Should I feel bad about this?

This is a discussion on Should I feel bad about this? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok so this is something that bugs me on and off in that I was looking through some of the ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Should I feel bad about this?

Ok so this is something that bugs me on and off in that I was looking through some of the trophies I got for games a while ago and looked at Midnight Club: Los Angeles and I have all 10 South Central DLC trophies back in 2009. The thing is I gameshared the dlc with one of my friends at school but I thought gamesharing was an ok thing to do at the time because I didn't think the terms were very clear. I am a person that makes sure everything I do is legit and with absolutely no cheating like I don't ever cheat trophies yet I have felt kinda bad about having the 10 south central trophies when I gameshared it. Although all 10 of the trophies have been earned legitimately.

PRO Member

You certainly shouldn't feel bad about the trophies since you got those legit. I also wouldn't feel too guilty over a one-time thing like gamesharing. Did you put your account on his PS3 and let him dl the dlc, or did you give him your user info? If it was the first, then I think it's fairly legit.

Lvl 9 - Gold

So basically you feel bad for gamesharing? Well I gameshare with friends all the time. I just believe it's wrong to gameshare with people you don't know. They might get your info and whatnot. IMO
    Platbar by Wadefan1

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    So basically you feel bad for gamesharing? Well I gameshare with friends all the time. I just believe it's wrong to gameshare with people you don't know. They might get your info and whatnot. IMO
    It's even risky to game share with "friends". I've had some fuckhead friends before, so I'd only do it if they've been my friend for a very long time.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    It's even risky to game share with "friends". I've had some fuckhead friends before, so I'd only do it if they've been my friend for a very long time.
    Then I guess they don't deserve to be called "friends". My friends that play PS3 are awesome and wouldn't do anything bad
    Platbar by Wadefan1

The One and Only

Meh, you still technically earned the trophies legit, just not the actual DLC itself. I wouldn't feel bad about it if I were in your shoes, at least not after a while. Just remember that there are desperate people out there who hacks trophies and don't earn trophies legit, it might make you feel a little better about the situation.

I felt similar to that when I used a glitch to earn a couple trophies on Jak 2 and 3, so I have a good idea about what that feels like.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 9 - Gold

I didn't give any of my details but he kindly lent me his to get Midnight Club L.A dlc and he really wanted me to play WaW zombie map pack with him that I didn't have so got that too. But this was right back in 2009 when I was still at school and at the time I didn't think anything of it but I finally started to think about the trophies I earned from it but like I said I earned the trophies legitimately just not the DLC itself. Thanks for reassuring me guys that I shouldn't feel bad since the trophies were fair.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I didn't give any of my details but he kindly lent me his to get Midnight Club L.A dlc and he really wanted me to play WaW zombie map pack with him that I didn't have so got that too. But this was right back in 2009 when I was still at school and at the time I didn't think anything of it but I finally started to think about the trophies I earned from it but like I said I earned the trophies legitimately just not the DLC itself. Thanks for reassuring me guys that I shouldn't feel bad since the trophies were fair.
    It's been like 3 years, dude. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got a few games via gamesharing, got trophies legit, I don't feel bad whatsoever. It'd be like if you friend lent you a physical game and got trophies on it. You didn't buy the game, but you got the trophies legit. So, no worries.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    It's been like 3 years, dude. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I got a few games via gamesharing, got trophies legit, I don't feel bad whatsoever. It'd be like if you friend lent you a physical game and got trophies on it. You didn't buy the game, but you got the trophies legit. So, no worries.
    Yeah I think I have some sort of obsession with it and everything has to be fair, I just needed some reassurance (I know its stupid)... but I completely agree that it's just like borrowing a physical game.

Legalize it...

IMO game sharing with someone you actually know in real life is just like borrowing a game from them...

The Stereotype Killer

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    IMO game sharing with someone you actually know in real life is just like borrowing a game from them...
    I agree with that completely.
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Legendary...Nuff Said

I think if you're already feeling bad about yourself for partaking in gamesharing, then you've earned to go easy on yourself with the situation.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

MK Plat = Overrated

Game-Sharing is no different than you borrowing a retail/disk game from your friend. Would you feel bad if you got a plat from a game that you physically borrowed? Probably not. Just because Sony doesn't want you to do doesn't make it morally wrong. You're fine. Sony is just greedy like every other company that is too big to see their customers anymore.

Lvl 5 - Silver

It reminds me of a guy in Borderlands bugging me off, about giving him my acc and let him download the DLC packs, and I didnt even knew the guy ! Just dont gameshare with anybody who isnt someone you know, just dont. :stare:

PD: Dont feel bad about that, and dont do gameshare with people you dont know.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

iwasbornintheusa

I only gameshare with friends IRL (Don't so it anymore) so I can fuck them up if they try to mess with my account

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As long as you got them legit then I don't really see a reason to feel bad. Although it all depends on what the gameshark did to affect the other racers..... hmmmmm