Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help me decide

This is a discussion on Help me decide within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm stuck. I only have 1 game, Uncharted 3. I have no idea what to get next. I figure I'm ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Help me decide

I'm stuck.

I only have 1 game, Uncharted 3.

I have no idea what to get next. I figure I'm gonna get one of the following:
    Batman Arkham City
    Skyrim
    Assassin's Creed 2
    OR
    Red Dead Redemption

Please help me decide.

Awesome sig and avy by JakeSS14

Plats-O'-War!!

Wow, all of those are great choices. Here's what I think:

If you want a easy , the go with Assassins Creed 2

If you want to enjoy kicking ass all over town, then go with Arkham City

If you want to feel like a badass sherif, then go with Red Dead Redemption

If you want to lose your life, soul, and time, then play Skyrim (A LOT to do in that game. Will keep you busy for hours and days on end)

Hoped I helped

Sinner and Saint

Those are all great games.Well....cept for Batman...I know I have to be the only person here who just couldn't really get into it..

I'd say Skyrim but you could probably get Red Dead AND AC2 for the price of it.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

go for ac2. really good game and will prep you for ac3

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'd say Assassin's Creed II and Skyrim would be my recommendations.

ACII is, in my mind, one the best games made within the past five years. The story is extremely well told, with phenomenal character development and a kickass revenge story. Then you've got some awesome gameplay that melds seamlessly into the amazing open-world environment of Italy, which is easily one of the best settings for an open world environment. I loved every second of the game, and the collectibles and trophies will keep you coming back for more. For the $20, you're probably getting around 40-50 hours of content. Money well spent.

On the other hand, for $60, you'll be getting 1,000,000,000+ hours of content with Skyrim. Technically, you will never run out of things to do in that game because of the radient AI. The gameplay is awesome, the RPG elements stellar, and it's a game that is so utterly engrossing that it can make 6 hours go by within the blink of an eye. A MUST OWN for every console owner.

Batman Arkham City is also a decent game, but I personally didn't enjoy it THAT much. I beat the game in about a day, which is a pretty big waste of money. The story was pretty great, the gameplay fun (if not a little frustrating with the open-world environment and shitty map), but despite the amount of collectibles and side missions the game had to offer, I just couldn't bring myself to come back to Arkham City. It just wasn't that high quality in my opinion, though I'm sure you'd still enjoy it.

RDR, I haven't played myself, so I can't really tell you about it. From what I've seen and heard, it's one of the best sandbox games ever made, though it failed to excite me enough to purchase it myself.

In conclusion: ACII and Skyrim would be my recommendations.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

All great games i personally have all 5 lol cant go wrong with 1 of these 5 ^^

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Notorious K.I.D.

You could prob get AC2 and RDR for the same price as Skyrim. Skyrim will hold your attention longer than both of those games combined. Batman will still cost close to 50-60 bucks and its the shortest game of the whole group. If you were looking to play only 1 more game, go for Skyrim. If you want to play multiple games, I'd go with AC2 and RDR. I wouldn't waste the amount of money they still want for Batman. It's good but not that good.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Red Dead Redemption.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    You could prob get AC2 and RDR for the same price as Skyrim. Skyrim will hold your attention longer than both of those games combined. Batman will still cost close to 50-60 bucks and its the shortest game of the whole group. If you were looking to play only 1 more game, go for Skyrim. If you want to play multiple games, I'd go with AC2 and RDR. I wouldn't waste the amount of money they still want for Batman. It's good but not that good.
    Batman AC is alot longer than Assassins Creed 2. Anyways I would go with Skyrim just because I have yet to play it and it looks amazing!

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Red Dead Redemption for sure.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Batman AC is alot longer than Assassins Creed 2. Anyways I would go with Skyrim just because I have yet to play it and it looks amazing!
    Arkham City's storyline could be beaten within about 8 hours, whereas ACII's takes about 20 hours or so. If you want to add on side missions and collectibles, ACII still has you beat in terms of time consumption. Side missions are more plentiful in ACII by a landslide, and even though Arkham City has about 200 more collectibles than ACII does, you'll be finding a Riddler trophy on every street corner. In ACII, finding the feathers and glyphs was damn time consuming.

So, no, ACII lasts much longer Arkham City.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Arkham City's storyline could be beaten within about 8 hours, whereas ACII's takes about 20 hours or so. If you want to add on side missions and collectibles, ACII still has you beat in terms of time consumption. Side missions are more plentiful in ACII by a landslide, and even though Arkham City has about 200 more collectibles than ACII does, you'll be finding a Riddler trophy on every street corner. In ACII, finding the feathers and glyphs was damn time consuming.

Well seeing how he only has one game.. I don't think he's want to be grinding for a plat. :/
    It's just a flesh wound.

Death is Awaiting....

I would go for Skyrim and Batman, but that's just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Now this is Podracing

All of them, eventually if you can.

AS said above Skyrim will keep you entertained for hours, and then even after getting all the trophies there is still loads to do.
    However Skyrim is still fairly high priced and you could probably get RDR and AC2 for the same price as it.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post

20 hours :stare:, I beat ACII, collected all feathers, climbed all viewpoints, and got all the equipment in 13 hours and 27 minutes(according to my savedata) To 100% synchronize in ACII might take 20 hours but if were going to go there than 100% Batman Arkham City can take anyone 30-50 hours(Depending on skill).

Lvl 9 - Gold

All of those games are good. It would help if you would at least list your likes and dislikes. For example Red Dead Redemption has an awesome story and gameplay but it does get a bit repetitive. You travel to some place, shoot some guys, mission done.

On the other hand, Skyrim is awesome but I dunno if you are into RPGs. You will play endless hours on this game and it is really fun.

Batman Arkham City has great gameplay and story. It really is an awesome game. It isn't all that repetitive either.

As someone already mentioned, you can get RDR and ACII for around.. what.. 40-50 dollars?
    Platbar by Wadefan1

An old-fashioned cowboy

Honestly they're all great games. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Red Dead Redemption - Interesting game set in the old West. Has a SP & MP so if you get bored with the SP you can always jump online.

Batman Arkham City - The only way you can truly enjoy this game to the max if you're a fan of the Batman comics or cartoons. That been said you're better off waiting for the GOTY to be released before buying it.

Assassin's Creed II - Probably the cheapest of all the games and an easy plat. But be warned though the gameplay can get repetitive so if you don't find the story interesting you might get bored.

Skyrim - With the amount of content you get you can't go wrong with this game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Durr... Still hard to decide.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post
    Durr... Still hard to decide.
    I can make it alittle easier, have you beaten Batman Arkham Asylum?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    I can make it alittle easier, have you beaten Batman Arkham Asylum?
    Nah mate. Played it at a friends house for a bit, it was fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast