Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Playstation smash bros is diffrent from nintendo's smash bros

This is a discussion on How Playstation smash bros is diffrent from nintendo's smash bros within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sony's PlayStation Smash Bros. Has Won Me Over cutting out the good parts: "The core gameplay mechanic is totally different," ...

INTJ

How Playstation smash bros is diffrent from nintendo's smash bros

Sony's PlayStation Smash Bros. Has Won Me Over

cutting out the good parts:

"The core gameplay mechanic is totally different," Kendall said. "There's no knocking dudes off of levels to score points. It's all about engaging, building your meter, using your super, scoring points." To explain more, the control scheme is similar to Smash Bros., with attacks mostly triggered by face-button presses combined with d-pad taps (oh, but jump's on a face button). But you dont' defeat enemies until you hit them with supers. You can't get a super without charging your super meter, which fills as you beati up the other characters and/or collect energy orbs.

The characters feel refreshingly distinct. Sly Cooper, for example, can't block, but he's crafty. "Sly is an agile, sneaky thief," Kendall said. "If you think about the essence of what that character is, we wanted to retain his agility, his sneakiness, and that stealth aspect we felt would be really well-represented with a mechanic like invisibility. We didn't imagine him as a character who would get in the middle of things and mix it up, blocking and sort of covering." He can fight with his staff, electricity shocks and gadgets. Parappa the Rapper, will get you with his boom box, his skate board and his mic. Kratos has his chain blades and the barbarian hammer from God of War II. Each character has about two dozen moves, Kendall said.

TL;DR terrible super move system instead of throwing your enemies off cliffs and into space. The Characters have different Abilities than other characters (like Sly Cooper can't block attacks, but he is more agile for example. you are being forced to play him as a backstabber-esque character and not a Hardcore mcbuffextreme rushing in and hitting everything.)

seems ok i guess, won't be as successful as SSB imo but whatever.

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

cutting out the good parts:

TL;DR terrible super move system instead of throwing your enemies off cliffs and into space. The Characters have different Abilities than other characters (like Sly Cooper can't block attacks, but he is more agile for example)

let's be honest here if sony followed the SSB model your response would be the same except this go around you would claim a SSB rip-off. play it first before we rip open sony's idea.
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    let's be honest here if sony followed the SSB model your response would be the same except this go around you would claim a SSB rip-off. play it first before we rip open sony's idea.
    I just said i didn't like the Super power up system, i prefer the Throwing people off cliffs idea more.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i still think it looks good.what i think would be cool is if Microsoft made on and then they combined the 3 games to make one big roster fighting game with all the characters.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by lukas View Post
    i still think it looks good.what i think would be cool is if Microsoft made on and then they combined the 3 games to make one big roster fighting game with all the characters.
    now that's what the gamers want. of course it will NEVER happen but it's still nice to dream lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Kiwi Defender

I just said i didn't like the Super power up system, i prefer the Throwing people off cliffs idea more.
    While I agree with that, that brings a lot of cheap tactics into the fray, like Sonic's/Fox's/Falco's/Wolf's/Game&Watch's/Kirby's/Pit's/Donkey Kong's/etc. This will not let you be that cheap (though there'll surely be cheap tactics around anyway), so one can call it a fail-safe to make matches last more and to be more interesting.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    now that's what the gamers want. of course it will NEVER happen but it's still nice to dream lol
    We thought Sonic would never team with Mario...but alas those two enemies joined forces. You never know these days. They could make one game like that for every system one day.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 9 - Gold

I like this. And i feel it is more realistic for a guy like Sly to be more stealthy since that is what he is based on in his legit game.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    While I agree with that, that brings a lot of cheap tactics into the fray, like Sonic's/Fox's/Falco's/Wolf's/Game&Watch's/Kirby's/Pit's/Donkey Kong's/etc. This will not let you be that cheap (though there'll surely be cheap tactics around anyway), so one can call it a fail-safe to make matches last more and to be more interesting.
    You're a smart man. I personally wish you didn't have to use supers to kill opponents only, but you know I love the idea, so there you have it.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

An old-fashioned cowboy

Don't care still buying it. It looks like a fun game to play with friends.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    We thought Sonic would never team with Mario...but alas those two enemies joined forces. You never know these days. They could make one game like that for every system one day.
    That's true. Or was, better said, 15 years ago. When SEGA stopped making consoles and went software-only, their rivalry died.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

дурак

Never intended to buy this game in the first place. Not until I see whatever everyone else thinks of it. It's honestly does not look that promising.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 4 - Silver

think about it.if they made a game like this,maybe it would have duel servers.then maybe they would make more games like that.then maybe,just maybe,we could have 2 of the companies combine. then the third one joins.then there would b e one company and we could play all sorts of games that weren't playable before.
    i know it will never happen,but a kid can dream,can't he?

Platinum Procrastinator

I knew about this from a few weeks back when some of the IGN guys got to play it. Like you, I dislike the fact that you have to use your super meter (special attack) to kill guys. Basically, you attack other players to charge the meter. Other than that, you aren't doing anything unlike in SB where the damage racks up after each hit.

I would much rather they copied the SB style and allow kills by damage over time resulting in knock outs from the screen and falling off the edge.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 8 - Gold

The companies were rivals, not the characters.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I knew about this from a few weeks back when some of the IGN guys got to play it. Like you, I dislike the fact that you have to use your super meter (special attack) to kill guys. Basically, you attack other players to charge the meter. Other than that, you aren't doing anything unlike in SB where the damage racks up after each hit.

I would much rather they copied the SB style and allow kills by damage over time resulting in knock outs from the screen and falling off the edge.
    I to would prefer damage over time could result in knocking out your opponents and falling of the stage aswell. I wish they copied everything about SB than only a few things.

Zip Zop, Zoobity Bop!

This game will still print money...

Lvl 8 - Gold

This is awesome. I am one of the gamers that wanted a smash bro game on ps3. I also want to add that cartoon network made a smash bro. type game.

This one doesnt look as good as the nintendo smash bro, but i hope the differences in the two are good things, so we can stop comparing the two. I am not looking forward to the characters, but will enjoy playing each one to see their strengths and weaknesses. I will also enjoy beating the kids.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    This one doesnt look as good as the nintendo smash bro, but i hope the differences in the two are good things, so we can stop comparing the two.
    It doesn't matter how different or similar they are, they'll always be compared because it's the same idea behind both games: popular 1st/3rd party characters fighting each other.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Still sounds cool. I'm interested to actually play it. I too wish it had damage over time...seems better to me.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast