Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Free Trophies for one hour!!!

This is a discussion on Free Trophies for one hour!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by YourLovelyOtaku This looks like a fun thread. Hmm... Let me see. I'm assuming that I have enough ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YourLovelyOtaku View Post
    This looks like a fun thread. Hmm... Let me see. I'm assuming that I have enough time to get all (100%) of the trophies from any 10 games in that 1 hour. These will probably be the 10 games I would put in:

1. Warhawk (1000 hours wasted on a digital image)
    2. Mortal Kombat (360 hrs to plat??)
    3. Fear 2: Project Origin (Dead multiplayer)
    4. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Hate multiplayer)
    5. Ninja Gaiden 3 (Really glitchy game, button input lag and 10 - 15 fps (!!) on Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja)
    6. GTA IV (Insane grinding and glitched trophies)
    7. Catherine (Sounds really tough)
    8. MK vs DC Universe (Will probably plat this one eventually, but everyone knows how tough this one is)
    9. Mirror's Edge (For obvious reasons)
    10. Vanquish (For obvious reasons)

There. These are some of the most hardcore games I can think of. I tried my best to whore that list out with hard games. In fact, I would probably also put in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Skyrim as well, if there was enough time during the one hour. I actually had quite a bit of fun - thinking and choosing which games' platinum trophies (and 100% completion) I would love to be given for free.

Come on guys, lighten up, this thread is just for fun. Just a hypothetical situation. Trophies have no true value in life and how many of us will still care about trophies in 30, 20 or even 10 years from now?
    That's what I was going for here. People are getting a little uppity in this thread but it was meant to be just for fun. Anyways +rep for you sir. You have the right idea here!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Only for games that have closed servers. Ex: Almost all my FIFA games, mag, SOCOM
    Platbar by Wadefan1

Lvl 9 - Gold

Probably GTAIV for the online trophies and LittleBigPlanet for the heart and plays ones.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Gotham's Reckoning

I'd just get the online trophies whose servers have been taken down like LOTR: Conquest seeing as they are now impossible to get legit. Oh and the Gold Standard trophy in Gran Turismo 5.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolfe View Post
    PEOPLE this is a hypothetical "what if." It's just like the "if you won a million dollars what would you do with it" situation. It'll never happen, so have some fun with it. I never realized sooo many people are sooo prone to take the high road for an electronic accolade image that basically will amount to completely nothing! Us gamers and our obvious priorities! ANYWAYS, moving on...

Ohhh and let's be honest guys, I mean boosting OBVIOUSLY isn't cheating, am I right? I mean seriously, you stand there while I kill you and we'll talk about earned. Funny thing is, these days there's: legit earned, boosted earned, and just plain ol' hacked.
    Lol great to hear your opinion. Thats pretty much what that first paragraph was, your opinion on what a "gamers priority" should be. In these types of threads, i would hope people are being honest, not just making up stuff to sound good in a thread. Moving on...

I know exactly what you mean, since many people cheat their way to get online trophies. I find there is an exception though. Trophies like AC brotherhood online, for an example, is pretty much impossible legit. First there isnt enough active players, but also you need to be lucky to get opportunities to kill the enemy

Another game that has inactive online is Zumba, which i dont blame anyone. I like it playing that game, but the sheer embarassment of owning a plat for that game and everyone elses opinion of me keeps me from playing it online.

So again, there are exceptions to the "boosting is cheating" idea you was talking about.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Why the fuck would I want free trophies? I didn't earn them, it kind of defeats the purpose.
    Yes. This exactly.

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Up the Irons!

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Any game with a closed server that prevented me from earning it legit. I'm looking at you EA Sports
    This is what I was going to say. The game that comes to mind is NBA 2K11. I just needed 1 trophy for the platinum but the servers were closed last month.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Gaming since 1985!

I'd start a brand new account and see what my 50+ games all at 100% and platted (if I could get them all in an hour) would bring my level to out of curiousity

But for my main account I'd do a couple:
    Mass Effect 2- Just 1 away from plat, damn you Insanity!
    Bioshock 1&2- Hard and impossible, yup, hard and impossible for me.
    Demon's Souls- Damn 0% shit stain on my list lol

Game on....

There is no such thing as a free trophy! Now get out there and earn those trophes like a trooper!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post

I know exactly what you mean, since many people cheat their way to get online trophies. I find there is an exception though. Trophies like AC brotherhood online, for an example, is pretty much impossible legit. First there isnt enough active players, but also you need to be lucky to get opportunities to kill the enemy

Another game that has inactive online is Zumba, which i dont blame anyone. I like it playing that game, but the sheer embarassment of owning a plat for that game and everyone elses opinion of me keeps me from playing it online.
    Im actually playing AC:B atm and its still very active but will of course be boosting it for the remaining online trophies.And in relation to your Zumba game,dont let other peoples opinions affect what game you want to play in the sense that they would feel less of you because i certainly wouldnt.Hell you could have the Hannah Motanna plat and i honestly wouldnt care so do what you want man,games are for fun.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Closing this account

I think juliuspleezer should close this thread because most of y'all are acting like little babies or straight bitches. It is for fun, stop kill joying stuff for the rest of us that want to have fun. Some of y'all that are answering with petty answers, I just lost a whole lot of respect as fellow site member for you.

Hack the Planet!!

Mercs 2... I did earn the trophy but bcuz I played it b4 the trophy patch was released I cant get the trophy tattooed millionaire.

Negator

Warhawk
    WipEout HD
    Far Cry 2
    Trash Panic
    Burn Zombie Burn
    ZEN Pinball
    Numblast
    Tank Battles
    Braid

All those games have ridiculous trophy packs...and I wish I'd never played any of them.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Any game with a closed server that prevented me from earning it legit. I'm looking at you EA Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by iToxicityHD View Post
    Only if the online mode was taken offline.
    What these guys said. Or if sony said "Hey, we noticed you have some trophies for a game that has it servers taken offline. Would you like us to unlock the rest of the tropies for you?"
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

The Temple of the King

Only FF13 would interest me. I don't have the patience to get that last trophy and it pisses me off that I haven't platinumed it. It's a vicious cycle.

And maybe both SF games as well.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

also UNO top 50 leaderboard and Killzone 2 Valor Grand Cross
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Lol great to hear your opinion. Thats pretty much what that first paragraph was, your opinion on what a "gamers priority" should be. In these types of threads, i would hope people are being honest, not just making up stuff to sound good in a thread. Moving on...

So again, there are exceptions to the "boosting is cheating" idea you was talking about.
    I have atleast four people on my friend list who got AEOTM without boosting :stare: so its possible. Games like

Fear 2
    Warhawk
    Lost Planet 2
    Mercanaries 2
    GTA IV

Need to be boosted because of glitches or just dead MP

Regional Manager of War

NBA 2K10 because I had alot of fun playing the game but the plat was impossible even when the servers were up

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'd turn my PS3 off and play on Steam. Why the fuck would I want free trophies? I didn't earn them, it kind of defeats the purpose.
    I'd have to agree with this, but I would put in games that have glitched on me... specifically Black Ops and [email protected]

PRO Member

Warhawk
    lost planet 2
    Red faction guerilla
    Killzone 2
    Resistance 2
    Ac brotherhood
    Ninja gaiden sigma 2
    Vanquish
    Metal gear solid 2
    Fuck yea!

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder