Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Who here cannot wait for Dragon's Dogma tmr? =3

This is a discussion on Who here cannot wait for Dragon's Dogma tmr? =3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Been waiting for this game for a while, unfortunately I'm way too bombarded with a summer condensed physiology course. I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Been waiting for this game for a while, unfortunately I'm way too bombarded with a summer condensed physiology course. I will get it as soon as I can .

Those who've already got the game, let us know how your experience is so far (e.g., What you like, what has been a let down)!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Nice, have you tryed the res6 demo yet?

I activated them too, may get the game tomorrow as they always seem to be good on deliveries (fingers crossed)
    No, I thought the demo isnt active till September?

PRO Member

Did anybody get their dlc code from amazon yet? I received a code for $10 off a future purchase, which was a nice surprise since I didn't know about that promotion!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I think I'll wait to see if they release half a dozen DLC extras. I'm also a little reluctant to play this looking at the combat system. It remiinds me of Dragon Age, and I'm still trying to fully master that style.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sedition View Post
    I think I'll wait to see if they release half a dozen DLC extras. I'm also a little reluctant to play this looking at the combat system. It remiinds me of Dragon Age, and I'm still trying to fully master that style.
    It reminds you of DRAGON AGE?!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Sedition View Post
    already released stuff on psn for today, probably all the preorder deals, also totally different play style than da, much more action oriented, try the demo, pretty fun actually

Since Aug. 09

have the game...cant play it till the weekend. gotta love 14 hr workdays.

Dominate!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Well, I've seen a few reviews, and they say that the story start off great.

Toggle Spoiler

But after that, it supposedly gets worse and worse, with an anticlimactic ending. Even so, the Pawn system which lets you use characters from other users as party members, and the combat as a whole seem very, very awesome to me. I think I'll wait until the price goes down.

illegal in 9 countries

Can someone explain the appeal of Dragon's Dogma...I'm failing to see it.

Based on the videos posted to date, the graphics look bland, player movement is slow, combat is clunky & lacks impact and the AI is dumb as dogshit.

Given the hook of the game is the pawns, they kinda suck. They just stand there like shop mannequins when foes are right in front of them, which dulls any sense of immersion.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I'm genuinely interested in this game, but it looks like B-Grade garbage and I seem to be missing the point.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Can someone explain the appeal of Dragon's Dogma...I'm failing to see it.

Based on the videos posted to date, the graphics look bland, player movement is slow, combat is clunky & lacks impact and the AI is dumb as dogshit.

Given the hook of the game is the pawns, they kinda suck. They just stand there like shop mannequins when foes are right in front of them, which dulls any sense of immersion.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I'm genuinely interested in this game, but it looks like B-Grade garbage and I seem to be missing the point.
    It is okay to voice your opinion. Well, the reason for my excitement is because it is a refreshing take on the action-RPG genre and while combat may seem slow and clunky, it is the immersive monster battles and online pawn system (where you can use pawns from other players as your party members) as well as huge bosses that draw me in. Not to mention a huge world to explore. If you are both a RPG and Capcom fan, like me, it might be worth your while to check this out! If you do, see you online then. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    It is okay to voice your opinion. Well, the reason for my excitement is because it is a refreshing take on the action-RPG genre and while combat may seem slow and clunky, it is the immersive monster battles and online pawn system (where you can use pawns from other players as your party members) as well as huge bosses that draw me in. Not to mention a huge world to explore. If you are both a RPG and Capcom fan, like me, it might be worth your while to check this out! If you do, see you online then. =3
    Very much these reasons for me as well. The style of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in a massive open world really appeals to me. That's why i know i will really enjoy this game.

Nope, nothing

I just leaked a little!! My copy has just come through the post 2 days early

Oh how I love you shopto.net

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I just leaked a little!! My copy has just come through the post 2 days early

Oh how I love you shopto.net
    Hahahahaha!! That's man!!

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks cocoa. I'm a big RPG fan so I'll buy it eventually and the pawn system does sound intriguing, it just doesn't look that great to play in the videos. I think it's one of those games that is easy to judge as bad without playing, and that's never a good thing.

Those who have bought the game be sure to post feedback to tip the fence-sitters, like me, one way or the other.

KCCO!

I agree with ant. The masses say this game is akin to Demon's/Dark Souls, but I'm not quite seeing it. I think it was more accurately described as a hybrid Dark Souls meets Skyrim. The combat doesn't seem as fluid as the combat in the Souls games, and the amount of useless loot reminds me of Skyrim as well. The only thing that makes it seem similar to Dark Souls is the bosses. It sort of reminds me of Kingdoms of Amalur in a way.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

This game is not like Demon's and Dark Souls, yes, and in my opinion, it is much like the White Knight Chronicles games due to the similarities in the combat system, being slow and methodical. If you like JRPG's, this is right up your alley!

KCCO!

This game is not like Demon's and Dark Souls, yes, and in my opinion, it is much like the White Chronicles games due to the similarities in the combat system, being slow and methodical. If you like JRPG's, this is right up your alley!
    I've never played WKC, and I'm not sure how much I'm into JRPG's since I've never really seemed interested in them.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I've never played WKC, and I'm not sure how much I'm into JRPG's since I've never really seemed interested in them.
    *chuckle* OH, the irony in your statement, haha! Actually, you have already had your fair taste of JRPG's.... in, wait for it.... Demon's/Dark Souls. Hoho. ^o^

KCCO!

*chuckle* OH, the irony in your statement, haha! Actually, you have already had your fair taste of JRPG's.... in, wait for it.... Demon's/Dark Souls. Hoho. ^o^
    Then maybe I'm just not familiar with the whole western vs. JRPG classifications. :stare:

I always considered JRPG's to be more of the turn-based RPG's or games akin to FF. Demon's/Dark Souls seemed more 'western' to me since the combat is more physics-based.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Then maybe I'm just not familiar with the whole western vs. JRPG classifications. :stare:

I always considered JRPG's to be more of the turn-based RPG's or games akin to FF. Demon's/Dark Souls seemed more 'western' to me since the combat is more physics-based.
    Actually, you got a point there! I had not really thought much about comparing western to JRPG types, since I just clump together RPG's made in Japan as JRPG's, and western RPG's being made in the West as just that. But giving it a second thought, true, Demon's/Dark Souls are in the western RPG vein while White Knight Chronicles, FF and Dragon's Dogma are in the JRPG vein.

But yes, this extra, second classification is very confusing at best. I would rather refer to both Souls games and Dragon's Dogma as both JRPG's, for the sake of abstraction. ^^

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast