Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Demon/Dark souls questions

This is a discussion on Demon/Dark souls questions within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i've been hearing alot about demons souls and dark souls lately, and i know absolutely nothing about them. i have ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Demon/Dark souls questions

i've been hearing alot about demons souls and dark souls lately, and i know absolutely nothing about them.

i have some questions:
    which comes first, demon or dark?
    is it really THAT hard?
    what is the gameplay like (rpg, action adventure, etc.)?
    and what is the story about?

thanks.

Awesome sig and avy by JakeSS14

Lord of all Goat-Men

Demon's Souls came first. Dark Souls is not a direct sequel.
    They're slow paced RPGs, and they're quite difficult.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Best ps3 has to offer.

Demon's Souls was released in 2009 and Dark Souls in 2011. Dark Fantasy action RPG's almost same gameplay for both games.

P.S.

Its a real shame that US servers of Demon's Souls are going offline this month, you can still buy the EU and Asian versions if you want to enjoy the multiplayer experience.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post
    is it really THAT hard?
    Here's just a taste of what it's like playing for about an hour your first time:

In all seriousness, they are hard, but they are made harder, IF you don't play carefully. You can't just run through a mob of enemies and expect to come out on top. You need to asses certain situations and play like your life actually matters.

I'm not all that familiar with Demon's Souls story, so I'll leave that to the DeS veterans.

I'm too lazy and I can't put it into words very well, but here's a basic plot wikipedia:

In the founding of the universe, the earth was unformed, covered in crags, and dragons held sole dominion over the world. However, The Lords of Fire along with the human race eventually came into existence for reasons long lost to time. From the Dark, which gained meaning in contrast to Light from the newly kindled flame, emerged four powerful entities--Nito, the first of the dead; the Witch of Izalith and her daughters of chaos; Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights; and the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten--who harnessed the Souls of Lords to combat the dragons, eventually overthrowing them and launching humanity and their new lordly gods into a golden era known as the Age of Fire.

The player character is an Undead, who has yet to become Hollow. The protagonist escapes from the northern Undead Asylum with the help of another Undead and learns of the prophecy concerning a chosen Undead who leaves the Undead Asylum in pilgrimage and rings the two Bells of Awakening in the land of the ancient lords, Lordran.
    Also a word of warning, be careful when you start playing, you'll be heavily addicted. I mean look at me for fucks sake.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yup its pretty hard but the real challenge starts in the new game +
    A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

which one should i play first?

дурак

It depends on you.

Dark Souls is not a direct sequel to Demon's Souls. So you won't miss anything plot wise, if you go with Dark Souls first.

Demon's Souls' North American severs are going down in one week however. It won't stop you from getting the Platinum, but it will make boosting impossible. So if that matters to you, than you might want to take that into consideration.

Dark Souls is still thriving with a community, so anything you want to boost is there for you. But other than that, it's up to you.

The other thing is Demon's Souls is considered easier than Dark Souls. Which for the most part is correct. So if you just want a taste for it, before you try the Souls series further, I'd go with that.
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

You will die... a lot.
    But they're both awesome games. Steep level of learning is required, but a lot of helpful sites and people out there.
    EpicNameBro on youtube, has awesome walkthrough videos for Dark Souls, and has a Lore series, explaining all about the game; who the main characters are, how they're all linked, what the covenants are.. there's about 3 hours explaining them all
    Dark Souls is probably my favourite platinum aswel

Nope, nothing

The games are those rare ones that everyone needs to play and experience it for themselves, seriously. Just go and buy both and play them back to back.... but you will die a hell of a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Aexuz View Post

Great Trailers

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    It depends on you.

Dark Souls is not a direct sequel to Demon's Souls. So you won't miss anything plot wise, if you go with Dark Souls first.

Demon's Souls' North American severs are going down in one week however. It won't stop you from getting the Platinum, but it will make boosting impossible. So if that matters to you, than you might want to take that into consideration.

Dark Souls is still thriving with a community, so anything you want to boost is there for you. But other than that, it's up to you.

The other thing is Demon's Souls is considered easier than Dark Souls. Which for the most part is correct. So if you just want a taste for it, before you try the Souls series further, I'd go with that.
    I second all of the above lol. It would be best to start off with demon souls just to get to grips with the controlls and the way the game plays b4 taking on the very annoying Dark Souls. If you manage to get the EU version then i'll more than prob be hearing from you on the boosting page soon lol. Oh yea before you buy it just know that you will die and die and die again don't game rage we all had to go through it on our 1st playthrough .

Sig by: DaRe_xLw Avy by: Dsluckay

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    The games are those rare ones that everyone needs to play and experience it for themselves, seriously. Just go and buy both and play them back to back.... but you will die a hell of a lot!
    Don't forget the whole breaking a controller every once and a while thing.

Plats-O'-War!!

I can vouch for this. I started playing Demon's Souls a while ago. I will say that you really need to play it. Even thought I don't have a single trophy for it yet, it's a must play for the PS3!!

All out of bubblegum.....

Wow, i'm in the same boat as Nimlex, and I've seen the first one at Gamestop for like 20 bucks a few times... but passed it over... I guess I'll be trying it here soon when i use my buy 2 get one free used game coupon. Nice comments/reviews!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 10 - Platinum

havent gotten around to dark souls yet but i dont believe demons souls is as difficult as people say, sure enemies are strong and can sometimes one hit kill you but if you are careful and actually learn from each death you will find it to be fairly easy and predictable since enemies are almost always in the same place with the same attack patterns, subsequent playthroughs actually got progressively easier for me since you already know the level layouts and what to expect around each corner, bosses are fairly epic in nature and do require strategy to survive, especially in later playthroughs but almost every boss has a weakness that can be exploited for an easy win, some bosses cant reach you in certain places so you can abuse that by popping out to hit them and then retreating to a safe area to whittle them down, you might need to change up your play style for other bosses depending on how you play since some strategies are easier than others but if you really cant get past an area you can always level yourself or try another level, definitely recommend demons souls since itll keep you busy for 100 hours or so and is fairly cheap at this point

Lvl 6 - Silver

How does this compare in terms of difficulty to NGS2? I like the look of these games, but if it's any harder than NGS2 I might as well not bother... fuck you master ninja and especially fuck you zedonious
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 9 - Gold

i've been hearing alot about demons souls and dark souls lately, and i know absolutely nothing about them.

i have some questions:
    is it really THAT hard?

thanks.
    Question 1 - what the others said, DS and then DKS

Question 2 - depends, is hard, no denying, the question should be, is the challenge something I can overcome? My lil bro, playing games since 3 couldnīt get ring the first bell in Dark Souls. So how dedicated are you to be a man?

Question 2 - RPG with real time combat, mm something in style with Twillight Princess for the Wi. Strafing, be patient, read your opponents and then strikei. DS has less "adventure" feel than DKS. DKS never let you down with discovering something new.

Question 3 - Is a story about you being badass and getting up after being raped again, again, again , again and again by the freakiest monsters ever.

In all seriousness, the story is awesome. The story is not going to be "thrown" at you. The more you invest in the world the more you get rewarded, gameplay wise and story wise.

Everything tells the story, the items, the weapons, the armors ,the dungeons, the monsters, the bosses and the environment.

You will enjoy it if you can rise up after being taking from behind unwillingly:

I loved every moment in both games, except traversing a swamp with itīs denizens being natured by a ladies PMS and coming outta her womb...................................
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They're not really hard, you just have to know your enemy's moves and take it slowly, rushing in the game will definitely get you killed.

Lvl 8 - Gold

i have some questions:
    is it really THAT hard?

thanks.
    Dude... do you know how to use the computer? Its really good for researching dumb questions rather than showing everyone on the forum how dumb you are.

Demon souls came first, which would be obvious if you researched the release date of the game titles.
    If you went on youtube, you would see game play footage of these games, which isnt hard to do
    It is hard for me personally, but then again i am not into that type of game. Others find it easy and enjoyable, mostly because thats the types of games they like

Either your not good with a computer or lazy. Which one is it?

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    How does this compare in terms of difficulty to NGS2? I like the look of these games, but if it's any harder than NGS2 I might as well not bother... fuck you master ninja and especially fuck you zedonious
    NGS2 is much, much, MUCH more difficult. The Souls games are over hyped in terms of difficulty.

i have some questions:
    which comes first, demon or dark? Demon
    is it really THAT hard? Not really. Parts of both can be a bit tough, but overall no.
    what is the gameplay like (rpg, action adventure, etc.)? rpg/hack n slash
    and what is the story about? Chris answered perfectly.
    And imo this is how the difficulty is. Demon's Souls is much harder your first time through and gets subsequently easier with ng+, ng++, etc. Dark Souls is easy your first time through ad gets substantially harder with every ng+. But again, they're not THAT hard.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    Either your not good with a computer or lazy. Which one is it?
    so... i'm not allowed to ask any questions on a website for video games?
    i shouldn't even begin to flame, so i won't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast