Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Free Trophies for one hour!!!

This is a discussion on Free Trophies for one hour!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'd play a game I already had 100% in or that lacked trophy support. Or like someone said, I'd play ...

Kiwi Defender

I'd play a game I already had 100% in or that lacked trophy support. Or like someone said, I'd play Steam.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Child Of Edenīs Trophies are the hell..

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'd play a game I already had 100% in or that lacked trophy support. Or like someone said, I'd play Steam.
    You know you want 100% Bioshock 2

PRO Member

Any closed server game....but only the trophies that would require you to be online or whatever that are forever unobtainable. I hate that devs do this even though I know why. Anything else I could do myself as I love earning them bastards, even if they are ridiculously hard..

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Any closed server game....but only the trophies that would require you to be online or whatever that are forever unobtainable. I hate that devs do this even though I know why. Anything else I could do myself as I love earning them bastards, even if they are ridiculously hard..
    i agree. Anything you can get yourself would be done by me. Anything that requires online, or closed server would be the ones i target

Lvl 9 - Gold

id rob gamestop lol

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    id rob gamestop lol
    can we use this as evidence?

LOL so you dont have a backlog? My list is so long, i could spend 12 hours obtaining free trophies...

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    I'd turn my PS3 off and play on Steam. Why the fuck would I want free trophies? I didn't earn them, it kind of defeats the purpose.
    Pretty much this.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

I doubt I'd bother doing it either. As previously mentioned, it'd take the fun and the challenge out of actually earning trophies, which is the whole point of trophies in the first place.

But if I absolutely HAD to - I'd chuck in Twisted Metal, to get those ludicrous online trophies out of the way. And Super Street Fighter IV, so I could get those insane Challenge Trials done; no way I'll ever manage them all on my own.

But, it'll never happen, so no point worrying about it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Free trophies is kinda like the equivalent of camping on COD.....yea you got the kill but you did nothing to earn it. I love grinding it out to get these platinums because I know every gamer isnt good enough to do it.

It smells like Smoke cuz I've been through FIRE

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Why would i want free trophies it doesn't count unless you earn them yourself.
    A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kwas81 View Post
    Free trophies is kinda like the equivalent of camping on COD.....yea you got the kill but you did nothing to earn it. I love grinding it out to get these platinums because I know every gamer isnt good enough to do it.
    hmm ... i know people frown upon camping, but i disagree that "camping is the equivalent" of cheating out trophies. If i can hide and kill you, you can be salty all you want, you still lost a life.

Purger

Sign out of PSN for one hour.

Edit: Two hours just to be sure.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    hmm ... i know people frown upon camping, but i disagree that "camping is the equivalent" of cheating out trophies. If i can hide and kill you, you can be salty all you want, you still lost a life.
    Its absolutely the eqivalent because how can you justify hiding in a corner earning the kill? I run around all the time and I know my k/d would be higher than 80% of guys that camp if they did the same.....which is why they camp. So to me, yea you are cheating yourself because how will you ever know how good you are if you are cooking smores on the ground waiting for me to come near you?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would put GT5 and get the trophies to race during 24 hours Le Mans and Nuremberg.. Such boring and lame trophies which avoid me getting the platinium. I might give it a go though if I fell sick one day..

Lvl 8 - Gold

Its absolutely the eqivalent because how can you justify hiding in a corner earning the kill? I run around all the time and I know my k/d would be higher than 80% of guys that camp if they did the same.....which is why they camp. So to me, yea you are cheating yourself because how will you ever know how good you are if you are cooking smores on the ground waiting for me to come near you?
    hmm i think you have me confused with someone else. I dont camp often, as i run and gun alot. But when i do camp, its not "in a corner cooking grenades"

I am sure your talking about the people that camp in one spot and play the whole game from there, rather than a gamer that knows the perfect timing and spot to be. The player that lures you to that same spot just to kill you from behind. I am sorry if my mind games make you angry, but what i do takes skill.

I cant talk for others, but yea, if i am having an off night, i will lower my chance of getting killed by using some tactics. If you was the soldier, would you really run into oncoming fire?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

UOTE=Crealkllr;245075]hmm i think you have me confused with someone else. I dont camp often, as i run and gun alot. But when i do camp,

ts not "in a corner cooking grenades"

I am sure your talking about the people that camp in one spot and play the whole game from there, rather than a gamer that knows the perfect timing and spot to be. The player that lures you to that same spot just to kill you from behind. I am sorry if my mind games make you angry, but what i do takes skill.

I cant talk for others, but yea, if i am having an off night, i will lower my chance of getting killed by using some tactics. If you was the soldier, would you really run into oncoming fire?[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------
    You are exactly right, I am speaking of the casual ass that sits in the same spot from the beginning of the map until its over.....if that isnt you than I applaud you for doing what you have to to not get killed. But please dont throw at me the casual "if you were a soldier how would you be in war" line because I hear it as an excuse all the time for guys who suck at this game using it as a reason for why they camp....instead of just saying "hey I suck and I cant kill you so I need to hide'

Lvl 8 - Gold

----------------------------------------------------------------
    You are exactly right, I am speaking of the casual ass that sits in the same spot from the beginning of the map until its over.....if that isnt you than I applaud you for doing what you have to to not get killed. But please dont throw at me the casual "if you were a soldier how would you be in war" line because I hear it as an excuse all the time for guys who suck at this game using it as a reason for why they camp....instead of just saying "hey I suck and I cant kill you so I need to hide'
    way to avoid the question. You frown upon the way others play the game, when really there isnt a rule stating you cant use guerrilla tactics.
    Instead of complaining about their strategy because you died, maybe learn what to expect and use it to your advantage. Its gamers like you that rage quit just because your team isnt working and your running in blindly. I cannot say your that person, but from the way you speak, it sure sounds like it.

You might hear the "how would you act in a real war" alot, but i am not using it as an excuse like you normally hear people do. I am using it as a question, which you dont want to answer.

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by fupidstucker View Post
    If I for some reason I did decide to be lame, I would only do the ridiculous ones like the F.E.A.R 2 exp trophies or others like that. It's so hard and frustrating to find good help on certain games but if I cant get the trophies, its not that big a deal because its just a game.
    same here brother
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345