Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD DLC Announcement

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD DLC Announcement within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; A long time classic is set to be released in the summer of 2012, and will not have everything included ...

Plats-O'-War!!

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD DLC Announcement

A long time classic is set to be released in the summer of 2012, and will not have everything included day 1. Instead, the missing content will be release via DLC. And, Activision is requesting help from the fans via facebook, asking which levels to include in the post-launch DLC

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD is looking like the Tony Hawk that fans have been waiting for some quite some time. Not all of the content will be available on day one though. There will be several pieces of DLC content in the form of new levels from other classic THPS titles, available after launch of course.The catch is that Activision is looking for feedback on which levels to include, from THPS3 specifically. So stop by their Facebook page to let your opinion be heard.
    Here's some screen shots of the game:

Toggle Spoiler

You can check out more picture and the rest of the article here: Activision needs your help picking future Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD DLC levels - Gaming Age

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is set to be released this summer on the PSN ($15), and XBLA (1200 points)

Thoughts?

Nope, nothing

DLC announcement before the game has even been released

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    DLC announcement before the game has even been released
    Exactly. Screw you Activision, I will not be buying this game because of this. DLC should be for extra levels made after the game has been published, or tangibles that don't effect much.
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    Exactly. Screw you Activision, I will not be buying this game because of this. DLC should be for extra levels made after the game has been published, or tangibles that don't effect much.
    I feel the same way. I was ready for this game, but now I'm not even going to touch it. I might as well dust off my old copy of Pro Skater and play it.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I feel the same way. I was ready for this game, but now I'm not even going to touch it. I might as well dust off my old copy of Pro Skater and play it.
    I would've thought about buying this as I had it back in the day but not now.
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you know wat, i WILL buy it

PRO Member

Ugh, I'm guessing this has been blown out of proportion a little, so you all think that they're asking you what content, that they've already made, do you want to pay for?

The truth is probably them seeking feedback on what future levels you'd like to see in dlc. Afterall they cant fit every level in there AND bring out the game on schedule. So long as they aren't leaving out any part of the main game for the sake of dlc this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Harvester of Souls

I do want this... but the fact they are going to take the game apart and offer some of it as DLC is ridiculous. That should be fucking banned and illegal. New games is one thing.. but for old game?? WTF!?

I may get it some time.. but will prolly just get it used just to piss on them and definitely not getting any of the DLC.

EDIT: Now I feel like an idiot for not reading it fully and just jumping on the hatewagon with every other poster here.. Says adding in content from other Tony Hawk games.. so this will be the full game, BUT includes some other levels from sequel games. . That's kinda awesome now that I think about it.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm still not sure if I want to buy this. I still have THPS 1-3, but $15 isn't too bad for an hd remake, as long as the dlc levels aren't priced too high I'm fine with this

Resident Deadhead

This is still a day one buy for me. THPS 1 & 2 are some of the most nostalgic games for me to this day.

I feel that the whole DLC thing has been blown out of proportion. I think its really cool that they are asking what levels they need to remake, and i can only think of one...NYC!!!! and Phillyside i guess lol
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Plats-O'-War!!

I'm gonna kick back and wait and see how they do this. Could be good........

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Yeah I jumped the gun too quick and should've read the article first
    If the DLC is from older games I still don't understand it though..
    My Trophy Checklist

Prayer Warrior

read the article people. the game itself is complete as the original HD remake. they are just wanting to put more levels from other classics tony hawk games and are wanting to hear the voice of fans. this is in no way a bad thing but a very good thing and makes me want the game even more. this is a day one buy for me as well as whatever dlc they put out. i'm now off to facebook to let my voice be heard.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 4 - Silver

i want the sick skatepark that had Kiss playing.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Locked content woo-hoo!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Day one purchase no matter what just because it's a classic game BUT, I absolutely hate the this announcment but it is what it is & this will never change period. (DLC, gamers being beat down etc).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Well it appears as if Tony and the activision team have had a sit down talking with Capcom......

Resident PHD

Has there been any talk of Spiderman being in the game?

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Has there been any talk of Spiderman being in the game?

Or Officer Dick and his cool skateboards

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Or Officer Dick and his cool skateboards
    Officer Dick will more then likely make an appearance while some of the others may not but it would be rather cool to skate as some of the unlockables for the first three games including Darth Maul and his Hover Board, Wolverine and the Neversoft Eye and no one can forget everyone's favorite "Ollie" The Magic Bum.

I hope they don't get rid of the trick "Freetylin'" like they did after THPS2. That was my favorite trick in the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast