Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Else Do This?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Do This? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My friend thinks I'm weird because I do this. I have two accounts on my PS3. The first is my ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Anyone Else Do This?

My friend thinks I'm weird because I do this. I have two accounts on my PS3. The first is my primary account (which is the account under my name here), and then I have a secondary account I set-up specifically for renting games or games that I want to play and not worry about trophies.

The point being my primary account is where I focus on games where I know it's practical for me to earn the platinum, because it bugs me to leave games in any sort of unfinished state; be it a platinum or 100%-ing it.

Which is why I created my alternate account so I can still enjoy playing games from GameFly but not have those games affect my completion rate. To me, a person's completion rate says more than their total trophy count; quality vs. quantity, if you will. My friend thinks I'm weird because of this and tells me it doesn't matter--and I agree with him because at the end of the day it doesn't mean anything--but to me personally it means something.

So does anyone else here do this as well?

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

your not weird, i do it too. it is possible for me to platinum or 100% every game i have on my trophy list. games with hard trophy lists or tedious lists get played on a different account

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Death is Awaiting....

I just started doing that actually.. maybe 3-4 months ago.

Sig by Achantion

Stay golden, Ponyboy

I would start a new account to do this if I didn't have some hard trophies on this account. I just gave up and started not caring about what games are on my account
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Resident PHD

Yup that is weird. Who cares what is on your account. I would love to be PPS but that is never going to happen, so instead I just enjoy playing the games I have and work towards completing the games I have played.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Im not worried about my completion rate, if I like the game alot I will do everything the game has to offer regardless of trophies.

Sig by JakeSS14

illegal in 9 countries

I don't do it myself, but I wish I had.

Half the games on my trophy list are "pop it in for a minute to see what it's like" entries and games I play with my kids that I should have banged into an alt PSN id to keep my profile clean.

Too late now, but if I could reset my PSN id back to zero trophies to keep the name, I probably would.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I also do this although it's mostly for my girl or any friends that want to game on my system so that they don't eff up my own trophy account.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Muff Diver View Post
    My friend thinks I'm weird because I do this. I have two accounts on my PS3. The first is my primary account (which is the account under my name here), and then I have a secondary account I set-up specifically for renting games or games that I want to play and not worry about trophies.

The point being my primary account is where I focus on games where I know it's practical for me to earn the platinum, because it bugs me to leave games in any sort of unfinished state; be it a platinum or 100%-ing it.

Which is why I created my alternate account so I can still enjoy playing games from GameFly but not have those games affect my completion rate. To me, a person's completion rate says more than their total trophy count; quality vs. quantity, if you will. My friend thinks I'm weird because of this and tells me it doesn't matter--and I agree with him because at the end of the day it doesn't mean anything--but to me personally it means something.

So does anyone else here do this as well?
    At first i was going to agree that i do that too, then i read how your a completionist, and laughed at you

There is nothing wrong with being a compleltionist, as its your own personal goal. I disagree with your "quality vs quantity" idea since not 100% a game is a stupid reason to hide if from being put on your main account's record. Your not weird, as i can see many people doing this, but i dont know why thats the reason you would do such a thing

I could see you dont want people to know you played hannah montana, although i dont know why it would embarrass you. Anyway, good luck with your situation. Being ashamed is what i find weird.

Galaxy beauty pirate

It's called the PPS syndrome.. There are more people like you though and there's a PPS group as well.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I do it too. I have many accounts (mainly for different regions). But I use my US account as my sacrificial lamb so to speak. I didn't do it at first, that's why I have some 0% PSN games on my main. Nowadays all games I play have a test run on my alternate account to see if I would enjoy it and if could be bothered to plat. Also if friends come over and want to play games, I also use my junkyard account. I have quite a few trophies on it already, but I don't want that clutter on my already cluttered main.

PRO Member

I understand what you mean. I wish to god I hadn't started Gran Turismo 5 because that game is so difficult to trophy and it looks bad on my account, even though I did try lol.... But I don't do it, I just pick games that I like and then try and plat em'

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    It's called the PPS syndrome.. There are more people like you though and there's a PPS group as well.
    dont insult my posse

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    dont insult my posse

I am pretty sure your joking...
    There was no insult from the person you was quoting. If anything, they just labeled your group, which you admit to being in.

Random Access Memories

Nope. I have another account for my GF, but she plays on my account too. It doesn't really matter that much to me because I feel that it limits you to just one game at a time. As long as you are enjoying your games, doesn't matter what you do.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Mr. 70 Plats

No, your not weird. But, I don't do it. I'm happy with my one lone account. or not, I play just to play. If I don't like the game, and the stats show zero on my trophy list, it serves as a reminder of why I didn't do anything in that game. Just my opinion

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Not weird, but I don't do it either. I don't really care about completion rate as long as the games are good.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post

I am pretty sure your joking...
    There was no insult from the person you was quoting. If anything, they just labeled your group, which you admit to being in.
    the emoticon would imply that im joking

PRO Member

nope cant say I do

I just try to platinum every game that I own, but if something is beyond my skill level ill move on and not care that it isn't 100%

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

Rainbow in the dark

Wtf is a pps syndrom
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast