Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What would you like to see improved on your ps3?

This is a discussion on What would you like to see improved on your ps3? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Some type of virus protection software would be really friggin' useful. I'm tired of downloading wallpapers and themes from the ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Some type of virus protection software would be really friggin' useful. I'm tired of downloading wallpapers and themes from the internetz and then they would be corrupted so they corrupt my hard drive even if I delete them. And whenever I try to un-corrupt it using the prompt the appears after a system crash, my HDD gets FUBAR. Virus protection is my main want. Vipre would be cool.
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

The One and Only

I want the ability to spectate people from my friend list's games while they're playing it, unless they go to settings and turn off that ability. That would be sweet.

I also want to be able to play my PS2 games on my PS3 and still be able to use the XMB.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by Letifer View Post
    Some type of virus protection software would be really friggin' useful. I'm tired of downloading wallpapers and themes from the internetz and then they would be corrupted so they corrupt my hard drive even if I delete them. And whenever I try to un-corrupt it using the prompt the appears after a system crash, my HDD gets FUBAR. Virus protection is my main want. Vipre would be cool.
    You could always download them on your computer first (if it has virus protection) then transfer them over with a flashdrive.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Local Drunk

Isn't Trend Micro the anti-virus for PS3?

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Game on....

Only use trusted sites like interfacelift etc for wallpapers while using the PS3 browser. You do have a point and it is one of the reasons i don't use the PS3 browser. My PS3 is for gaming and that is it.

Rainbow in the dark

Maybe they should add guns to the ps3 so it can go out and shoot people on the street *you would have to read my other thread in order to understand*
    HA! i trolled my own thread!

sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 8 - Gold

Download them to the PC and scan them before copying them to the PS3. I use the PS3's browser very rarely so I never had issues like that.
    But speaking of improvements, maybe a better browser?

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

The ability to play MKV files on the system itself, without having to resort to streaming the media instead would be great.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post

4) Get rid of protected save files. I want to back up save files to my memory stick and not be forced to have to pay for PS plus for cloud save storage.
    ^^ This, so annoying, I can't back up all my saves, then when the ps3 gets Ylod I'm Screwed, or YOU can Buy PS + just for this to work, which is annoying that I have to pay MORE MONEY because the PS3 is unreliabe and breaks!!!

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

An old-fashioned cowboy

Trophies should pop faster. Those 8 - 10 seconds between meeting the requirements and the trophy popping can be hell especially for trophies with strict requirements.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Faster XMB for sure. I hate having to wait a while for it to load when I'm playing, especially for messages.
    Also, that it doesn't take you back to the main XMB when you go back from a message, it's really annoying when you want to read several messages in a row.
    Also the freezing, and more Avatars. I think each game should give you at least one avatar (related to the game) when you play it or get the Plat, like some games give you stuff your your XBLA Avatar.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    ^^ This, so annoying, I can't back up all my saves, then when the ps3 gets Ylod I'm Screwed, or YOU can Buy PS + just for this to work, which is annoying that I have to pay MORE MONEY because the PS3 is unreliabe and breaks!!!
    Whoa, easy there. How is it unreliable? Because it isn't 100% fault proof? Because it randomly and rarely has problems (which most of the time could have been prevented)?
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Faster XMB
    Cross-game Chat
    Better cooling system
    More USB ports
    It's just a flesh wound.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    Whoa, easy there. How is it unreliable? Because it isn't 100% fault proof? Because it randomly and rarely has problems (which most of the time could have been prevented)?
    I had one and it broke and I lost my game saves, I view that as unreliable

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I dont find to many issues with the XMB in-game though sometimes I find when I try to close it and get back into the game it takes forever.
    More options for the user such as "Apper Offline" and such.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Personally speaking there are a few things that should be added in order to make my ps3 the machine I want it to be...

A) When I recieve a message, I want a little message icon to appear at the top right of the screen UNTIL I have read the damn message. If I am not looking at the screen, or out of the room or whatever when I get a message, I often have no idea I have recieved it until the next time I have powered up, by then, usually missing a boosting session or something.

B) Similar to the above, I want a notification on screen that my controller charge has finished, as currently I have no idea when they are charged without having to press the PS button - not a major deal, but it's a wireless controller for a reason..

C) A trophy cabinet. This could be cool, in a similar style to 'home', I want a full on 3D trophy cabinet where I can display all my trophies, not just a list of things that I have apparently done. I should be able to customise said cabinet to have certain styles [glass finish, chrome finish etc], and should be able to organise my trophies on there.

D) I should be able to organise my fucking friends list. For example, I have many friends who have added me for various boosting game sessions, which is fine. What isn't fine is that I have no idea what half of these people originally invited me to boost for, and being able to organise them into groups such as 'Uncharted 2 MP boost' or 'Resident Evil 5 boost' or something would be cool. That and the ONLINE ones should have much more of a presence than the OFFLINE ones, as flicking through lists quickly, I can often mistake someone for being online when they are not...

E) Faster and smoother XMB, especially during gameplay.

F) An option to turn censorship of words in chat rooms OFF. The words they censor are fucking ridiculous, WHIP?! I can't say WHIP!? I should be able to turn this off, as I can turn the parental controls for DVD's off... That, and I should be able to have multiline text...

G) Quicker and smoother way of inviting friends to games, as frankly, it's quite cumbersome at the moment...

Edit: Oh, and H) The ability to delete games from my trophy list. Not trophies themselves, I don't want to be able to delete tough trophies in order to gain an easy platinum, I just want to be able to delete games that have fucking 0% on my list that I don't own

Other than that, I fucking love the ps3.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Level 5 Esper

• Take some features like Cross-game chat, party system and gamer pics from the 360 and whatevers not copyrighted by MS
    • Faster XMB
    • Custom Avatars
    • More customization
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

PRO Member

I agree with everyone else, a quicker and smoother XMB would be much appreciated and honestly I feel like Sony pretty much owes us one right about now...we've gone through god knows how many useless updates that did nothing besides taking away features, and the last time they change the XMB was around 2.0 or something :/

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Definately need to sort out the xmb.My old spectrum zx loaded things faster and quicker than my xmb.Its really starting to annoy me as i struggle to participate in chat rooms when organising things.Other than that little rant,im quite happy with everything else for now.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I don't think the beep is too annoying, in fact, it's helpful because it notifies me when my ps3 turns on for auto update.

1. I would like the ability to have custom avatars and not only ones that you have to buy.
    2. Cross game chat would be nice to have.
    3. Some improvements to the xmb in-game; it's much slower than it is not in game.
    4. Make the trophies pop a bit faster; sometimes it takes forever to pop a just causes unnecessary stress.
    5. Custom in-game music would be awesome, but I can live without it.

Reading this thread initially, i couldnt think of anything... now though....

1. The Dreaded Beep of DOOM. Get rid of it
    2. I like the custom avatar idea, as I too hate the default ones, and dont want to pay 49 cents ( I'm cheap!) for one I like
    3. Custom music is a must I think. I always tuned out to some Five Finger Death Punch, Incubus, and Stonesour while playing World of Warcraft
    4. Better trophy overall support. I love the trophy system, i just wish it was, well.... prettier? lol.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast