Lost My LBP2 Game On the New PS3! plz help!!

This is a discussion on Lost My LBP2 Game On the New PS3! plz help!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; hiii guys, so i got a new ps3 and did the whole data switch between 2 ps3s with an ethernet ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Lost My LBP2 Game On the New PS3! plz help!!

hiii guys,

so i got a new ps3 and did the whole data switch between 2 ps3s with an ethernet wire and everything worked perfectly, untill i tried to play Little Big Planet 2, it started as a new game, as if i'd never played it before =[! i had soooo many items and now theyre all gone, all my community stuff gone, i can still see my old save data in the ps3 game data folder, i just cant use it, im using the same username i used on the other ps3 the same one thats one that game data too, yet i cant access it, can anyone help or at least tell me why i cant access it?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Maybe the savefile is locked? Other than that try using USB for moving savefiles.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 5 - Silver

Your sure its not copyprotected?

Awesome Sig by Curse

PRO Member

It doesn't matter if a save file is copy-protected if you use the Data Transfer Utility like the OP did. Copy-protected saves will transfer over and delete off of the originating PS3. I think this is an issue with LBP games... because this same thing happened to me with LBP1. I read something about it on the net at the time, but can't remember what the issue was.

Lvl 9 - Gold

BTW, your avatar OP, such a huge boner killer.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

The Stereotype Killer

Quote Originally Posted by YumeOMiru View Post
    BTW, your avatar OP, such a huge boner killer.
    lmfao
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    It doesn't matter if a save file is copy-protected if you use the Data Transfer Utility like the OP did. Copy-protected saves will transfer over and delete off of the originating PS3. I think this is an issue with LBP games... because this same thing happened to me with LBP1. I read something about it on the net at the time, but can't remember what the issue was.

yeah that's what i figured =[ ill give up trying i guess >.<

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

oh and about the avatar hahahha im a girl so i dont get boners, thats not a prob fr me, i was initially gonna put up a gamercard but all of u guyz have like 40 platinums and i only have 8 (well 9 coz i have 2 easy trophies left till my 9th) but either way point is its embaressing so i put this up instead temporarily hahah ill change it soon tho before ppl start reporting it as sexual or provocative

Where other men blindly follow the truth,
    Remember, nothing is true
    Where other men are limited by morality or law,
    Remember, everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light.

Lvl 6 - Silver

If you make a back-up of you data on your old PS3 then your data well transfer over. If you have Cloud you can save it on there and just transfer it over to your new PS3. Samething happened to me when I switched PS3 data to my new one.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Dragon Age: Origins was like this for me.

Couldn't reload those saves for the life of me. Luckily anything you BOUGHT for LBP is still in your PStore account.

Sorry to hear about your community stuff though.

Hope it works out.

~LD

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    When I did the data transfer, everything on my old PS3 was still there until I formatted it. Also, when I was doing it I backed up my LBP save file in the pod and it made a save file in the normal save file folder. Then, when I started it up just now it was like I hadnt played yet, but when I got to the pod I loaded my profile and now its back to normal. I forgot to do it for LBP 1 though, but if it doesnt work its not a big deal to me...

Edit: Just tried LBP 1 and its back to the beginning like Ive never played and there is nothing for me to load when I hit import profile. Good thing theyre both 100%ed or Id be pissed lol...

Lvl 6 - Silver

@ xoxo : Same thing happened to me with lbp 2 file, I lost everything after having transferred from my old fatboy. Nothing you can do as far as i'm aware, have to start again. I had to, it sucks, and it made me lose interest in the game... But one day, I will get back into it and redo everything I did for the hours I poured into the game before
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Rainbow in the dark

Probably for the best, you should leave games such as LBP to little 9 year old girls.....lol
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty