Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What Is the Rarest Game in Your Collection...

This is a discussion on What Is the Rarest Game in Your Collection... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Either Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne or The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Limited edition. But most likely my ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Either Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne or The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Limited edition.

But most likely my older SNES and N64 games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    I couldn't find Shadows of the Damned for the life of me in Las Vegas when it came out... then i saw some not so good reviews, and sure enough... i saw it every time I went into GameStop. lol. I waited 4 months for my copy of FF8 when it came out... sadly I lost it in a move ( its amazing how neighbors offer to help, only to snoop your stuff while moving and then take it when you're not looking).
    Damn. all bad man. I understand where reviewers came from however, you must play the game for yourself if you ever get the opportunity. My only grip about Shadows is the lack of polish. Glitches here and there, slow texture loading after load screen, so on and so forth. Despite all of that, the game is an absolute treat. 7.75 - 8 in my book with 5 being average, not 7. I was lucky with my copy as it was the last one in the store. FF8 i got when it first released with my accumulated paycheck money back in high school LOL.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Aladdin for the SEGA

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm not sure of what factors in the decision of it being rare, maybe hard to obtain now a days? If so, then Super Mario I guess.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

All out of bubblegum.....

Hey Epic, is your sig a picture of one of the Suicide Girls? regardless... I like. Super Mario Bros. 1 on nintendo? I'd say if it still works without blowing in it or banging it, you win prize for most rare. lol.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I guess mine would be Halo 2 Collectors Edition, its in mint condition

Sig made by Prosthetic

Lvl 4 - Silver

I guess it would have to be a tie between Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2, and Skies of Arcadia Legends. I also used to have all 3 Shadow Hearts games, but I traded them in... Really regret that rash decision... And I guess my PS3 copy of Tales of Vesperia is rare since I live in America. (No idea if it's rare in Japan.)

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

FF12 I think. On the PS2.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Brutal Legend, Not rarest but most boring.

PRO Member

My TurboGrafx 16

Have a bunch of games, but I haven't looked at them in some time. The ones I can remember are splatterhouse, Klax or clax, ninja spirit, and exile. Not real rare but kept it from childhood
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

So I was looking up Gameboys and the original Pokemons Red, Blue, and Yellow. Gamebouys in boxes are going for $500 and the games new in box were like $300. All rightfully so I guess. You'll see these on Pawn Stars and antique shops in 50 more years for thousands

I have Kingdom Hearts 2 and Twisted Metal Black???

PRO Member

Trill Kill and Man Hunt 2 got my hands on both games before they were banned.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i think one of the rarest games i own is Tomb Raider The Last Revelation for the saga dreamcast i also have kingdom hearts 2 for the ps2

PRO Member

While I have many games considered rare (including Genso Suikoden 2 in both english and japanese), and over 1000 games across 15+ systems I would have to say my rarest game is Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, off the top of my head... would be really difficult to find which one in my vast collection is actually the "rarest" but I know last time I saw a copy of that available used (only the cart, no book, no box) it was around $150 at a local game store, and the next time I went there they had already sold it (so must have been cheap) I also own the Japanese Cart for that one too but it's titled Estapolis 2.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    Hey Epic, is your sig a picture of one of the Suicide Girls? regardless... I like. Super Mario Bros. 1 on nintendo? I'd say if it still works without blowing in it or banging it, you win prize for most rare. lol.
    Super Mario is far from rare. I remember Phelous did an episode where he had like 12 himself. I have two copies in my own collection.

Some of the games people are listing are pretty funny as well, Rare games can't be games that are just old (or in the case of some of the posters this gen) A game like Goldeneye for the N64 isn't rare because everyone owned a copy and probably still have it kicking around the house. My Earthbound for SNES with mint condition box and manual is consider rare because not that many people kept the box and even fewer kept it in good condition.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Super Mario is far from rare. I remember Phelous did an episode where he had like 12 himself. I have two copies in my own collection.

Some of the games people are listing are pretty funny as well, Rare games can't be games that are just old (or in the case of some of the posters this gen) A game like Goldeneye for the N64 isn't rare because everyone owned a copy and probably still have it kicking around the house. My Earthbound for SNES with mint condition box and manual is consider rare because not that many people kept the box and even fewer kept it in good condition.
    Would that be considered rarer than Lufia 2? as I also have Earthbound (with strat guide), Mother 3, and Mother 2, all with boxes and instruction booklets... if so then maybe my rarest title has changed, but again hard to tell especially when I have about 40 imported titles from the SNES/ superfamicom platform.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Hidefninja.com

Not sure exactly, but it's probably either Jack Bros or Waterworld, both for the Nintendo Virtual Boy.

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Mine would be old Playstation One games that I still have on disc.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Resident Evil CV (DC version)
    Hundred Swords (DC)
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (DC)
    Tomb Raider 1-5 (PSone) i dont know if anyone here still have it besides me.

Lvl 4 - Silver

My rarest game would probably be Zone of the Enders 2 not an uber rare game but still can be hard to find.
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast