Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FFXII-2 to be Revealed Soon

This is a discussion on FFXII-2 to be Revealed Soon within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Square no longer listens to what the people want. If they did they would of started working on an HD ...

Platinum Procrastinator

Square no longer listens to what the people want. If they did they would of started working on an HD remake of FFVII after the the people begged for it when they showed off the small video when the PS3 first launched.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Sinner and Saint

Oh what I wouldn't give to have the power to just instakill franchises. You could all wave bye bye to Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, Resident Evil {after 6}(For every good one there's one that's pure shit), Call of Duty {after BO2}, and any other franchise I'm missing that produces sequel after sequel or spin off after spin off. There needs to be more original games. I understand why there isn't but for fucks sake I feel like there are 2000 Dynasty Warrior games and another 2000 Final Fantasies.......when will the last fantasy finally get here?

worlds biggest welch fan

they be on a sequel mission after sequel.

if its better then the previous Ill jam.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

PRO Member

I'm going to take a different view than most people here and say I would enjoy a sequel/remake of Final Fantasy XII. It's one I "got" more than most people even want to.
    If this is confirmed, I will impatiently wait (Big Balthier fan, you understand). Of course, I will cringe at a possible "Beat Yiazmat" trophy.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

worlds biggest welch fan

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Square no longer listens to what the people want. If they did they would of started working on an HD remake of FFVII after the the people begged for it when they showed off the small video when the PS3 first launched.

that video totally fucked with our gaming minds.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Dear Square Enix,

Kingdom Hearts III.

Sincerley,

EVERYBODY.
    This. But sadly we won't see the light of KH3 unless Nomura and his team is done and announces a release date for Versus XIII

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Mr. X

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    Oh what I wouldn't give to have the power to just instakill franchises. You could all wave bye bye to Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, Resident Evil {after 6}(For every good one there's one that's pure shit), Call of Duty {after BO2}, and any other franchise I'm missing that produces sequel after sequel or spin off after spin off. There needs to be more original games. I understand why there isn't but for fucks sake I feel like there are 2000 Dynasty Warrior games and another 2000 Final Fantasies.......when will the last fantasy finally get here?
    To be fair at least games like Final fantasy and Resident Evil aren't churned out year after year. They've withstood because the companies make brilliant games. Final Fantasy aren't direct sequels either so it's a slight bit different. I agree with you on the COD thing though, every single year like clock work another one is released destroying videogames ever so slightly more.

Back on topic, the more I think about this the more the idea grows on me. If they keep the system from XII then at least we know that it's going to be more engaging than running down a hall and pressing X.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

To play devil's advocate here, despite having my own reservations, I don't think this is as bad of an idea as people are saying it could be. Final Fantasy XII is one of the higher received critically, adaptations of the series and did offer some unique game play elements. A game like Xenoblade Chronicles has recently been globally released with lots of acclaim, and for anybody who has played the title will see that there are a lot of parallels with the framework and structure of both titles, and considering how starving the JRPG fanbase is for titles more among the ilk of those games, it doesn't exactly seem overly far fetched to attempt a sequel with a similar concept with the added Square Enix flair that the company has that has beloved it's fan base to their titles for decades.

Now I don't see how it feasibly possible for their "main" development team to work on this title along, with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and the Final Fantasy X HD release, which both have been openly admitted to being projects currently under development by the main development team. Now if this is the case, hopefully this means that Square Enix has assembled a secondary group that they are will to trust with their big name franchises (something that the company has been quite skeptical of since the major fiasco that was Final Fantasy XIV that resulted in them axing the entire team responsible).

So ask yourself, from a business standpoint - if you were creating another major developmental team from within, would you feel comfortable giving them a project as huge in expectations as something like a Final Fantasy VII remake would have from everybody and that type of pressure on a relatively new development team? It makes a lot more sense to give them a lesser project (although any Final Fantasy spin-off is a major project in it's own right) to see what the team is capable of before simply giving them the keys to dad's car.

If you were to of asked me a year ago if a Final Fantasy VII remake were likely to happen, I probably wouldn't have given it higher than 3 to 1 odds of happening, but if this leak turns out to be true, and the sales pan out for a Final Fantasy XII-2 title, I would think that it would be a near inevitable future project to see that Final Fantasy VII remake eventually come to fruition some point down the road, especially if Square Enix has assembled two main teams at this point to work on console development - which is something I, personally, have been clamoring for a while from Square Enix. So you might want to hold off on the raging of the announcement, and see this as another huge step in VII getting the remake treatment.

So if this holds out to a factual leak, and is something that a second major development team is working on, and also ends up turning into a game that is as good as the titles that inspired it, there is only good to come from Square Enix in the future if this all pans out.

---

But hey, if you wanna wish for more ill will and negativity for game developers and wishing some much bad things upon on an already struggling industry trying to stay afloat in an unstable future, particularly in the console market - we might as well just go and burn our systems and declare every announcement as doom and gloom for the companies that announce them. I'm sure that a lot of the people grabbing their pitchforks and screaming bloody murder are going to be there to buy these titles anyways (trust me, the sales for Final Fantasy XIII-2 told me how hypocritical a lot of SE's fan base can be). So I don't really take all that much value for those who talk one way, but end up finding the game in their grasps somehow, despite how loudly they pronounce their against Square Enix and only want enter Final Fantasy [number here] remake or Kingdom Hearts III.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 6 - Silver

I remember reading about project fortress, wonder if these are related.. I think that that project had been canceled

Lvl 6 - Silver

I never played FF12 so I'll pass if it's really true. I don't mind it succeding because Square won't go out of business and then there's still a ray of hope KH3 will happen. I love Square for a lot of the games they've developed but I do sometimes wonder what goes on in their offices. Why do they like to play with the fans' minds so much? Eventually even the diehard fans will turn elsewhere if it keeps up.

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    To be fair at least games like Final fantasy and Resident Evil aren't churned out year after year. They've withstood because the companies make brilliant games. Final Fantasy aren't direct sequels either so it's a slight bit different. I agree with you on the COD thing though, every single year like clock work another one is released destroying videogames ever so slightly more.

Back on topic, the more I think about this the more the idea grows on me. If they keep the system from XII then at least we know that it's going to be more engaging than running down a hall and pressing X.
    Okay, I'll give you that Final Fantasy isn't really the same game......maybe they should just quit using the title Final Fantasy then. But I won't give you that they don't churn out them year after year. For some console or another Resident Evil has been a yearly thing since 96 with sometimes multiple release in the same year, the only exception coming in 2008 when no RE game came out on the market. Final Fantasy is even worse as far as games stamped with the Final Fantasy name, there have been like 14 just with numbers since 87'!!!! That's not including all of the -2's, tactics, legend, spinoffs like the chocobo series, etc. I just don't think ANY game needs 20 installments is all.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    But hey, if you wanna wish for more ill will and negativity for game developers and wishing some much bad things upon on an already struggling industry trying to stay afloat in an unstable future, particularly in the console market - we might as well just go and burn our systems and declare every announcement as doom and gloom for the companies that announce them. I'm sure that a lot of the people grabbing their pitchforks and screaming bloody murder are going to be there to buy these titles anyways (trust me, the sales for Final Fantasy XIII-2 told me how hypocritical a lot of SE's fan base can be). So I don't really take all that much value for those who talk one way, but end up finding the game in their grasps somehow, despite how loudly they pronounce their against Square Enix and only want enter Final Fantasy [number here] remake or Kingdom Hearts III.
    Very rarely have I played an FF game that I liked. Hell I played both FFX and FFVII, and to be honest, they are horrid. So no, I will not buy FFXII-2. I just want my GODDAMN Kingdom Hearts III. After that, I won't be "screaming bloody murder"
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Rainbow in the dark

Lets all cut the bullshit right here and tell everyone what we really want... FF 8-2 or a remake of the original at least.. WHO IS WITH ME!!!
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Kiwi Defender

Trains, did you read the article? In case you didn't know, Revenant Wings is a direct sequel for FFXII released for the DS, meaning that would be FFXII-2 and this new game would be FFXII-3, so you might as well fix the thread's title lol.

Either way, I'm not really looking forward to it like I am to other games, but I'll definitely check it out when pssible, for FFXII is one of the best FFs ever relased.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    Lets all cut the bullshit right here and tell everyone what we really want... FF 8-2 or a remake of the original at least.. WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Trains, did you read the article? In case you didn't know, Revenant Wings is a direct sequel for FFXII released for the DS, meaning that would be FFXII-2 and this new game would be FFXII-3, so you might as well fix the thread's title lol.

Either way, I'm not really looking forward to it like I am to other games, but I'll definitely check it out when pssible, for FFXII is one of the best FFs ever relased.
    1. No I did not read it.
    2. I don't know how to change the title and don't want to waste valuable brain capacity on learning how to.
    3. CHOOOOO CHOOOOOO

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post

Couldn't agree more. FFVIII was mediocre enough, and the original shouldn't ever be remade (it'd lose all of it's charm ).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Enviouswrath View Post
    FF VIII is my favorite but I wouldn't like a remake. It would lose it's charm.

Game on....

Final Fantasy has always been one of my favourite franchise of games and everytime a new game is mentioned i usually get really excited. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are great games but they have lost that true FF feeling that i found i got from the earlier FF titles. I only have to listen to the FF soundtracks to see the decline. FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII, FFXIII have soundtracks that i can listen to from start to finish. FFX-2 has a soundtrack that i can listen to most of but i find i skip some of the tracks. FFXIII-2 has the worst soundtrack so far. I find i skip quite a few tracks on it! And this kind of reflects how i feel about the FF games.

I guess what im trying to say is, i want Final Fantasy back. If square-enix want to make HD remakes that's fine but what is wrong with focusing on just one game at a time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12