always should have been on PS3 not WII (I just don't think WII which is a console aimed almost entirely at casual gamers should not have a game which you invest so many hours into like monster hunter)

    As for me importing I still haven't yet. but at the end of this year if the game isn't localised or has no localisation date then I do intend to import Portable 3rdHD (I would do the PSP one but I sold my PSP when they released all the freedom's on the store back in February since I could then play them all on my vita and the only games I played on PSP was monster hunter freedom's , phantasy star portable 1/2 and lord of arcana all of which I had for download so keeping my PSP was a bit pointless from then on
    Glad to know I'm not the only one playing these games . . yeah I want to import it, but I don't know Japanese and so it woudl hurt some features of the game and I would have to get everything translated and look up all the time to see what the quest is and/or items and weapons and materials needed. Think I'd not have as much interest in it since couldn't see anything cept killing lol.

    I'm still banking on them getting it ported over to EU and US soon . Already ahve it developed. Just translate everything for us and re-release here . OR if they and Sony can't reach an agreement, then make a english patch and throw it on PSN or allow importation on it with ease through like Play-Asia or something.

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  5. #5
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    0

    its not tht its capcom usa. thy dont think the game will do as good as it did in japan -_-. again thsese are the same douches tht cancel megaman games. i have been waiting for a while to even hear of a mh game coming to the u.s. the mh psp titles did decent here but i think i think it would do better bcuz 1. guys like us would tell are frinds to get it and 2. the graphics would catch ppl.

  6. #6
    Huge Skip Bayless fan.
    El Jefe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Set of ESPN: First Take
    Posts
    3,357
    Reputation
    99

    i hope trophies come to this game. would hook me to buy this game

    Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser


  7. #7
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    205

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessshado22 View Post
    its not tht its capcom usa. thy dont think the game will do as good as it did in japan -_-. again thsese are the same douches tht cancel megaman games. i have been waiting for a while to even hear of a mh game coming to the u.s. the mh psp titles did decent here but i think i think it would do better bcuz 1. guys like us would tell are frinds to get it and 2. the graphics would catch ppl.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    i hope trophies come to this game. would hook me to buy this game
    Defiintely . Time will tell and I was thinking about it and researched those threads and figured bring this news of the holdup to you all here. Glad we can band together. Hell they should just develop one solely for us all with trophies for the PS3, regardless of these other MH games. Or port Fronteir to PS3 and bring that here to the States as well. Be epic as hell

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  8. #8
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,268
    Reputation
    310

    so sony is the cause of why it isn't out yet in America.


    its like sony hates money or something

  9. #9
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    xtole13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    1

    Yay! There are others who play this game lol! If anything we can hope for a Vita/3ds release of 3G or the upcoming MH4. It sucks that MHP3HD was slated for US release this year but Sony/Capcom did not want to fund the Adhoc Party update that Japan has. With or without trophies, the game would be an automatic purchase!

    Difficult being a Monster Hunter fan in the west :p

  10. #10
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    YumeOMiru's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Reality, sadly......
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    26

    They could have made billions if they just made Monster Hunter 4 for the ps3, instead they port/remaster the game 3 times and we in the west get no slice of that cake.
    Hand-bra Jeans

    The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

    Medaka Box


  11. #11
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    205

    Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    so sony is the cause of why it isn't out yet in America.


    its like sony hates money or something
    Quote Originally Posted by xtole13 View Post
    Yay! There are others who play this game lol! If anything we can hope for a Vita/3ds release of 3G or the upcoming MH4. It sucks that MHP3HD was slated for US release this year but Sony/Capcom did not want to fund the Adhoc Party update that Japan has. With or without trophies, the game would be an automatic purchase!

    Difficult being a Monster Hunter fan in the west :p
    Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    They could have made billions if they just made Monster Hunter 4 for the ps3, instead they port/remaster the game 3 times and we in the west get no slice of that cake.
    Pretty much guys.. several of my real life friends brought this back up with me, but I've yet to hear anything new. . Starting to doubt anyone in the game business having anything cept for shit for brains lately. so many remakes they know would work and sell.. yet don't... then port random other games that are alright, but nothing special in terms of what they could.. and the constant slap in the face of me and my beloved Monster Hunter series >:F. Hell they all need to get on the ball with this already!!!!!

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  12. #12
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    You people seem to think just because it is popular in Japan that it will be popular here. I hear this debate all the time at places like EB where the gamers are mad that these games don't come over from Japan. The sad truth is they don't sell here.

    6 months after Monster Hunter Tri came out I could buy it at Walmart for 9.99 because it just didn't sell. Here are the sale numbers for Monster Hunter Tri and then tell me "Sony Hates Money"

    Monster Hunter 3 - The Monster Hunter Wiki - Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter 3, and more

    Under 700 000 sold between Us and Europe is not worth the localization. Just because you want it, doesn't mean the majority of people want it.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  13. #13
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You people seem to think just because it is popular in Japan that it will be popular here. I hear this debate all the time at places like EB where the gamers are mad that these games don't come over from Japan. The sad truth is they don't sell here.

    6 months after Monster Hunter Tri came out I could buy it at Walmart for 9.99 because it just didn't sell. Here are the sale numbers for Monster Hunter Tri and then tell me "Sony Hates Money"

    Monster Hunter 3 - The Monster Hunter Wiki - Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter 3, and more

    Under 700 000 sold between Us and Europe is not worth the localization. Just because you want it, doesn't mean the majority of people want it.
    That is only for monster hunter tri which was on the Wii which a lot of the older fans don't think it suits, like me (Why put a game which is popular for graphics and a game style rewarding hardcore gamers on a the console with the worst graphics and aimed at the casual market.)
    Also for third party titles on the Wii 700000 is really good (very few titles on the Wii that aren't Nintendo made get 500000)

    As for the price in US, US doesn't sell as well as EU. In fact if you get tri in UK new it is still around 25, 15 used.

    Also MHFU has sold much better out of JP. It has sold 1.21 million out of Japan
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - VGChartz
    Plus if you look at the sales figures for the past 3 weeks on the psp (I couldn't find any before then) Monter hunter freedom unite was second last week and the 2 weeks prior it was first.
    And this is on console which has been hacked to pieces, so sales are heavily affected.

    But yes Sony does hate monster hunter, even though it does actually sell well out of Japan, just not as well as Japan.

    Also if you look at fans of the series (mostly people who bothered to put more that 200 hours into the game) All of them are so focused on the game and keep coming back to what we have, The fan base out of Japan may be small for the series but it grows every day and they are all very loyal

  14. #14
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    zz383's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kyousuke's Shower
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    14

    The Wii is not intentionally a casual gamer console. It is up to the developers to make a non-casual game on the system. There are no restrictions preventing such a thing, the Wii Classic Controller is available if you want a non-motion controller game. But hey, it is totally the console manufacturer's fault when they try to push the boundaries of what gaming is about and allow you greater control and interaction with a game other than pushing buttons.

    As well, if you and the other fans were as loyal as you say you are, then the console it is on would not matter. I own more than six Resident Evil games, on a total of six different consoles. I go where the game is, I don't expect the game to come to me.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

  15. #15
    Lvl 4 - Silver


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    The Wii is not intentionally a casual gamer console. It is up to the developers to make a non-casual game on the system. There are no restrictions preventing such a thing, the Wii Classic Controller is available if you want a non-motion controller game. But hey, it is totally the console manufacturer's fault when they try to push the boundaries of what gaming is about and allow you greater control and interaction with a game other than pushing buttons.

    As well, if you and the other fans were as loyal as you say you are, then the console it is on would not matter. I own more than six Resident Evil games, on a total of six different consoles. I go where the game is, I don't expect the game to come to me.
    I think you misunderstood what I said. Not many actually left but they weren't happy.
    resident evil is a bit different to monster hunter since Resident evil had already been on a variety of consoles. Monster hunter had always been exclusive to Sony (aside from frontier but frontier is separate to the rest of the series), In fact tri was originally confirmed for PS3 then about 6 months later changed to Wii for no given reason.

    And you are correct, the Wii wasn't always intended to be a casual game console but the decisions Nintendo have made regarding it have made it a console for casual gamers. And for third party developers, any that try games which go into the style of hardcore tend to not do well (some have exceptions but 9/10 tend to do fairly bad).

    Anyway this thread is actually about Monster hunter Portable 3rd HD so I'm going to stop posting about other games in the series, just trying help people to learn a bit more about the series and to clarify any misunderstandings.

  16. #16
    Abracadaver ;[
    kelhtuhzaad's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    al campo santo x_x
    Posts
    149
    Reputation
    9

    sorry guys, maybe I misunderstood,or you are really telling me that i have to buy a import copy because it is difficult to localize it in EU/US???
    this really hurt my poor heart

    Toggle Spoiler


    Necromancer's holidays


  17. #17
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    205

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    You people seem to think just because it is popular in Japan that it will be popular here. I hear this debate all the time at places like EB where the gamers are mad that these games don't come over from Japan. The sad truth is they don't sell here.

    6 months after Monster Hunter Tri came out I could buy it at Walmart for 9.99 because it just didn't sell. Here are the sale numbers for Monster Hunter Tri and then tell me "Sony Hates Money"

    Monster Hunter 3 - The Monster Hunter Wiki - Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter 3, and more

    Under 700 000 sold between Us and Europe is not worth the localization. Just because you want it, doesn't mean the majority of people want it.
    The PSp versions do selll very well elsewhere.. and could imagine it would on PS3 all the same especilaly since it was talked about for long ass time, and then BAM, they didn't. They could even do like Tecmo-Koei did with Warriors series, it doesn't sell as well.. so just translated menus, left voice acting and slapped onto the PSN. That's all they have to do with MH really. Give trophies, but that's the issue. Sony wants it to have trophies while Capcom doesn't. Not really a money thing, just what PS360 said and I said pretty much..more just saying rather than why they don't. Otherwise, they wouldn't keep making the games and bringing here. They are planning on doing MH Portable 3rd here on PSP, but this is for the HD remake on PS3 that is out in Japan and issues between sony and trophies AND capcom are what is the hold up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    That is only for monster hunter tri which was on the Wii which a lot of the older fans don't think it suits, like me (Why put a game which is popular for graphics and a game style rewarding hardcore gamers on a the console with the worst graphics and aimed at the casual market.)
    Also for third party titles on the Wii 700000 is really good (very few titles on the Wii that aren't Nintendo made get 500000)

    As for the price in US, US doesn't sell as well as EU. In fact if you get tri in UK new it is still around 25, 15 used.

    Also MHFU has sold much better out of JP. It has sold 1.21 million out of Japan
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - VGChartz
    Plus if you look at the sales figures for the past 3 weeks on the psp (I couldn't find any before then) Monter hunter freedom unite was second last week and the 2 weeks prior it was first.
    And this is on console which has been hacked to pieces, so sales are heavily affected.

    But yes Sony does hate monster hunter, even though it does actually sell well out of Japan, just not as well as Japan.

    Also if you look at fans of the series (mostly people who bothered to put more that 200 hours into the game) All of them are so focused on the game and keep coming back to what we have, The fan base out of Japan may be small for the series but it grows every day and they are all very loyal
    Exactly! Very dissappointed with the Wii decision AND the game overall. Too much changed and took alot away from what made MH what it was. Thanks for post here .

    Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    The Wii is not intentionally a casual gamer console. It is up to the developers to make a non-casual game on the system. There are no restrictions preventing such a thing, the Wii Classic Controller is available if you want a non-motion controller game. But hey, it is totally the console manufacturer's fault when they try to push the boundaries of what gaming is about and allow you greater control and interaction with a game other than pushing buttons.

    As well, if you and the other fans were as loyal as you say you are, then the console it is on would not matter. I own more than six Resident Evil games, on a total of six different consoles. I go where the game is, I don't expect the game to come to me.
    Wasn't really about the console itself.. And I will not buy a new system for a game. Not at least for one game. . that's dumb. You put it on all or the system the series has been on. Don't just tell everyone, IT WILL BE PS3 and then decide, nah we're scrapping and making new shitty game. And as for you loyalty, my lady friend has a Wii and loves MH too.. so ofcourse I bought it on it. And I hated it, she still likes it, but PSP version is superior and much more fun .

    Quote Originally Posted by kelhtuhzaad View Post
    sorry guys, maybe I misunderstood,or you are really telling me that i have to buy a import copy because it is difficult to localize it in EU/US???
    this really hurt my poor heart
    Pretty much.. if you really want it, you'll have to import it. Also import has no trophies if that affects decision as does gamers now adays. I crack out PSP MH UNITE all time even though done everything nearly in it.. my friends and I game all night at times wiht it. Just htat much fun. I have more tim einto MH, than I do.. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls combined. Over 3,000+hours in all games as a whole.

    Issues here is like I stated in beginning of post. it's an issue with Capcom and Sony agreeing on US localization with trophies. Pretty much what boils down to.. but also, Capcom's indecisiveness too translate into English for the game, though they mostly have anyways with PSP versions. Just use one of them and bam, you're nearly done.

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO