Kevin Pereira Leaving ‘Attack of the Show’ and G4

This is a discussion on Kevin Pereira Leaving ‘Attack of the Show’ and G4 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; In another major blow to the network that enveloped TechTV, Kevin Pereira has announced that he will be leaving Attack ...

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Kevin Pereira Leaving ‘Attack of the Show’ and G4

In another major blow to the network that enveloped TechTV, Kevin Pereira has announced that he will be leaving Attack of the Show and its network, G4TV, after E3 concludes in June.

This news comes shortly after the departure of Adam Sessler, the co-host of X-Play, and one of the original members of the TechTV team long before its merger with G4. Although the network has gone through countless revisions over the past several years, G4 remains one of the only channels with any real focus on the video game world.

Attack of the Show
    is all about pop culture, but video games are a common topic, and Kevin Pereira has been a huge advocate of the gaming side of the station since his early days at the G4. For those who never watched G4 prior to the merger, video games were once the primary focus. A majority of its schedule was dedicated to shows with hosts discussing games, playing games, reviewing games, and generally obsessing over video games. Pereira worked his way up quickly, eventually hosting both the weekly video game news show, Pulse, and the competitive gaming show, Arena.

According to the story at G4TV.com, the channel will be celebrating Kevin’s long career with a month dedicated to looking back at his time with the network. His last day on Attack of the Show will be May 31st, but he plans to stick around for E3 coverage from June 4 – 7. While he’s been mostly tight-lipped, Pereira did give a little hint as to where he’s headed next – i.e. creating more “television shows, interactive applications and live experiences.”

“I plan to turn my attention to full-time with my production company Super Creative and live touring nerd-carnival leetUP.”

Adam Sessler was a staple of TechTV, and over the years has become one of the most respected games journalists in the business. Similarly, Kevin Pereira has remained one of the most recognizable faces on G4 for ten years, through the good times and the bad. It is a shame to see him go, but we cannot wait to see where he ends up next.
    Sorry but i just don't know who to really blame all these changes? The Person or the Network? I have to at least applaud for his except career on the Attack Of the Show and wish him a fruitful future for him. NOW WHO GOING TO REPLACE HIM?!

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Lvl 10 - Platinum

you cant replace good old perverted k per, candace cant handle the show by herself

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was never a huge fan of Kevin, but it still really bums me out to see G4 continue to fall apart. I can't imagine Attack of the Show lasting much longer without its anchor, and with Adam Sessler gone, how long before Morgan Webb jumps ship too?

But hey, even if both AOTS and Xplay get canned, at least they can fill the timeslots with more reruns of Cheaters, Cops and Campus PD.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The show will shut down, Candice and Sara are morons. They look cute and all, but how much cheerleading can you really watch them do?

Buy my book, Alteration

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Np, that :-)

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/