Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Help Me Decide... Again

This is a discussion on Help Me Decide... Again within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok, the last thread helped me get red dead redemption. Hopefully this thread is as successful as the last one. ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Help Me Decide... Again

Ok, the last thread helped me get red dead redemption. Hopefully this thread is as successful as the last one.

I have Uncharted 3 and Red Dead Redemption... What game do you recommend for my next game?

Awesome sig and avy by JakeSS14

MK Plat = Overrated

BioShock. I picked it up last week. Holy crap, what a good game. Even if you aren't into FPS, this game is really good. You will get into the story and the character(s). Also, it's really cheap since it's kind of old.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

bioshock, borderlands, demons souls are cheap good options, newer games id go with skyrim

PRO Member

Uncharted 1 and 2!! STILL

The only sane person here

Would it help if you can use the Official game thread A or B instead of making these threads?

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Would it help if you can use the Official game thread A or B instead of making these threads?
    The A and B thread is for decided between two+ games, not just for recommendations. The thread(s) is/are fine.

I still highly recommend Demon's Souls and/or Dark Souls, Skyrim, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed II, inFamous. All are quality games that you'll like (especially the one in bold!)

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Banned

I see you completed RDR and said it was one of the best games you've ever played, respect homie
    And if you need another recommendation, I guess I could give you my two cents again

Assassin's Creed 2 - A sandbox game like RDR set in the late 15th century in Italy, you play as Ezio Auditore, an assassin who tries to hunt down the man who killed the majority of his family. This is also the proper beginning to the assassin's creed franchise (1 was horrible) and it's final instalment, AC3 is coming on October 30th. My personal rating - 9.5/10

L.A. Noire - I know you are already aware of this one and you should be as it has the most believable characters in gaming (maybe because they are real people) and requires a lot of thinking and investigating. I also never laughed more at a game ever, it's humour is gold. You play as Cole Phelps, a war veteran who carries a lot of guilt and is on a path of self redemption. My personal rating - 9/10

Heavy Rain - This is hardly even a game in all fairness, more like an interactive movie but it has one of the best storylines in gaming this gen and is heavily based on choice, there are around 15 different endings and heaps of different approaches to every chapter in the game. You play as Ethan Mars (a father and an architect), Madison Page (a photojournalist), Scott Shelby (a private investigator) and Norman Jayden (an FBI profiler). My personal rating - 9/10

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    BioShock. I picked it up last week. Holy crap, what a good game. Even if you aren't into FPS, this game is really good. You will get into the story and the character(s). Also, it's really cheap since it's kind of old.
    This. Couldn't have said it any better myself. I usually hate FPS games, but this one's a keeper.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    yes.....this. you can't play 3 and skip the first two all together. you have to play and plat them since you have plat for 3. also bioshock 1 and 2 are great games and you can get both for less than $20 each. also boarderlands. that is one of the sickest fps you'll ever play because it's so much more than just a simple shooter.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 7 - Gold

Either of the InFamous games maybe. I'm currently playing Prototype 2 and absolutely loving it, as a newer game suggestion.

As a couple people have already suggested Bioshock. I am going to go ahead and back them and say that, that is one of my top 10 favorite games!

Regional Manager of War

Yeah definitely going to agree with chris you just don't skip the first two games :stare:

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Canada. Where we ride Moose and have Beavers as pets.

Dark Souls, Deus Ex Human Revolution or Rayman Origins.

These games to me are the cream of the crop.

Plats-O'-War!!

Outside of all of the great recommendations:

Bayonetta
    The Saboteur
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Vanquish
    Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood
    Transformers War for Cybertron
    Mass Effect 2

There's a ton of "Oldies but Goodies" out there that you can get for cheap. Hoped I helped

Lvl 7 - Gold

While I agree with all of the suggestions so far (including using the A or B thread), I have a few more i might suggest...

The Saboteur - Holy shit this game is fun and purely single player. Seriously, what is more fun than killing nazi bastards?
    Saints Row the Third - Amazing, funny, ridiculous, etc...
    God of War (all of them) - Work your way through the series, which will test you as a gamer and tell you a fantastic story in the process.
    Dante's Inferno - Cool story, no difficulty requirements for plat, and overall a really fun experience...

Hope that helps. I know there are many other great games that I can't think of right now but these will get you off to a good start.

Lvl 7 - Gold

While the the buggy, clunky, climbing system in 'the Saboteur' made me hate it at times, that is another good one.

Lvl 6 - Silver

well seeing as you have uncharted 3 i would go get uncharted 1 and 2 also as mentioned above bioshock 1 and 2 are good games also I would check out the assassins creed games I enjoyed them well 1 was a little boring but the rest were great games

Local Drunk

CV hit the nail on the head.

Or you could get Max Payne 3 cause it's

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I see a lot of people are recommending BioShock, and I have a few questions about it: How scary is it, because I get scared easily.

How hard is to plat?
    1 more question, what is it about?

Awesome sig and avy by JakeSS14

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post
    I see a lot of people are recommending BioShock, and I have a few questions about it: How scary is it, because I get scared easily.

How hard is to plat?
    It's not scary. It's atmospheric. It does however have a few jump scares thrown in, but they are few and far between. As to how hard the Platinum is, it's rather easy. If you can get the Natural Camouflage tonic, Survivor difficulty without Vita Chambers is a cakewalk.

Story: As you are traveling on an airplane you suddenly crash in the middle of the ocean and find shelter in a mysterious lighthouse. This lighthouse takes you below the ocean to an underwater city called Rapture. I can't tell much more because I would want you to experience it yourself with as little spoilers as possible, but basically you are trying to get back the surface, but on your journey you begin to uncover the secrets of Rapture.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post

How hard is to plat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    It's not scary. It's atmospheric. It does however have a few jump scares thrown in, but they are few and far between. As to how hard the Platinum is, it's rather easy. If you can get the Natural Camouflage tonic, Survivor difficulty without Vita Chambers is a cakewalk.

Story: As you are traveling on an airplane you suddenly crash in the middle of the ocean and find shelter in a mysterious lighthouse. This lighthouse takes you below the ocean to an underwater city called Rapture. I can't tell much more because I would want you to experience it yourself with as little spoilers as possible, but basically you are trying to get back the surface, but on your journey you begin to uncover the secrets of Rapture.
    Vulgar did a great job of giving u a preamble of sorts for the game. As far as how hard it is: there are a lot of trophies that are easy to miss on this game. Collecting all the audio diaries (which tell a great deal of the story) researching everything, all the tonics etc. It's an amazing game tho and I did not mind playing it thru several times. I also thought it had a decent scare/freak u out factor. Not as scary as Dead Space. But it has it's moments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast