Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My PS3 turns off by itself then blinks in red?

This is a discussion on My PS3 turns off by itself then blinks in red? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo I own a fat Silver 80gb PS3 since 2009 and now i have this problem, the ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    I own a fat Silver 80gb PS3 since 2009 and now i have this problem, the weird thing is i can play some games without problem most of them but now i played LBP2 between other titles and it turns off by itself with this sound ti ti ti and when i turn it on again always do a recovery it became very annoying now i m considering to get a slim but want to ask here if some1 know about this issue and i ll be very appreciate any help
    Someone said it could be the disk, which could be true.
    For me i have had this happen before, and it was just that my ps3 was hot. Giving it a 30 minute break fixed my problem.

In my situation, it has happened both when i just turned it on and been playing for a long time, so the amount of time it was on didnt matter, both cases it was just very hot. Letting it cool did fix this both times, so might want to try it. I would still buy a slim and data transfer to it, as if this is a serious thing, you might not have long to get that data. A slim is still a good investment

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    Glad I got rid of mine then. My friend told me the same thing but he wasnt 100% sure. Just go get another one, transfer everything over, then format and sell it before it dies on you and you cant get any money out of it...
    Wow heartless. People like you make me worry when i buy a ps3 off of someone on craigslist. So far none were on their deathbed, but i am sure one day i will be swindled into one. Not saying its a bad thing, as your lucky to get the money for it (of course it might not have been almost dead, which then you worried for nothing, since you dont know for a fact it died on the person)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Someone said it could be the disk, which could be true.
    For me i have had this happen before, and it was just that my ps3 was hot. Giving it a 30 minute break fixed my problem.

In my situation, it has happened both when i just turned it on and been playing for a long time, so the amount of time it was on didnt matter, both cases it was just very hot. Letting it cool did fix this both times, so might want to try it. I would still buy a slim and data transfer to it, as if this is a serious thing, you might not have long to get that data. A slim is still a good investment

Wow heartless. People like you make me worry when i buy a ps3 off of someone on craigslist. So far none were on their deathbed, but i am sure one day i will be swindled into one. Not saying its a bad thing, as your lucky to get the money for it (of course it might not have been almost dead, which then you worried for nothing, since you dont know for a fact it died on the person)
    Thx 4 the tips i already call the store where i bought my ps3 they will send it to check and then let s c what s the true cause and how much will b fixing it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sounds like a violent, prolonged, transformative, psychic episode.

or

Demons. Have you considered demons??

Hope it works out for you though.

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucy diamond View Post
    Sounds like a violent, prolonged, transformative, psychic episode.

or

Demons. Have you considered demons??

Hope it works out for you though.
    Sorry i dont understand xD

PRO Member

Glad to see you got a new one. Mine's been running the fan high too and the ti ti ti thing and turning it back on only to read that it didn't shut down properly and it has to scan all data. I'm probably going to back all my stuff and get a new one. Going to miss that fatty

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legalize it...

The way I looked at it is they can fix it cheaper than I can before selling it, and if it did die on someone it comes with a warranty...

The One and Only

You said LBP2?

I'm getting a little scared now. I have over 270 songs created in that game and I don't want them all to be erased by a potential YLOD, even though I have a PS3 Slim (120GB).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    You said LBP2?

I'm getting a little scared now. I have over 270 songs created in that game and I don't want them all to be erased by a potential YLOD, even though I have a PS3 Slim (120GB).
    You can back up your profile in your pod and it will make a file in the save file folder that you can copy to a usb, etc. If anything ever goes wrong you can import the backed up profile from your pod...

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have a Fatty(160GB) that has been doing the samething for about a year now and its still works fine. It all started last spring and I had no AC to cool my house down and my fans started being really loud and then my system shut itself off. This happened a few time before I looked on the internet and found out that the highest room temp should be is 70 degrees F and of course in a well ventilated area. This is to keep the fans from running at a real high rate, almost sound like a blow dryer. Also I put four cans under my PS3 to raise it up and let the bottom stay cool as well. Since then I have had no problems and I play pretty much everyday for about 3 to 8 hours.

