Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lasombra Files: Episode 2: Vive le France!

This is a discussion on Lasombra Files: Episode 2: Vive le France! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Welcome to the latest episode of the Lasombra Files: Vive le France! Strap yourself down and get ready for an ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Lasombra Files: Episode 2: Vive le France!

Welcome to the latest episode of the Lasombra Files: Vive le France! Strap yourself down and get ready for an airplane ride to Paris as we head into the gaming realm of one of the sites French hunters. Although an unknown on the site with few posts and reputation, his trophy haul defines him as a shooter expert with platinums in Borderlands, Killzone and the very rare Wolfenstein.
    Be careful! Der Fuhrer ist wutend!
    Also boasting the rare SSX platinum, the 31 platinums to his name are not made up of Hannah Montana’s and NCIS’s. His skills are real. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewee with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

Name: DjusPS

Lasombra: When did you start gaming?

Djus: I started gaming when I was 6 or 7. I had the NES for Christmas. Since then, I played on different supports as the Megadrive (Sega Genesis), N64, Playstation 2 and finally Playstation 3.

Lasombra: How did you choose your PSN name?

Djus: My first name is Julien. A couple of my friends started to call me Jus to make my name shorter and I added a Djus at it was how it sounded (you can pronounce it as the word juice). That nickname was not available when I registered on the PSN in 2009, so I decided to come up with DjusPS, PS standing obviously for PlayStation.

Lasombra: Are you a trophy hunter, platinum hunter, or a specific hunter? (Example: All GoW games hunter)

Djus: I am definitely a platinum hunter; I don’t bother to buy any DLC unless it's SSX :-) For me, platinum means that I have played the game on all many possible ways and that's why I feel the platinum is a synonym of 100% completion.

Lasombra: How many hours do you dedicate to trophy hunting?

Djus: When I was single, I played for 20-30 hours a week. Now that I am engaged, I tend to play less than 10 hours a week. Having a girlfriend makes me hunting for other accomplishments ;-)

Lasombra: What motivates you to go for that next trophy? How do you stay motivated after a long gaming session, particularly with grinding trophies?

Djus: I often say to myself to keep me motivated that as soon as I finish that next trophy, the platinum won’t be far and I will be able to load up another good game!

Lasombra: Have you ever gone through any burnout from your sessions?

Djus: I only felt frustrated for the fire controller trophy in MoH but that's it. No burnout as I often do pauses and I like to complete what I am currently doing before leaving.

Lasombra: What is your proudest platinum and why? Was it your hardest?

Djus: The platinum I am the most proud of is SSX. It was the game I was so looking forward to since I bought the PS3 and it was definitely not hard. A shame it was not very hard though to me because I know I found less interest to play the game as no trophy would pop anymore, and there could have been more trophies to put in the game

Lasombra: Do you have a trophy goal for the year? If so, how far are you along in it?

Djus: I don’t have any goal, besides getting the platinum of the games that I own: GT5, Eyepet, FFXIII and Uncharted 3

Lasombra: Do you believe gamers should be allowed to make trophy hunting teams? Why or why not?

Djus: I don’t really see the point to be in a team as gaming is for me a single player enjoyment.
    I hate online trophies for this reason.

Lasombra: Do you think Sony should create a world database with every user’s PSN trophy info? Why or why not?

Djus: I have an interest for such a database only with my real life friends. However I like to check up from time to time the trophy levels of hardcore gamers, and I think that this site fulfills it completely.

Lasombra: Is it hard to find games in French, or do they all come in French?

Djus: They unfortunately all come in French. I can still switch to English, but then the settings screens would also be in English, which can be a pain sometime for non native English speaker.
    What I would like to do is to have the voice acting in English and the rest in French, but beside FFXIII, no other game offer to do so.

Lasombra: Do you have aspirations to be the #1 ranked trophy hunter in France, or even Europe?

Djus: I know I am not the #1 trophy hunter in France, but I like to think of myself as a good gamer anyway. My real life friends often congratulate me for the trophy level and the platinums I own, and that's satisfying enough.

Lasombra: Have you ever competed in a trophy hunting competition? If yes, how well did you do in it?

Djus: For me trophies are a level to show how and what you accomplish in a game. In such I don’t compete with others but I share the joy of accomplishing them.

I’d like to thank Djus for his time to sit down and give us his thoughts, especially since English is not his first language. That is all the time we have this week on the Lasombra Files. Join us next week for Episode 3: A Long Lonely Road.

Love it, Hate it, write in the comments below and be heard by the community.

Missed an episode? Check out the Back Issues. No monthly subscription fee either!

Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter
    @LasombraFiles
    Last edited by Lasombra; 10-08-2012 at 08:09 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

O_o

I find these pretty neat, shoud've signed up when I had the chance.

Nope, nothing

Another good interview Lasombra

Although you're not what would be considered an "active" member Jus, you definitely have some good platinums nice one.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Well done again.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I very much enjoyed the read. Djus, you're an inspiring fella! *heads to hunt for more trophies*

Synthwave <3

Another great interview! I really enjoyed this question:

Djus: When I was single, I played for 20-30 hours a week. Now that I am engaged, I tend to play less than 10 hours a week. Having a girlfriend makes me hunting for other accomplishments ;-)
    Question for DjusPS ... is your girlfriend into gaming?

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Question for DjusPS ... is your girlfriend into gaming?
    IF not, you better convert her! Cause I sure did for my girl. Gotta recruit some women around here. She loves Sims, LBP & sometimes tries the manly games like Bad Company 2 (etc).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    IF not, you better convert her! Cause I sure did for my girl. Gotta recruit some women around here. She loves Sims, LBP & sometimes tries the manly games like Bad Company 2 (etc).
    That's cool to hear, Chaotic! My husband got me into gaming too. I used to enjoy it when I was a kid, but definitely enjoy the PS3 so much more. I never thought I'd like some of the games I've played and getting trophies makes it even more fun.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

A plat a month!

Another awesome interview!!!

Galaxy beauty pirate

Good job on the interview! The intro (and outro) always make me curious who the interviewed one will be so I have to check.

It would be pretty cool if you'd get your girlfriend into gaming. Gaming together can be pretty fun, but don't do it like this:

In2
    January MOTM

Great job once again for the interview.

By the way, it should be "La France" and not Le.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Good job on the interview and an interesting read as ever.Nice work man,i look forward to #3

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Platinum Procrastinator

Another great interview. I like the choice of questions and the answers to them. Hopefully DjusPS now becomes more active on here.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

These are awesome! I like getting to know people around here.

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

The One and Only

Nice interview! It's good to learn a bit about a member of this site who isn't quite that active, and even better to read about gamers from different regions of the world.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Since Aug. 09

very nice, keep it up bud.

Dominate!

Mr. 70 Plats

This is such a good interview!!! Keep up the good work dude!!

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Good job on the interview! The intro (and outro) always make me curious who the interviewed one will be so I have to check.

It would be pretty cool if you'd get your girlfriend into gaming. Gaming together can be pretty fun, but don't do it like this:
    Thanks for the props on the intro/outros. It gives me a chance to give the interview a bit of creative flair. Also thanks for the props from everyone.
    Please give Djus some rep points, and also DaRe too from last week, if you already haven't. The interviews are only as good as the words they write.
    Time to start bets on who next weeks interviewee is...hmmmmm...

Edit: Thanks In2, shows how much I remember from 6 years of French lessons in school. LOL
    Last edited by Lasombra; 05-08-2012 at 06:48 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm really liking the questions you're asking Lasombra. Nice job to both you, DjusPS and Dare from the last interview.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nice of Lasombra to do such a good job and ask incentive questions.

To be honnest, my girlfriend like to play video games, but only if we do it together. That's why she bought Singstar ! We spend some quality time plaing it once in a week and it's really fun as she sings way better than me, but I try to do my best.
    For those who wants to see what it's like, I putted a couple of media on the singstar.com under my PSN name...

I hope you guys had a good read and I'll try to be more active on here (and do not hesitate to correct my approximate english) !

Looking forward to read the next interview too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast