Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Free Trophies for one hour!!!

This is a discussion on Free Trophies for one hour!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Any game with a closed server that prevented me from earning it legit. I'm looking at ...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Any game with a closed server that prevented me from earning it legit. I'm looking at you EA Sports
    exactly what i was thinking

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would rather earn all my trophies, otherwise it doesn't seem right. Every noob would put every game they have into there console and devalue something that every other gamer had to earn, free trophies are a bad idea, count me out

Regional Manager of War

+ =

Lvl 5 - Silver

Every game that I find that I can never go back and play such as Tom Clancy End War FAr CRy 2 whichever game is pretty much incomplete on my trophy list!

Indie Game Developer

Pain and Marvel vs Capcom 2. The two games on my list that never should have been there in the first place. And then, if we ever got the ability to do so I would just delete them completely off my list. It's not about the free trophies, but more of me not wanting to look at ugly completion numbers.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    This is a fun little idea that popped in my head today and I thought you guys might wanna get in on this discussion with me. Let's say Sony sent you a message stating,

"All Trophies will be unlocked for any game you put into the PS3 for one hour.....starting now."

What games would you pop in? Would you run out and grab games? What do yo do?

Clock's tickin........
    hmm interesting. I would pop in all the games that were unattainable. I have thought about finding games that i could just bypass trophies on, although i feel happy when i obtain my own trophies, so i am on the fence as to if i would cheat my way to some trophies.

The games i really hate right now are sports types (i rather actually go out and play sports). I can say at first i would rush to get those sports trophies, but if it lables me as a hacker, i would think twice before doing any action

Lvl 2 - Bronze

There would be no point in life if this would happen -_-

Lvl 2 - Bronze

PEOPLE this is a hypothetical "what if." It's just like the "if you won a million dollars what would you do with it" situation. It'll never happen, so have some fun with it. I never realized sooo many people are sooo prone to take the high road for an electronic accolade image that basically will amount to completely nothing! Us gamers and our obvious priorities! ANYWAYS, moving on...

Let's see here...

I'd pop in Crysis 2 because I'm damned tired of playing the mp (seriously 1.6 million xp? - eff you developers)

I'd pop in GTA4 because I'm level 4 so I basically need 9.99 million dollars (xp) to get to level 10. Eff you developers.

Ohhhh yes. The infamous Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and the combo trophies. Fuck you developers. No seriously, fuck you. That's just mean.

Ohhh the plat that gives hard plats a bitchslap, Ninja Gaiden 2. To hell with this entire game. I wish I had never bought this mother ****er. It'll be the infamous stain on my trophy list (you know like that one night stand stain that you just can't get out of your sheets or head for that matter )

And last but not least. Shadow of the Colussus. Fuck you #15 and super duper quadriple fuck you #3. Even Buddha would rage destroy his PS3 over that game.

Ohhh and let's be honest guys, I mean boosting OBVIOUSLY isn't cheating, am I right? I mean seriously, you stand there while I kill you and we'll talk about earned. Funny thing is, these days there's: legit earned, boosted earned, and just plain ol' hacked.
    Last edited by Nightwolfe; 05-12-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I would only do this under the circumstance that the game's servers were closed or if the trophy was glitched with no way to get it. I hate being cheated out of a trophy so this would just be my way of getting even

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

The Girl Gamer

I wouldn't play at all for that 1 hour. I like to earn my trophies. Not get them free. Unless I have a game that I couldn't get platinum on due to their online servers being closed, then I would want free trophies for that game.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolfe
    PEOPLE this is a hypothetical "what if." It's just like the "if you won a million dollars what would you do with it" situation. It'll never happen, so have some fun with it. I never realized sooo many people are sooo prone to take the high road for an electronic accolade image that basically will amount to completely nothing! Us gamers and our obvious priorities!
    I gotta agree with you. Mickey Fickeys talking about "It's against my PS3 morales". It is like you said, "What if". If it is free and will not landed me in jail, sign me the hell up. There certain games I got, I can't 100% them. I forgot to mention Yakuza 3 JP version. there is one mini-game I hate. Some ppl need to really stop climbing on that high horse because these trophies mean jack shit in the real world.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hmm...I'd probably get the Babel trophies from Catherine. I really like that game but that puzzle style isn't really my forte. I'm sure I'll beat it eventually but for the purposes of this thread I would pick that game.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    I gotta agree with you. Mickey Fickeys talking about "It's against my PS3 morales". It is like you said, "What if". If it is free and will not landed me in jail, sign me the hell up. There certain games I got, I can't 100% them. I forgot to mention Yakuza 3 JP version. there is one mini-game I hate. Some ppl need to really stop climbing on that high horse because these trophies mean jack shit in the real world.
    I know, right? A good chunk of trophies are not fun. Yes Rockstar I realize your mp game is sooo amazingly awesome that yes I want to do the same damn shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over YES LEVEL 50. Sure why not reboot! Hell this is so awesome let's have them reboot level 50 over NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE BUT FIVE TIMES! Spare me. Developers know that their' mp is not worth the grind up to a level 50 that's why they throw in all of these mp trophies now. They try to drag out the experience for something that isn't really there after the initial 5-10 hours. Let's be honest, some of these trophies are tied to obviously less stellar aspects of their game leaving some gamers with a preference to masturbate with sandpaper compared to grinding out the trophy requirements.

Saints Row IV

Crysis 2 cause the trophies just dont want to pop -_-
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I would only actually do this for games that I don't enjoy all that much just to get them out of the way, so basically it would be...

Castlevania Lords of Shadow
    Infamous
    Killzone 2
    Little Big Planet
    Resonance of Fate

These 5 games I just didn't enjoy so if Sony did that I would just do it on these because I doubt I'll ever be motivated to get many more trophies on these games.

Proud Greek Gamer

Play Minecraft.
    Why do I need trophies that I haven't earned myself?

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Lvl 9 - Gold

My god... so many people without the ability to answer a hypothetical. It's not about your morals. It's about, "which game would it be?".
    I personally wouldn't run out and buy anything, but I'd pop in AC:B to get those last few MP trophies that are a bitch (all bonuses, every co-op bonus in a single session, level 50) and Mass Effect 2 for the Insane playthrough trophy. That would probably be it. I don't care enough about any other incomplete game to even unlock the trophies for free. Now, if they let you delete games/trophies off your profile for one hour, now that would be interesting.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Don't agree with this, but for the case of this forum I would put in:

- GTA 4
    - Mortal Kombat
    - Gran Turismo 5
    - Sonic Unleashed
    - Sonic 4: Episode 1

Last two, so my Sonic game collection all at 100%

Sinner and Saint

I'd only pop one game in. Lost Planet 2. Because that trophy list (And requirements for some of the noms) are so damned ridiculous I would kind of have a small satisfaction in taking the bastard who thought that bs list up and giving him my own little fuck you by "earning" all those trophies in a millisecond.

Game on....

Trophies need to be earned otherwise they have no metaphorical value at all!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast