Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Female FPS

This is a discussion on Female FPS within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Tons of girls to choose from....

Resident PHD

Tons of girls to choose from.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Saints Row IV

I noticed only once on Unreal Tournament.It would be good if they released a free DLC with female characters for Multiplayer
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    The Operative No One Lives Forever No One Lives Forever 2 Has a female protagonist. It's a mix of FPS with some stealth. Cate Archer!
    This. NOLF games are great.

Gotham's Reckoning

There is a playable female character in the first Killzone game called Luger.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Banned

I agree with AlecD ... with mostly a white male demographic, they are going to make characters that "appeal" to that market... I know when there is a choice of characters I always pick the white dude because I'm playing as the character that would most resemble the way I look.

If I'm not mistaken Fallout allows you to make a female character.

... off hand I can think of some games that offer a choice or do not have a white-male lead, probably mostly TPS's though: Mercs 2, Deadspace 2 DLC, Saw I&II, Army of Two, Dead Island, The walking Dead...

The Stereotype Killer

While there are a few options here and there to play as a female (which is always great) honestly in FPS's it doesn't really matter to me. I mean I loved Lilith in Borderlands and it was great being a badass chick, but I would've been fine playing as Mordecai or another character.

And Dead Island offers an option of two different females to play as.

I mean there are options out there, although they won't have them for every game. It's not a huge deal to me though.

I do enjoy when you can play as a chick in third person though. Those are just a personal preference.
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Lvl 5 - Silver

Dont see why it would bother you considering you dont see your character in a FPS game. But theres Faith in Mirrors edge.

Awesome Sig by Curse

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by alexyov1 View Post
    i've notice that despite of all the bad ass female characters in gaming and bad ass female gamers out there, there's no female choice in FPS like Call of Duty, Battlefield and MAG, you can create a female character in RPG's and the closet to FPS is Borderlands with the Siren in it but... what do you think? i wouldn't mind playing as or against a bad ass female assault class...

oops, i forgot to mention online, i meant multiplayer gaming
    I had this discussion on a different forum. The main consensus is that

1. THe female hit box would be smaller, which is a advantage
    2. IF they made the female hit box the same size, it would offend girls (it would be an amazon)
    3. With tea bagging rampant, we dont want to also see taco drops.
    4 *this is a joke* The female wouldnt be able to run as fast, pick up guns, or knife as well as the male

LOL there were more reasons, but number 1 and 3 are enough for me.

Can i also mentiont he game "wet" has a female main character, and i consider that a fps. If your talking about online, doesnt Uncharted have female options? I know resident evil racoon city has female choices, and thats kind of a fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Yup, you're right, there's barely any female characters in FPS games. I don't know why there aren't, but it doesn't bother me to be honest

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Maybe Battlefield and Call of Duty or any real-life military first person shooters don't have females in them because the military doesn't put women on the front line in real life?

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'd support them making it an option to be male or female. Since the main character is usually referred to as Title Lastname or just Lastname, it could work to have a male and female model constructed and have appropriate voice actors for players to chose from. A typical FPS campaign is usually just an afterthought to FPS games like COD, so I doubt they'd put in the extra effort. Why make something unique and appealing to female gamers when you can just pump out the same garbage 10 hour campaigns and focus on multiplayer?

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12