I have recently bought a Slim(300GB) though and gave my old system to my kids.

Resident Deadhead

I would highly advise buying a new warranty from the playstation store. its like 50 bucks for two years, and thats way cheaper than buying a new unit. thats just what i would do bc i agree with Davey, your in the beginning stages of YLOD
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

The One and Only

You can back up your profile in your pod and it will make a file in the save file folder that you can copy to a usb, etc. If anything ever goes wrong you can import the backed up profile from your pod...
    I'll be sure to do that.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    I would highly advise buying a new warranty from the playstation store. its like 50 bucks for two years, and thats way cheaper than buying a new unit. thats just what i would do bc i agree with Davey, your in the beginning stages of YLOD
    Unfortunately he can't do that because the warranty on the PSN store is only a extension of your warranty. If his ran out already its to late, I was thinking the same thing but customer service explained it clearly to me.

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    I was going to suggest this as well if warranty hasn't ran out. I think mine has already and meant to get it prolonged, but I forgot and put it off. . Definitely suggest either doing this warranty if your's is close to expiring OR get a new system(if not already done so).

Good luck though my friend and hope works out. .

P.S. To anyone sells a nearly dying system, regardless if came with warranty or not.. that's why everything is so hard to do now like trading in stuff and systems and they have to go through extra processes to check if it's working and then puts extra hassle on other gamers and people. It's just fucked up regardless of how easy it is to fix or cheaper for them cause of warranty. That's just hurting business AND putting hassle on people didn't deserve it.

I only buy new electronics anyways but still that's fucked to do to anyone.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Change is mediocre

Sounds like a YLOD...?

Lvl 8 - Gold

The way I looked at it is they can fix it cheaper than I can before selling it, and if it did die on someone it comes with a warranty...
    I am sorry but you are wrong...
    Not all ps3 systems have a warranty. If they do, the customer service isnt very nice or helpful
    If you do have a nice person to talk to, it takes a month or two to send it to them and get it back
    If you do send it out and you didnt get insurance, you could lose it with no compensation
    If you do lose it and get no compensation, your wife will leave you
    If your wife leaves you, you commit suicide
    Dont commit suicide

Some of the last few was an exaggeration... The last one isnt. Dont do it

Legalize it...

I am sorry but you are wrong...
    Not all ps3 systems have a warranty. If they do, the customer service isnt very nice or helpful
    If you do have a nice person to talk to, it takes a month or two to send it to them and get it back
    If you do send it out and you didnt get insurance, you could lose it with no compensation
    If you do lose it and get no compensation, your wife will leave you
    If your wife leaves you, you commit suicide
    Dont commit suicide

Some of the last few was an exaggeration... The last one isnt. Dont do it
    DirecTV commercial?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

the light flashing red means its overheating, i think its becuz the hardware on the old ps3s wasnt as strong as the new ones u have way less disk space and a lot less ram, and ur graphics card is a lot weaker, so ur ps3 trying to play games that are designed for newer ps3s makes it crash and since it dies midgame it has to go into recovery, im basing this on the fact that i my old laptop used to do the same thing when i played the sims 3 on it but then i got a new high tech laptop and everyhting worked fine, just get a new slim ps3 and do a full data transfer through an ethernet wire, and ur all set but MAKE SURE to export your LBP2 saved game first, you can do that through the game itself coz otherwise ull lose all ur game progress, happened to me =[

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's a shame stuff like this happens but it's also good that they (kind of) perfected the PS3 Slim.
    at least we have somewhere to go when out trusted sidekicks die on us.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hmm this sounds familar. I've had this 2 times, but then when quitting the game. I quit the game and I heard 3 beeps and the PS3 restarted itself.
    Does that means it's overheated?

PRO Member

what is means is that the fat lady is clearing out her throat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast