Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rumor: dead space 3 has co-op

This is a discussion on Rumor: dead space 3 has co-op within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Dead Space 3 Allegedly Features Co-op - IGN Dead Space 3 will have drop-in, drop-out co-op, according to an IGN ...

INTJ

Rumor: dead space 3 has co-op

Dead Space 3 Allegedly Features Co-op - IGN

Dead Space 3 will have drop-in, drop-out co-op, according to an IGN source's report. Isaac Clarke will, if players choose, fight alongside a man with a gnarly scar on his face, an engineering RIG of his own, and glowing red eyes peering from his helmet. During single-player, this character acts as Isaac’s guide. Sounds like he’ll need one: IGN’s source detailed a desolate snow planet that sounds an awful lot like the rumored Tau Volantis, with events happening around an unidentified facility.

If this rumored information rings true, Dead Space 3 will also feature significant gameplay changes, new enemy types, and a revamped weapon system.

Cooperative Multiplayer

The cooperative mode mirrors the single-player campaign, but Isaac's story changes to accommodate it. At one point in Dead Space 3, Isaac and his counterpart stumble, wounded, bloody, and missing chunks of armor, out of burnt wreckage together. In single-player, the same scene happens without the other character. While Isaac may have a psychological breakdown and experience hallucinations on his own, certain traumatic events don't occur with someone by his side.

Players will also work together (using telekinesis, for instance) to interact with pieces of the environment. In addition, you'll be able to share ammo with and heal your co-op partner, although there is no revive system -- once someone's down and dead, both players reload the last checkpoint.

Weapons and the Bench

Alternate-fire in Dead Space 3 functions much differently than before, possibly because the workbench, where players previously upgraded weapon power, reload speed, and capacity, has changed. The Plasma Cutter, whose default horizontal shot changed to vertical, is an entirely different weapon now. Its alt-fire mode now has a similar knockback effect to the Force Gun. The Pulse Rifle features the saw-blades as a secondary firing mode. It's possible this is the default loadout for the weapon, but it could also point to customization weapon combinations within the new workbench.

Isaac Clarke

Isaac's armor in Dead Space 3 reflects the slender, angular design of his Dead Space 2 RIG, which is reflected in his co-op partner as well. Crouching is one of Isaac's most notable new abilities, and it functions as his means of cover as he hides behind small objects. The left/right evasive roll is unquestionably the most significant change we know of in his new skill set. It appears Isaac is more nimble out in the cold.

Telekinesis functions in a more complex manner, as you'll be capable of rotating items rather than just holding them, which plays into Dead Space 3's puzzles.

Clarke is, of course, still struggling with his psyche, and experiences hallucinations of monsters.

Enemies

Although Isaac encounters taller versions of Dead Space 2's childlike "Pack" enemies or a set of legs with tentacles in place of its torso, Necromorphs aren't the only enemy Isaac fights on the ice world. For the first time in the franchise, he'll fight human beings. Heavily armored soldiers pack guns and grenades to use against you. Of course, these guys become Necromorphs as well.

As he makes his way through open, icy areas, steel walls sometimes form around Isaac, and enemies attack from various angles. A spinning drill, like a lethal top, may also make its way onto the playing field, slicing players to pieces if they come in contact with the always-moving object.

One of the more spectacular encounters features Isaac shooting a spider-like creature in its orange-tinted weak spot, as well as shooting arms and protruding sacs. This big thing will eat Isaac whole if he gets too close, so he's forced to run around the arena and attack from a distance. It may also make multiple appearances -- it disappears into a cavern once it's taken enough of a beating.

Skyscraper-sized enemies may also come into play. During one scene, Isaac observes a massive worm-like beast bursting from the ice beneath a cliff.

Dead Space 3 will have drop-in, drop-out co-op,

drop-in, drop-out co-op,

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

they can add whatever they want as long as my trophies arent attached to the mp then im fine.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

No online trophies.
    No online at all (I'm talking TDM,DM modes). Co-op campaign is fine.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

дурак

Oh, a game published by EA has multiplayer? And this is shocking how? The way I look at it, as long no trophies are for Co-Op, who cares? If you don't like it, don't play it. That's how it was with Dead Space 2's MP, so why should it change now all of the sudden?

I've made peace with Bioshock 2's MP (besides the fact that I need to play it for trophies), but if no trophies were hooked onto it, I would ever play it and just enjoy the single player.

Unfortunately the future will be riddled with games that have MP, and I don't think anyone can do anything to stop it. Not like anything has worked for us anyhow.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Needz Trophy Card

just give me another hard method to earn the plat so i can watch davey bitch and moan about those screaming bomb dudes and also stop 90% of people earning the plat
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

O_o

Yeah, lets jam more players into a game, that's how you know it's good.

Rainbow in the dark

terrible horrible news, they should stop making single player only games into multiplayers or co-op whatever, it loses its charm otherwise
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Bringing the PAIN

FACT: Rumors are stupid as fuck and should be treated as such until an announcement is made...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Sinner and Saint

This makes me a sad panda....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hopefully dere will be lobsters in dis game.

PRO Member

co op story mode could be fun and could show resident evil how to do it right.

Lvl 8 - Gold

I don't mind co-op as long as it isn't forced. And taking cover? So DS3 will be a shooter? Leave that out of the game, please.

The Bushiest Pig

I would like co-op .... but drop in and drop out

Looks like if this is true we will be needing to find good co-op partners.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    they can add whatever they want as long as my trophies arent attached to the mp then im fine.
    Highly agree ^^

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Legendary...Nuff Said

If this is true, then this is horrible news. Basically, what they're telling me is that EA is making Visceral leave its roots with the series. Introducing co-op makes the game easier, makes the game less scary. Introducing humans as enemies makes the game less scary. Introducing a less linear and more open planet makes the game less scary (unless they can pull of an Aliens). And WTF is this with the Plasma Cutter's new alt fire? The best part of the weapon was its versatility in cutting off limbs, and now they're taking it away?

Dear god, let's hope this is only a rumor.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

An old-fashioned cowboy

As long as the story doesn't suffer and there's no MP trophies then I'm good.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    As long as the story doesn't suffer and there's no MP trophies then I'm good.
    I second this comment because the MP was ass in Dead Space 2

Game on....

Im playing DS extraction now and even though its nowhere near as good as DS2. It reminds me just how good the dead space series is and how it has taken the survival horror crown away from resident evil and quite rightly so. They better not fuck up DS3 because i will be seriously pissed!

Kid, not loser

I never saw the series really scary, at all. I always saw it as survival action titles. Them introducing more mp to it makes me happier to know I can play it longer. I want more action cause I loved the action throughout the entire series. Sure them making it scary would be nice. BUT FIRST they need to ACTUALLY MAKE IT SCARY. Because the first 3 were not scary imo.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

What the fuck is wrong with people? The rumor suggests ruining the whole atmosphere of the game by adding human enemies, and you moan about co-op instead?

0mg I h8 EA!!11!21!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast