Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone Else Do This?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Do This? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Crealkllr I am pretty sure your joking... There was no insult from the person you was quoting. ...

Grandmasterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post

I am pretty sure your joking...
    There was no insult from the person you was quoting. If anything, they just labeled your group, which you admit to being in.

You do realize he was joking... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Wtf is a pps syndrom
    Perfect Platinum Streak Syndrome. It means you plat all the games on your account.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by muff diver View Post
    my friend thinks i'm weird because i do this. I have two accounts on my ps3. The first is my primary account (which is the account under my name here), and then i have a secondary account i set-up specifically for renting games or games that i want to play and not worry about trophies.

The point being my primary account is where i focus on games where i know it's practical for me to earn the platinum, because it bugs me to leave games in any sort of unfinished state; be it a platinum or 100%-ing it.

Which is why i created my alternate account so i can still enjoy playing games from gamefly but not have those games affect my completion rate. To me, a person's completion rate says more than their total trophy count; quality vs. Quantity, if you will. My friend thinks i'm weird because of this and tells me it doesn't matter--and i agree with him because at the end of the day it doesn't mean anything--but to me personally it means something.

So does anyone else here do this as well?
    my gaming buddy has this as well and i actually thought it was him writing the thread until i saw the psn id, lol! Every word you said is exactly what he has told me. The difference is, that he already has some "0%" & "no-plat" games in his main account, so he created the secondary account to avoiud this from happening again.

I have the "to each its own" state of mind in this matter, but in my case, i do have a secondary account that i dont use (it came in handy for getting 2 more additional free games in the power outage from sony and also for "people person" trophy in dead island to help boost with my buddy), but i use my main account for all rented and borrowed and everything else gaming. I do agree with "quality over quantity" big-time, but to remediate that, i make sure every game i play, i go for the plat...i only go for 100% on games i really like and then i go for the dlc trophies, but if i dont like the game, i still try to plat it, but dont worry for dlc trophies (like resident evil raccoon city ops, and other games that i plat & 100%, then i traded-in and then dlc trophies came out, so i dont have the 100%, like mw3 and black ops, etc).

But i dont think your technique (and my buddy's) is weird. I like to see my mistakes and having an account just to plat/100% after trying on alt account is like lying to myself as to how have i dont with my game completions, but again. "to each its own", lol!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    no, your not weird. But, i don't do it. I'm happy with my one lone account. Or not, i play just to play. If i don't like the game, and the stats show zero on my trophy list, it serves as a reminder of why i didn't do anything in that game. Just my opinion
    exactly right!!!!

PRO Member

I don't think it's weird but it isn't something that I would do personally. I have a ton of games that don't have the or 100% but I don't mind. I personally play the game for the game first and then go back for the trophies if I haven't gotten them.

That Southern B****

You're not alone. Lots of people do it too. I don't as I just don't care. I have a second account but it is mainly for my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Wtf is a pps syndrom
    Perfect Plat Streak Syndrom
    Last edited by Coug; 05-25-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: <-Spelling Noob
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Abracadaver ;[

yeah i was thinking about this few weeks ago but i ruined my account long time ago when a friend lent me Damnation (horrible in my opinion, I could never get to work on something I detest )and anyway I do not care to have the perfect profile..i just play ,if i like the game i'll go 4 plat...
    but certainly understand your point of view,and if this is one of your goals you are right to do it!

Toggle Spoiler

Necromancer's holidays

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    nope cant say I do

I just try to platinum every game that I own, but if something is beyond my skill level ill move on and not care that it isn't 100%
    I agree with this - I've been fortunate enough to be able to platinum the majority of games on my account, but there are some in there that I know I'll never, ever platinum. And I'm okay with that. It honestly doesn't bother me - I just accept that some games are beyond my abilities, and leave it at that. I see no need to create a second account to try games out first, but I also don't find it strange why other gamers might do this. I understand the reasoning behind it, even if I don't see the need to do it myself.

Since Aug. 09

i kinda find that odd as well. do you seriously care what other people think of your trophy list? sorry thats very weird to me.

Dominate!

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    i kinda find that odd as well. do you seriously care what other people think of your trophy list? sorry thats very weird to me.
    Agreed. I could care less about what people think of my trophies. i play the game and trophies are secondary or third nature...if i platinum, ok, if not, whatever.

Your trophy list or completion rate should not define you as a gamer. I'd rather be high in a games leaderboard than sucky and with a platinum. Just my opinion of course...to each their own.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    Agreed. I could care less about what people think of my trophies. i play the game and trophies are secondary or third nature...if i platinum, ok, if not, whatever.

Your trophy list or completion rate should not define you as a gamer. I'd rather be high in a games leaderboard than sucky and with a platinum. Just my opinion of course...to each their own.
    its one thing to be insecure with yourself...your on a whole different level to be insecure with your trophies.

Dominate!

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Yup that is weird. Who cares what is on your account. I would love to be PPS but that is never going to happen, so instead I just enjoy playing the games I have and work towards completing the games I have played.
    Same here, if I had started doing this a long time ago, I could have a perfect platinum streak by saving me from such tedious platinums as Warhawk, Lost Planet 2 and MAG. So since I know I can not ever have a PPS now (Let alone those games, but closed servers for my incomplete NHL 10) it truly is impossible, so I really do not care. But I don't think it is weird at all.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yea its kinda wierd... I wish it was more like xbox where your friends could get trophies if your playing co-op offline...
    Or for online if you didn't like your name or wanted to only play a new account ( since they are free ) on like a shooter and rank it up then it wouldn't be wierd.

But id just say dont worryabout it too much.. only you will really look at your trophies a lot... but its not too strange

PRO Member

I started my current account because I forgot the password for my old account and no longer have the email address it's registered to. Had intended to keep this new account at all 100%/Plat, but that didn't last long.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Yup that is weird. Who cares what is on your account. I would love to be PPS but that is never going to happen, so instead I just enjoy playing the games I have and work towards completing the games I have played.
    Exactly the same for me. I don't care if i can or can't get the platinum ill play the game regardless of the difficulty & if i don't like the game ill leave it at 0%. That's why my completion % is hovering around 52%.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Wow, I wasn't expecting this many civil answers. Thank you. It's refreshing to be able to read through an entire thread without any trolls or assholes. So thank you for that (even if some of you think I'm weird).

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    No, I don't care what other people think of my trophies. I said at the end it's my own personal thing I have going on. I like the satisfaction of seeing all the games I've completed and I get OCD when it comes to not completing something, even though I don't have OCD when it comes to real life stuff. That's the whole reason achievements and trophies have become such a big deal and have changed the gaming world forever.

And what's this about a PPS club? For real? How do I join?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No i dont. I was thinking of it When i started to Get in to trophies, But i got so many games, so i gave it up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12