PS3 XMB help ?????

This is a discussion on PS3 XMB help ????? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey guys,whats crackin.Ive come before you awesome lot in the hope that someone maybe able to help me with a ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

PS3 XMB help ?????

Hey guys,whats crackin.Ive come before you awesome lot in the hope that someone maybe able to help me with a problem i have regarding the xmb on my ps3.I shall try and describe everything as best i can.The problem i have is when i press the ps button on my joypad,it will pretty much load up the xmb straight away,however,if i read a msg or join a chat room it becomes a little bit hairy then.Ill press the x button to read a msg but it can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to open and then if i press the circle button to go back to the main part of the xmb after reading a msg or temporarily leave the chat room,it can once again take ages to get there.Also,if i just press the ps button on my joypad to leave the chat room and go straight back to what ever game im playing,it can take ages to get back to my game.The reason why i post this now (as i have had this problem for quite some time) is because i have gone back to AC:B and i am part of a boosting party and if i get sent an invite and these problems happen,the invite sometimes expires.I rarely post something in the chat room as it could take ages to leave and then i can cock up the boosting process but at the same time i dont want the rest of the party to think im an ignorant sod.I hope i described that okay,any help would be greatly appreciated guys,thanks in advance

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Death is Awaiting....

I have that XMB problem quite a lot actually. The only thing that i thought might be slowing it down would be our internet, or maybe space on your PS3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Nope, nothing

I have the same issues on certain games too my friend, although not with the chat room, just going to the XMB in general.
    Not sure if there's a way to fix it though sucks really.

And sometimes when it's done this, it's taken so long to load that I've had to resort to just turning off my PS3

WHO DAT!!!!

sometimes if you have a big dynamic theme running it effects the performance

Lvl 6 - Silver

Do you have alot of messages saved? I had that problem and deleting them sped things up. Also I have noticed that while playing games online slows the XMB bar down also.

I always make sure my ps3's HD isnt clogged up with crap and i currently have 30 gb spare out of 60.I also delete msg's ive read immediately.Im just not sure if this is a software,hardware or internet connection issue.

Thanks for the replys so far guys,very good of you lot

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Death to zombies!!

Sometimes if the game is auto saving or you are in a big level with a lot of things loaded on screen this can cause the xmb to lag. Hate it when try to write message when it happens

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have this issue many times....i press the ps button n end up with the loading circle for like a minute, and going to messages takes time also. Other things as well may take time, usually when playin a game though. I do have a dynamic theme running but it shouldnt matter when ur in game, regardless, there isnt much i can do 2 speed up the ps3. Its kinda lime a computer u cant upgrade (other than memory storage of course)

Lvl 5 - Silver

I notice it happens when a game auto save's or you try to go into your messages for the first time that day.

Awesome Sig by Curse

PRO Member

I have been having the same problem also. I do have a lot of messages that I need to delete and I don't have a lot of space left on my drive.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Lvl 8 - Gold

Pretty much everyone told you a different way to speed it up. Everyone has this problem, and it really depends on how much space you have left, if you have alot of old messages (clear sent box too), and your internet. It could also be that the ps3 is doing something, which just means you need to stop giving it so many commands.

When researching the problem on the net,i came across the safe mode option and funnily enough,one of the links took me to this site with a thread started by Kylo.I tried the rebuild data base to see what would happen and not very much did happen.Im sort of glad that im not the only one with this problem i just wish there was a fix or something as it is pretty damn frustrating when i cant chat properely because the xmb takes about 12 hours to decided on what it wants to do

Saints Row IV

It happens a lot.....if you want to speed things up,ill tell you a solution
    Close the PS3 with the infront button until you hear 3 beeps! Then,it will say a lot of things there.One of them tells restart.Press than.It only deletes messages and really speed ups things in the PS3
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Requiescat in pace

maybe some games max the PS3 Graphics & Processor power & it causes a bit of lag with the XMB

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

It sucks but I don't think there is a way around it. Mine does the same thing. I believe it's because it's trying to think too hard causing some lag. I wish there was a way around it.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Requiescat in pace

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    It sucks but I don't think there is a way around it. Mine does the same thing. I believe it's because it's trying to think too hard causing some lag. I wish there was a way around it.
    there ain't its just some some games make it lag when being played

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Deleting all of my sent/received messages usually speeds mine up a little bit.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!