PS3 Problem

This is a discussion on PS3 Problem within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Most of the time when I'm playing my games, my ps3 makes noises like it's trying to start the fan ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

PS3 Problem

Most of the time when I'm playing my games, my ps3 makes noises like it's trying to start the fan (at least that's what i hear), does anyone know why?

Sorry for the bad grammar, just woke up from a nap and still sleepy as shit.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post
    Most of the time when I'm playing my games, my ps3 makes noises like it's trying to start the fan (at least that's what i hear), does anyone know why?

Sorry for the bad grammar, just woke up from a nap and still sleepy as shit.
    Does it do this all of the time or just randomly? And does it do this when you're watching DVD's or playing PSN games?
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    Does it do this all of the time or just randomly? And does it do this when you're watching DVD's or playing PSN games?
    It does it all the time. I don't know about DVD and PSN because I don't own them

Legendary...Nuff Said

Likely means that your PS3 is overheating, hence the fan going off to try to cool the system down.

Try moving it to a place where air is cooler, or it can be made cooler. Should hopefully solve the problem.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post
    It does it all the time. I don't know about DVD and PSN because I don't own them
    Hmm I'm not sure. If it was only doing it to PS3 games/Blu Ray discs then I'd say you're Blu Ray drive was going out but I don't know.
    My Trophy Checklist

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Likely means that your PS3 is overheating, hence the fan going off to try to cool the system down.

Try moving it to a place where air is cooler, or it can be made cooler. Should hopefully solve the problem.
    Yeah definitely try this. And always be careful about heating/cooling cause overheating can cause YLOD.
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I also hear... I don't know how to explain it, but I can hear the disc inside, it sounds like a dj turntable in my ps3...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by C_34_M View Post
    Yeah definitely try this. And always be careful about heating/cooling cause overheating can cause YLOD.
    There are a few methods to combat over heating. Raising the ps3 off the shelf, get a fan, find the intake area and output air area of your ps3, or take breaks.

There are many different methods on the internet. Many of them work

PRO Member

Which model of ps3? The first ps3 that came out the fan is on all the time. So damn loud I have to crank the volumn and can still hear it. The other two models I have I can't remember hearing the fan run. Good news is I have had the original since it came out and it's still running strong. Kids and I were playing guitar hero today on it!