Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sony Patents Way to interrupt Gameplay with Advertisements

This is a discussion on Sony Patents Way to interrupt Gameplay with Advertisements within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Crealkllr "lets give those who dont exercise (gamers) ads for sugar water!" ...wait...there's water in soda? Fuck ...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    "lets give those who dont exercise (gamers) ads for sugar water!"
    ...wait...there's water in soda?

Fuck this, I'm switching to syrup.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    wow ps360 you never miss a chance to shove it up the butt of sony and suck off nintendo do you. i bet you come across all sorts of articles like this for the 360 but you just take it with a grain of salt and go on. i get so sick and tired of your bias posting and have come to roll my eyes every time i see your name.

this is never going to happen. sony isn't stupid.
    Chill out man, don't let it get through to you . If it bothers you that much, don't check his threads.

And Sony has made some very stupid decisions in the past. Just look at that Dildo they call the Move lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Where do they find the masterminds that come up with these genius ideas?
    They probably hire ex-Activision employees .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Ghost Assassin

Great idea Sony! Piss off all your customers and cause a massive loss of revenue when the customers get tired of the ads. If they use it, they won't gain anything and if they don't use it, then what was the whole point of patenting it

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    Great idea Sony! Piss off all your customers and cause a massive loss of revenue when the customers get tired of the ads. If they use it, they won't gain anything and if they don't use it, then what was the whole point of patenting it
    Sony... you disappoint me so much. Even if this is a rumor, i cant look at you the same way anymore.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well this is really stupid. I hope this doesn't happen I'd hate to be in the middle of a fight and then it cuts out and puts the ad on, then have to start again.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Seriously, its stuff like this. That has me so close to quitting gaming. I (for one) do not, I reiterate do not want ads interrupting my games. If I am paying $60 for a game. My game experience should not be interrupted. I am fine with in game product placement but when the game is actually stopped so a company can sell me something. Well, thats where the line is drawn. If this a feature that ends up in the PlayStation 4 or even yet through a update on the PS3. I am done with Sony.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Rumor is that Sony is going to have a streaming rental service, much like a Netflix for games, so this software will probably be utilized in that fashion. That's the only way they'll ever use this. You guys can drop the pitchforks and douse the torches lol.

If they ever tried to do it during a game I've paid retail price for, I will show up at the corporate office and sodomize somebody with their own stapler. However, I would bet my house that they won't ever implement this into games you own outright.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    Rumor is that Sony is going to have a streaming rental service, much like a Netflix for games, so this software will probably be utilized in that fashion. That's the only way they'll ever use this. You guys can drop the pitchforks and douse the torches lol.

If they ever tried to do it during a game I've paid retail price for, I will show up at the corporate office and sodomize somebody with their own stapler. However, I would bet my house that they won't ever implement this into games you own outright.
    LOL i agree its a rumor

But i wouldnt go ahead and bet anything. This is the internet, and it will record your bet and the house ALWAYS wins.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I Think that "Penis" is enough to describe this

PRO Member

Don't they realize we play games to enjoy it not to watch adds...damn I hope this don't happen!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It surely can't be true coz this would surely kill off the Ps3 as no one will be interested in buying sony games if you get a stupid ad while playing. I hate the damn ads while watching tv so i certainly wont be happy.

Synthwave <3

I don't think this will happen bc if it did Sony would have a lot of angry gamers and probably lose a lot of money with a decision like that.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Administrator

Probably did this so Microsoft can't?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Breakpoint View Post
    Probably did this so Microsoft can't?
    Microsoft can always come up with a different way to interrupt gameplay with advertisements, though.

We'll jsut have to wait and see what Sony's real motives are.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Harvester of Souls

The day gaming died...

*Jumps off Nexus for rest of eternity*

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123