Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lasombra Files: Episode 3: A Long Lonely Road

This is a discussion on Lasombra Files: Episode 3: A Long Lonely Road within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Welcome ladies and gentleman to the next episode of the Lasombra Files: Episode 3: The Long Lonely Road. Tonight I’ve ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Lasombra Files: Episode 3: A Long Lonely Road

Welcome ladies and gentleman to the next episode of the Lasombra Files: Episode 3: The Long Lonely Road. Tonight I’ve tracked down a lone wanderer; a lone ranger, so lonely he doesn’t even have a Tonto as a sidekick. Through the wastelands of DC, and through buckets of super mutant blood and gore, alas he was found eating a humble meal of Iguana-on-a-Stick with a side of Fancy Lads Snack Cakes. Sit back and enjoy an ice cold Nuka Cola as we listen to the story of Wandarer. His trophy wall holds series like God of War, FFXIII, and yes, for the 2nd episode in a row Wolfenstein. Mein Fuhrer ist wuntend, seriously wundtend!

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewee with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

Name: Brian

Lasombra: When did you start gaming?

Wandarer: I started gaming when I was 4. I had a magnavox Odyssey 2. From there, I have always been a gamer.

Lasombra: How did you choose your PSN name?

Wandarer: Back in college, I loved Metallica. The term "wanderer" was from the song Wherever I May Roam, and from that song I chose my PSN name, which obviously is a variation of the word.

Lasombra: Are you a trophy hunter, platinum hunter, or a specific hunter?

Wandarer: I'd classify myself as a trophy hunter, but I do strive for the platinum as long as its reasonable

Lasombra: How many hours do you dedicate to trophy hunting?

Wandarer: I get about 1-3 hours a night, if I'm lucky, to dedicate to trophy hunting. Having a family of my own makes it difficult to game for longer, but I'm happy with what I have

Lasombra: What motivates you to go for that next trophy? How do you stay motivated after a long gaming session, particularly with grinding trophies?

Wandarer: I don't play one game for days on end, so that keeps me from getting un-motivated. As far as grinding, I'll sneak in grinding sessions here and there between other games.

Lasombra: Have you ever gone through any burnout from your sessions?

Wandarer: Not really. I keep my games in a rotation, so nothing gets old. Also with the limited amount of time I have, it keeps me from getting burned out.

Lasombra: What is your proudest platinum? Why? Was it your hardest?

Wandarer: I would have to say Wolfenstein. I didn't boost the trophies, but I did use one exploit (level 50 glitch) to get one trophy. Everything else was done legitimacy, which I have to say was a major pain. Yes, this I would say was my hardest. Also worth mentioning are Resistance 2 (killing machine, not boosted) and Battlefield Bad Company 2 (demo man and airkill, not boosted)

Lasombra: Do you have a trophy goal for the year? If so, how far are you along in it?

Wandarer: My trophy goal is 30 platinums by the end of the year, and one platinum a month for the rest of the year. So far so good. I'm at 23 platinums, and I've gotten 1 each month this year so far. I should definitively have one (God of War Chains of Olympus) at the beginning of May

Lasombra: Do you believe gamers should be allowed to make trophy hunting teams? Why or why not?

Wandarer: Sure, I don't see a problem with it. Trophies are all about having fun. There is no value to having more trophies, and if it doesn't ruin other gamer's experiences, then go for it!

Lasombra: Do you think Sony should create a world database with every user’s PSN trophy info? Why or why not?

Wanderer: Isn't the PSN one big giant database? I'm guessing it would take a huge effort to compile all that data. I don't have an opinion either way

Lasombra: Being married with a family, what does your wife and kids think of your trophy hunting

Wandarer: Ahh the joys of married/family life...Well, my wife and daughter are ok with my gaming. I rarely ever turn on the PS3 when my daughter is awake, although she loved watching me play Phineas and Ferb. As long as I spend enough time with my wife, she is OK with my gaming/trophy hunting.

Lasombra: Having so many trophies already where do you buy yours games? Do you have a favourite store?

Wandarer: Good question. I acquire most of my game from either Best Buy or Amazon. I have an amazon credit card, which gives me points. I put everything on that card, so at the end of the month I'll have a ton of points which I redeem for games. I also have a best buy reward zone card. and get discounts at Best Buy. I rarely pay full price, and most often, rarely end up paying anything.

Lasombra: Any tips or advice for those trying to take their game to the next level and get that ever elusive platinum?

Wandarer: For those reading this, I'm sure you know that the guides on this site are awesome. I also use guides on gamefaqs.com. Other than that, persist, persist, and persist.

That is a wrap for this week, ladies and gentleman. I’d like to thank Wandarer for the time out of his busy super mutant hunting schedule to answer some questions for the fans at home watching this on the vid-screen. Next week grab your jackets and tuques because its Episode 4: Arctic Blast!

Love it, Hate it, write in the comments below and be heard by the community.

Missed an episode? Check out the Back Issues. No monthly subscription fee either!

Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter
    @LasombraFiles
    Last edited by Lasombra; 10-08-2012 at 08:09 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Plats-O'-War!!

Awesome job man! . Great read as well. Keep up the good work!

Nope, nothing

Another great interview, thanks Lasombra
    Oh and just a suggestion, it would be cool if you posted their trophy card somewhere at the top, probably just before the questions and answers.

Good read Wandarer, it's cool that you've been gaming for 30 years!

Synthwave <3

Another great interview, Lasombra. Wow, Wanderer that is very cool that you've been a gamer for so long. It's also amazing to me that you've been able to get so many plats while also balancing work and family. Nice job and good luck with your goals!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Nice interview man. Another great read. Keep 'em coming!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Nice interview mate
    Wandarer has an awesome checklist too

Local Drunk

Great interview mate. Keep up the good work

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Retired...

Great interview Brian! Keep it up bro! Seriously, though, very enjoyable read.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Rainbow in the dark

You have a way with words there is no denying that, wouldn't surprise me if you did this for a living
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Platinum Procrastinator

Another great interview Lasombra and Brian. The introduction really makes each persons interview unique and now I'm left wondering whose gonna be represnting the Arctic Blast lol.

Like Chambers mentioned, perhaps you could link their trophy card in the introduction and also their trophy checklist if they have one as well. That way people could more easily see what games and plats they have.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Notorious K.I.D.

Great interview Lasombra and Wanderer, the intro paragraph is a nice touch too. Keep them coming Lasombra. And a to Wanderer for being a fellow gamer for the last 30 years, same amount of time for me.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Great interview yet again Lasombra and great read too for Wanderer and Wherever I May Roam is an awesome Metallica song man.Thats awesome your name derived from that.Good luck for next time Lasombra

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Galaxy beauty pirate

Nice to know more about you Wanderer (still remember the nihilism avy).
    Also Metallica ftw!
    Sig by Ramon

A plat a month!

I wanted to thank Lasombra for the awesome intro to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Another great interview, thanks Lasombra
    Oh and just a suggestion, it would be cool if you posted their trophy card somewhere at the top, probably just before the questions and answers.

Good read Wandarer, it's cool that you've been gaming for 30 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    Another great interview, Lasombra. Wow, Wanderer that is very cool that you've been a gamer for so long. It's also amazing to me that you've been able to get so many plats while also balancing work and family. Nice job and good luck with your goals!
    It wasn't until this interview that I had realized I've been gaming FOR 30 YEARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Nice interview mate
    Wandarer has an awesome checklist too
    Thanks man! That means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Great interview Brian! Keep it up bro! Seriously, though, very enjoyable read.
    Right on Hasan!!

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Great interview Lasombra and Wanderer, the intro paragraph is a nice touch too. Keep them coming Lasombra. And a to Wanderer for being a fellow gamer for the last 30 years, same amount of time for me.
    to 30+ gamers

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Great interview yet again Lasombra and great read too for Wanderer and Wherever I May Roam is an awesome Metallica song man.Thats awesome your name derived from that.Good luck for next time Lasombra
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Nice to know more about you Wanderer (still remember the nihilism avy).
    Also Metallica ftw!
    LOL I forgot to mention that I picked that handle back in 1996, and I've used it many times since. Since Metallica's changed around the release of "Load" I haven't followed them as much. I did attended 3 concerts though, and they all kicked ass!

Artemis, I'm impressed you remembers the Nihilism avy! LoL

In2
    January MOTM

The answers are a bit short but overall that's another great read.
    Great job once again, i also agree with Chambers, you should put their trophycard at the top.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

Legend...Nuff Said

Question for people about the trophy cards. Will it be updating when its posted, or will it just be the trophies at the time of linking the image?

Thanks for the props and suggestions. Let the guessing begin for Arctic Blast!

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

The One and Only

And another great interview! It's always good reading about the mind and a bit of the behind-the-scenes about someone on this lovely site.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Resident PHD

I'm digging these interviews.

I can't believe you started with the Odyssey, I thought my Colecovision made me old-school

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Question for people about the trophy cards. Will it be updating when its posted, or will it just be the trophies at the time of linking the image?
    It should be the same as linking a trophy card to a sig - the card should refresh whenever it's updated. I don't know for sure, but that'd be my guess.

These are working out well Lasombra - they aren't clashing with the MotM interviews (which was my concern) but are focusing on lesser-known or under-rated members.

Unlike in2's, they don't seem to be interviews of your mates (no offense in2) and the guys you're interviewing have interesting stories to tell. I also noticed your last interviewee has become active on the site.

Well done, keep it up, looking forward to your next episode.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Whoooh another nice interview . Good job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast