Yakuza 5 news

This is a discussion on Yakuza 5 news within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; From the last issue of Famitsu comes Yakuza 5 new details, the upcoming free-roaming series produced by Sega for PS3. ...

Abracadaver ;[

Yakuza 5 news

From the last issue of Famitsu comes Yakuza 5 new details, the upcoming free-roaming series produced by Sega for PS3. Yakuza 5 have five characters, and many locations to explore: the magazine confirms Kiyru Kazuma, Shun Akiyama, Taiga Saejima and Haruka Sawamura as playable characters.
    The fifth character is named Tatsuo Shinada, and is a former baseball player relieved because they bet on matches, and harassed by his creditors.
    The story continues after the events of Yakuza 4: Harukaha left Okinawa and moved to Osaka hoping to become an idol. Confident in the talent of his agency, but in truth the company has different plans for the girl. Taiga is in prison serving a sentence of three years. Shun is traveling to Osaka, and Kazuma worked as a taxi driver in Fukuoka. Players will visit Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Fukuoka and Hokkaido. Famitsu also revealed that the game will have the largest number of contents of any other episode of the series. The development team has been working double time on Yakuza 5 to improve the control scheme, and the transition between the exploratory phase and battles.
    It was also confirmed the use of a new graphics engine to achieve the title. Yakuza 5 is expected in Japan in December.

I await your opinions and expectations about this game! see ya in Kamurocho!
    Last edited by kelhtuhzaad; 05-23-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I was hoping they'd have kept Tanimura in the game and make Majima a playable character.

Oh well, at least another Yakuza game is coming out. Can't wait.

Plats-O'-War!!

Really looking forward to this!! I love the Yakuza series!!

Abracadaver ;[

Yeah too bad they have removed Majima,in Yakuza of the end you can not fully enjoy his brilliant madness!
    What really leaves me confused is Haruka as playable char and her fighting style...

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yeah, if Yakuza: Of The End is the last/only game to feature Majima, I'd be sorely disappointed. I really wanted to see what really goes on in that head of his, you know?

And you're right about Haruka. It is very unlikely of Sega to feature her as an actual playable character. If her sections are short and sweet, then I probably won't mind it. Just glad that I can see some progress being made for this game.

Closing this account

As long as the mini-games trophy are like yakuza 4, i shall be the first in line. well try to be.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I have been waiting! While Yakuza: Dead Souls was just a spinoff, and thus I opted not to buy it for the sake of getting other games instead, Yakuza 5 is the real deal. I just hope they do not make the minigames as frustrating as in 3 and 4; the platinum for 3 in particular was so nerve-wracking, haha. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Abracadaver ;[

Well i don't like too much shooting games,but if u take "Dead Souls"just like a spinoff it is enjoiable like the canonics chapters,at least you can always find somethig original and crazy funny in sub quests..
    About the minigames I think it is by now clear the new policy of trophies taken by Sega after Y3,so I do not expect anything stressful;if it were not so we just have to work hard as usual,you know...lol

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Can't wait to play it. Yakuza 5 will probably arrive in America in 2013 or 2014. I am playing Yakuza 4 right now and have yet to play Yakuza: Dead Souls.

Abracadaver ;[

NEW first pictures;

you can find more on the official web site ^^ http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/five/

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

My my, those are some realistic graphics; they really look like living up to their promise of delivering even better graphics for Yakuza 5. ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

wow another yakuza game and it looks sweet ...and you play as haruka ..hmm sure hope Kazuma taught her well lol.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is the series that keeps on ticking despite its small niche in the Western market. I love it.

Abracadaver ;[

[top]Yakuza 5: Haruka Combat

A few additional bits on Yakuza 5 have surfaced from Dengeki PlayStation, which has its first report on the game this week.
    One of the big surprises from last week's announcement was that Haruka, a character who's been part of the series since the first installment, will at last be a playable character, one of the game's five main characters. The question everyone had is, would sweet little Haruka be taking part in street fights with Tokyo (and Nagoya, Sapporo, Osaka and Fukuoka) thugs?
    The answer appears to be no. In an interview, series producer Toshihiro Nagoshi said that Haruka won't be taking part in battles with street thugs. However, she will have a different type of battle element. We're going to have to wait for details.
    The underage Haruka also won't be taking part in the adult play spots, most notably the host club component. However, to make up for this, she will have her own exclusive play spots that Kiryu and the other men won't be able to enjoy.
    Even if Haruka could take part in the host component, she wouldn't get to see digital versions of the girls Sega is currently auditioning to be Miss Yakuza 5. Different from past "audition" promotions, the Miss Yakuza girls are not going to be used as in-game hostesses.
    Incidentally, the five main character thing is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with this being Yakuza 5.
    Also in the interview, Nagoshi mentioned that the game's scenario has two times the volume of Yakuza 4.
    From Adriansang: Yakuza 5: Haruka Combat and Hostess Details -- Andriasang.com

My opinion is that the Haruka section will be as the game [email protected]

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

PRO Member

Hmm interesting I'm liking ever new detail I hear about this game.