Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My PS3 turns off by itself then blinks in red?

This is a discussion on My PS3 turns off by itself then blinks in red? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I own a fat Silver 80gb PS3 since 2009 and now i have this problem, the weird thing is i ...

PRO Member

My PS3 turns off by itself then blinks in red?

I own a fat Silver 80gb PS3 since 2009 and now i have this problem, the weird thing is i can play some games without problem most of them but now i played LBP2 between other titles and it turns off by itself with this sound ti ti ti and when i turn it on again always do a recovery it became very annoying now i m considering to get a slim but want to ask here if some1 know about this issue and i ll be very appreciate any help

That Southern B****

If it only happens during LBP2 maybe its the disc. You have any friends who have a ps3 who can try out the disc on their system?
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

PS420

I know this isn't helpful, but I'm sorry to hear that about your PS3. I believe we have some similar issues and I have the 80GB fatty as well. One thing that I may suggest is trying to vacuum out all the vents to rid them of dust and particulates...especially depending on if you store it in a place without much breathing. Check your saves and back them up whether it be to the cloud service or other method so you don't lose any save data.

Good luck Angel!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legalize it...

That started happening to my 09 80GB a few months ago, so I sold it to Best Buy for $104 and got a 320 GB Slim...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    If it only happens during LBP2 maybe its the disc. You have any friends who have a ps3 who can try out the disc on their system?
    The weird thing is not only lbp2 i still can play many titles but as far as i know lbp2 Dead Rising 2 and One Piece my new game has this issue play a few minutes then it turns off

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I know this isn't helpful, but I'm sorry to hear that about your PS3. I believe we have some similar issues and I have the 80GB fatty as well. One thing that I may suggest is trying to vacuum out all the vents to rid them of dust and particulates...especially depending on if you store it in a place without much breathing. Check your saves and back them up whether it be to the cloud service or other method so you don't lose any save data.

Good luck Angel!
    Thx mate i already have all my saves safe with the plus service and already cleaned it up of dust but this problem is still on but with some games only, I have 3 options find help on internet sites call Sony or buy a Slim i think the 3rt is the best option xD

PS420

Yeah. Probably. Hope you can get a new one without much trouble!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Saints Row IV

Call Sony man they will sure know stuff about their products! That "ti ti ti" happend to me too....and guess what i did? I formated my PS3 and it stopped happening...try this if you have no other solution
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Banned

Is the system well ventilated? ... I had that problem with the original 60 gb ... so I'd run a fan in the area which worked for a while... then eventually the yellow light appeared after a few more months...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    Is the system well ventilated? ... I had that problem with the original 60 gb ... so I'd run a fan in the area which worked for a while... then eventually the yellow light appeared after a few more months...
    I dont think so i can still play some titles perfectly

Lvl 5 - Silver

Ive had the ''ti ti ti'' noise myself on my old fat too. Also get it when my slim freezes sometimes, its a error code I think.

Awesome Sig by Curse

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by xENDZEITx View Post
    Ive had the ''ti ti ti'' noise myself on my old fat too. Also get it when my slim freezes sometimes, its a error code I think.
    Though i didnt c any error codes appear ti ti ti and u need to reset, do the recovery thing only with some games that s the weird thing

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Though i didnt c any error codes appear ti ti ti and u need to reset, do the recovery thing only with some games that s the weird thing
    Sorry should have explained abit more haha. Its like a shut down error i think thats what the 3 ti's are. By any chance is your system overheating lately like do the fans sound loud?

Awesome Sig by Curse

Trophy Guide Grand Master

THAT is the beginning stages of the YLOD my friend...mine started doing that and within a couple weeks MY PS3 was dead....The prominent sign in that is that it isnt just crashing the game and you have to hold down the button to restart it...its shutting itself down with the 3 beeps....you can try some fixes such as blowing out the vents and what not, but its best if you start planning for the worst

PRO Member

Sorry should have explained abit more haha. Its like a shut down error i think thats what the 3 ti's are. By any chance is your system overheating lately like do the fans sound loud?
    Well the fan has always been a bit loud if it were overheating how come i could still play games.

Davey yes i think so too but this thing is already been months and is still alive

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    Well the fan has always been a bit loud if it were overheating how come i could still play games.

Davey yes i think so too but this thing is already been months and is still alive
    From my experience when the fan starts to sound load its on the road to YLOD like Davey said.

Awesome Sig by Curse

PRO Member

From my experience when the fan starts to sound load its on the road to YLOD like Davey said.
    I will call Sony to ask them coz is really weird i play lbp2 in a half stage it turns off 3 times already but i play Naruto Generations online battle all fine for hours

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Well I hope it turns out good for you my friend, when mine started acting like this it didn't and I didnt plan ahead and lost alot of data...just make sure you start planning ahead just in case

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    Well I hope it turns out good for you my friend, when mine started acting like this it didn't and I didnt plan ahead and lost alot of data...just make sure you start planning ahead just in case
    Thx Davey i have all my saves in the cloud safe now let s c what Sony say

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    THAT is the beginning stages of the YLOD my friend...mine started doing that and within a couple weeks MY PS3 was dead....The prominent sign in that is that it isnt just crashing the game and you have to hold down the button to restart it...its shutting itself down with the 3 beeps....you can try some fixes such as blowing out the vents and what not, but its best if you start planning for the worst
    Glad I got rid of mine then. My friend told me the same thing but he wasnt 100% sure. Just go get another one, transfer everything over, then format and sell it before it dies on you and you cant get any money out of it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast