25th Anniversary Street Fighter Collector’s Edition Announced

This is a discussion on 25th Anniversary Street Fighter Collector’s Edition Announced within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Capcom has announced a massive new collector’s edition set in honor of the 25th anniversary of Street Fighter. Set to ...

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

25th Anniversary Street Fighter Collector’s Edition Announced

Capcom has announced a massive new collector’s edition set in honor of the 25th anniversary of Street Fighter. Set to launch on September 18th for Xbox 360 and PS3, the 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set includes Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition, Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Street Fighter X Tekken. All costume DLC is included for Street Fighter IV along with all character and Swap Costume DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken.

The set will also include an eleven disc soundtrack filled with Street Fighter music spanning the last twenty-five years. In addition, a two disc Blu-Ray set will feature a documentary covering the franchise, Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV anime films, all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. A 64-page art book, eight inch light-up Ryu statue, full-size Ryu martial arts belt and certificate of authenticity are also included.

The 25th Anniversary Collector’s Set will be available for $149.99 and kicks off Capcom’s celebration of the Street Fighter franchise.

Source: Massive Street Fighter Collector

-----

i think ill wait for the collectors edition of this

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

An old-fashioned cowboy

I'll wait for the 30th anniversary. Although that Ryu is

So do Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition come on a disc or do you get a download voucher for them.

Plats-O'-War!!

Wow, this looks good. I don't think I'll be getting it though.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Wow, this looks good. I don't think I'll be getting it though.
    exactly.wait for the real collectors edition like i am

All out of bubblegum.....

Wait, I'm confused... so you are or are not getting this? You say this is the Collectors edition, but then say you're going to wait for the real one? I want to get this, but if there is a better one coming out.... please fill me in bro!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    Wait, I'm confused... so you are or are not getting this? You say this is the Collectors edition, but then say you're going to wait for the real one? I want to get this, but if there is a better one coming out.... please fill me in bro!
    its a running joke with capcom games. what capcom does is that they release a game and then a year later they reale the game with more shit and at a lower price. thats the edition you want.

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    its a running joke with capcom games. what capcom does is that they release a game and then a year later they reale the game with more shit and at a lower price. thats the edition you want.
    big duh for me. I followed the link you put on there, and saw the posts on the joke. Yeah, that is pretty crappy on Capcoms part. With that said, one of those guys did bring up a good point... a Megaman Mega Collection... I would shell out some serious dough for that, IF it included the Legends games and at least the original MMX game.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 1 - Bronze

They should've included a Blu-Ray that includes all the major Street Fighter games on it, and even some of the Vs. series (ie. MvC series, X-men vs. Street Fighter etc).
    The fact that the majority of the discs in that set are the OST discs, seems like Capcom took the easy way out. It's easy to just make a disc and chuck on relevant songs pertaining to a certain theme (in this case, songs from the same game).

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Supposed Cynic View Post
    They should've included a Blu-Ray that includes all the major Street Fighter games on it, and even some of the Vs. series (ie. MvC series, X-men vs. Street Fighter etc).
    The fact that the majority of the discs in that set are the OST discs, seems like Capcom took the easy way out. It's easy to just make a disc and chuck on relevant songs pertaining to a certain theme (in this case, songs from the same game).
    Knowing Capcom, they may come out with another version of this with a ton of missing content that should've been included in this one.

Prayer Warrior

looks cool but like everyone else in this thread i'll wait for a year down the road and get the "real" collectors edition that should have been released in the first place.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    looks cool but like everyone else in this thread i'll wait for a year down the road and get the "real" collectors edition that should have been released in the first place.
    There won't be a 'real' collectors edition Street Fighter does this every 5 years....

Lvl 9 - Gold

As excellent as this set looks, and as huge a SF fan as I am, I don't think I'll be picking this up, if for no other reason than I already have the SF2, 3 & 4 games as it is. And did Capcom really have to plaster Ryu's face on EVERY single surface in the box? Of the 11 music discs, he's on 9 of them, for crying out loud! And they're even reusing the same artwork for multiple discs - this is really cheap of Capcom; they should definitely have used a different character for each disc. Ryu is also on the art book, on the box logo (which is probably fair enough though; he is SF's poster boy after all), and on the Blu-Ray discs and cover......... how about some Chun-Li art? Or Bison, Akuma, Guile, Ken, Sakura...........

Anyway, like I said, it's certainly an impressive package, and it would look great among any game collection, but I very much doubt I'll be buying it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    As excellent as this set looks, and as huge a SF fan as I am, I don't think I'll be picking this up, if for no other reason than I already have the SF2, 3 & 4 games as it is. And did Capcom really have to plaster Ryu's face on EVERY single surface in the box? Of the 11 music discs, he's on 9 of them, for crying out loud! And they're even reusing the same artwork for multiple discs - this is really cheap of Capcom; they should definitely have used a different character for each disc. Ryu is also on the art book, on the box logo (which is probably fair enough though; he is SF's poster boy after all), and on the Blu-Ray discs and cover......... how about some Chun-Li art? Or Bison, Akuma, Guile, Ken, Sakura...........

Anyway, like I said, it's certainly an impressive package, and it would look great among any game collection, but I very much doubt I'll be buying it.
    I agree. As much of a collector I am (and I'm a sucker for special editions), I very much doubt that I'll be getting this as well.

Platinum Procrastinator

I'll probably pick this up as it'll be something cool to have in a video game collection.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Buy my book, Alteration

Hmm, I feel like I'm gonna end up getting it, even though I'm not that big of a Street Fighter fan. Still a decent collection, though.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

I'll be waiting as you pointed out ' the REAL collector's edition" since capcom has a HUGE bad habit of releasing better versions of it later on just to make more money.

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

PRO Member

Hmm gotta get me one of those!

PRO Member

Jeebus. Who's that character on like EVERYTHING? This looks good, but if there is a "real" one that is coming out, I'll will just wait

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm getting this for sure.

Lvl 9 - Gold

The only things worth anything here is the OST collection (they go for hefty sums) and the Ryu figure. All the games can be acquired for less than 50$.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box