Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Official: E3 2012 Discussion (June 4-7)

This is a discussion on Official: E3 2012 Discussion (June 4-7) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; IT'S HAPPENING...

INTJ

IT'S HAPPENING

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm missing out on the Nintendo conference, just watching G4 covering some more info on the games revealed I guess.
    (edit): http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conferences/

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

Can't Wait: Star Wars 1313, Simcity (2013), The Last of Us, God of War: Ascension.
    Watching: AC3, Watch Dogs, Hitman: Absolution.
    Last edited by Chaotically-Epic; 06-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Ive been watching some of this on you tube on my tv and even my missus is impressed with some of the things going on.When she first saw the trailer for AC3 she thought it was a film lol.I also cant wait for GoW,im just so excited.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    report card remains unchanged.

because at least nintendo showed actual exclusive video games and they all looked good. especially the Lego Undercover, Zombiu, Pikmin 3, and scribblenauts unlimited.

Well, that just mean you´re fanboy(girl or what not). I actually thought Nintendo would blow me away, Pikmin is nice but that´s it. And surprisingly, not next gen graphics at all, almost on par with 360 launch titles. At least they´re HD now. I´m sure as time goes, we will get the hard hitters like SSBB and Zelda (in tone with Twillight Princess). For now, I will stick with just PS3 (360 is collecting dust) for another year.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

PRO Ninja

i wish i could clone myself, not because i'm so handsome but because there is so many good games coming out.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Sellout

I'll have to watch Nintendo's presser to see if it impresses. Still going off the Wii U being a last gen system. Nintendo only has the same rehashed franchises that look childish at best. Maybe too little too late to join the 360 and PS3 for actual hardcore games.

Caught a video for Microsoft's SmartGlass and it pains me to say ass I hate MS so much but that's epic win. Sony could learn something from allowing all devices instead of just Sony products. Cause come on, who will actually buy a Sony phone when there are better options out there.

Games shown at Sony's conference were good but we all knew they were going to be there. Sony had nothing up it's sleeve.

Waiting for Rockstar to steal E3's thunder with next trailer for GTA V. :fingers crossed: for October release.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Found some fun gifs at gametrailers forum, need to smile after Wii U games:

this is for you Ps36:

EDIT:

Some more

and for the Wii U game

Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Resident PHD

Well out of Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft it looks like Nintendo was the loser. There was nothing announced from Nintendo that couldn't be on the Wii as well and the only stuff showing off what the new system could do are either year old games or games you can buy on the other systems.

The sad thing was I ran into a Nintendo fangirl at one of my EBs and she was gushing over the conference. I started asking her questions about it and by the end she had to admit it was a piece of shit (her tone kept getting sourer and sourer as the conversation went on).

I don't know how much longer the nostalgia glasses can stay on for some people but Nintendo should be put out to pasture pretty soon.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGateInc. View Post
    Halo 4 Spartan Ops and Mulitplayer.
    Spartan Ops? What the fuck do they think they're doing? They're totally turning Halo into a wanna-be CoD. What's wrong with them? At least Halo had personality, now it'll just be a god damn parody of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Not to attempt to start some stupid flame war or anything, but I honestly find that you loved Nintendo's press conference simply because you love Nintendo. The WiiU is a cool piece of hardware, sure, but it lacks the high quality power of consoles like the Xbox or PS3. Frankly put it, like it's predecessor, the WiiU is NOT a next-gen console. Nintendo's press conference just wasn't that great.

Showing off hardware is cool, but of course you need games to create attention. Personally, I couldn't care less about hardware showcases, I want to see new games in action. That's why I loved Sony and Ubisoft's press conferences so much: They showcases some really awesome new games. The Last of Us completely blew me away to the point that I've had to rewatch the gameplay demo multiple times just to satisfy myself. Same with Ubisoft's unique new game, Watch Dogs. The problem with Nintendo is that they showcased maybe 1-2 new IPs. Mario is a 20 year-old franchise, and I'm sick and bored of seeing the same damn person on every one of Nintendo's consoles. I just don't give a shit.

If Nintendo wants to start getting serious in places outside of Japan, they need to step up their game with a console that is supported by good, unique, quality games that people want to play. I don't need to keep playing Mario rehashes. And because of this, they had a poor E3 when the usually don't.
    Captain obvious strikes again.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    i wish i could clone myself, not because i'm so handsome but because there is so many good games coming out.
    you'ld also need a bunch of ps3's also lol

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Spartan Ops? What the fuck do they think they're doing? They're totally turning Halo into a wanna-be CoD. What's wrong with them? At least Halo had personality, now it'll just be a god damn parody of itself.
    It's a optional co-op mode for people who want more story with 100% free content updates forever.

chill out

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Well out of Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft it looks like Nintendo was the loser. There was nothing announced from Nintendo that couldn't be on the Wii as well and the only stuff showing off what the new system could do are either year old games or games you can buy on the other systems.
    I'd have to disagree with that. I think Nintendo was clearly better than Microsoft and possibly tied or better than Sony. Sure Sony was obviously the best this year with the announcement of all their games which I'm looking forward to. However, Nintendo did have several games that I want to play as well while Microsoft had nothing for me. Its all a matter of preference and Pikmin 3 is the game I'm most excited to play and I want to see what the Wii U is capable of and find out more about the Miiverse.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    It's a optional co-op mode for people who want more story with 100% free content updates forever.

chill out
    Ah, so it ain't a Special Ops rip-off. Good.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

microsofts is the worst what are you smoking.

Xbox was like "SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS game SPORTS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS APPS SPORTS APPS SMARTGLASS APPS SPORTS"

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'd have to disagree with that. I think Nintendo was clearly better than Microsoft and possibly tied or better than Sony. Sure Sony was obviously the best this year with the announcement of all their games which I'm looking forward to. However, Nintendo did have several games that I want to play as well while Microsoft had nothing for me. Its all a matter of preference and Pikmin 3 is the game I'm most excited to play and I want to see what the Wii U is capable of and find out more about the Miiverse.
    While it is a matter of opinion I think Nintendo had more to prove this E3 and that is why I feel they failed. Nothing in their conference showed non-Nintendo fans (or people like me who have lost faith in Nintendo) that their system truly belongs in not only next-gen but even this gen. I felt like everything they showed could easily be released on the Wii or it has already been released on PS3/360.

Also once Sony showed Cross Play with PSA and that you can play it anywhere it took a lot of steam out of Nintendo's tablet.

After their poor showing last year Nintendo had to come out and WOW the crowd and all they gave us was rehashes or games we can get on other systems. Also I am done buying systems for 1 game, so no matter how cool Pikmin is that will never be enough to make me put down money for this new system.

Kiwi Defender

While it is a matter of opinion I think Nintendo had more to prove this E3 and that is why I feel they failed. Nothing in their conference showed non-Nintendo fans (or people like me who have lost faith in Nintendo) that their system truly belongs in not only next-gen but even this gen. I felt like everything they showed could easily be released on the Wii or it has already been released on PS3/360.

Also once Sony showed Cross Play with PSA and that you can play it anywhere it took a lot of steam out of Nintendo's tablet.

After their poor showing last year Nintendo had to come out and WOW the crowd and all they gave us was rehashes or games we can get on other systems. Also I am done buying systems for 1 game, so no matter how cool Pikmin is that will never be enough to make me put down money for this new system.
    Yes, this is a very subjective matter indeed.

I for one, think both Nintendo and Sony failed at what they had to succeed. Nintendo had to show us the games and third party support that the Wii U will have at launch, but they barely showed anything. Meanwhile, Sony had to prove to us the Vita will have games, because it's living through the same thing the 3DS lived through at launch (minus the remakes that at least made you pick it up). Instead, they showed us more Ps3 support (which is great by itself because I actually own one lol) than anything else, while the Vita still lies in the shadows with fewer sales. Only thing they showed was Ass Creed Liberation, which isn't enough to make me wish to have a Vita (and I'm sure I ain't the only one).

In the end, we all can agree that the one conference that was very bland and mediocre, was Microsoft's. We can also agree that the Wii U's launch is actually going to help Microsoft and Sony, since it'll give both the PS3 and 360 a much larger life, meaning they can hold off on releasing the 720/PS4 for a little more.

Toggle Spoiler

Platinum Procrastinator

I for one, think both Nintendo and Sony failed at what they had to succeed. Nintendo had to show us the games and third party support that the Wii U will have at launch, but they barely showed anything. Meanwhile, Sony had to prove to us the Vita will have games, because it's living through the same thing the 3DS lived through at launch (minus the remakes that at least made you pick it up). Instead, they showed us more Ps3 support (which is great by itself because I actually own one lol) than anything else, while the Vita still lies in the shadows with fewer sales. Only thing they showed was Ass Creed Liberation, which isn't enough to make me wish to have a Vita (and I'm sure I ain't the only one).

In the end, we all can agree that the one conference that was very bland and mediocre, was Microsoft's. We can also agree that the Wii U's launch is actually going to help Microsoft and Sony, since it'll give both the PS3 and 360 a much larger life, meaning they can hold off on releasing the 720/PS4 for a little more.
    This I agree with. While I like Nintendo's conference, I was still disappointed by the fact they never showed much other than Pikmin 3 and current games being ported over. Where was Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby? I was expecting at least one of those to get a new game and surprise everyone but it didn't happen. Then we have the Vita, which still lacks good games. When it first launched people were going ape shit about how it had the best release lineup of all time!!! I don't know what they were smoking because we're still waiting for good games. Resistance was a major letdown by many and like you mentioned. Other than Assassin's Creed Liberation, where are the games!?
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Resident PHD

The Vita thing shocked me as well. I thought they were going to come out strong on that topic but besides PSA, AC3L, COD and LBP2 there was little else.

Geoff Keighley did sit down with Jack Tretton and ask him about it so here is the interview if you haven't seen it. Still very reluctant to say anything official so take that for what it is.

Sony Video Game, E3 2012: Jack Tretton All Access Live Interview (Stream) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    This I agree with. While I like Nintendo's conference, I was still disappointed by the fact they never showed much other than Pikmin 3 and current games being ported over. Where was Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby? I was expecting at least one of those to get a new game and surprise everyone but it didn't happen. Then we have the Vita, which still lacks good games. When it first launched people were going ape shit about how it had the best release lineup of all time!!! I don't know what they were smoking because we're still waiting for good games. Resistance was a major letdown by many and like you mentioned. Other than Assassin's Creed Liberation, where are the games!?
    Well in fairness it does have Uncharted, Hot Shots, Modnation Racers, Wipeout, and the best version of Rayman (with Gravity Rush out in a week) so there are good games on there (honestly that is more good games than the 3ds has and that has been out for a year)

Not to mention before the end of the year we will have PSA, Sly, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation and Sound Shapes looks great so once again the games are there, just maybe that isn't as much as people want.

Kiwi Defender

Well in fairness it does have Uncharted, Hot Shots, Modnation Racers, Wipeout, and the best version of Rayman (with Gravity Rush out in a week) so there are good games on there (honestly that is more good games than the 3ds has and that has been out for a year)
    Still not many games, specially for a launch that claimed to be great (thing i argued against many times in case you remember ). Specially more when considering that some of them are practically the same ones you play on the PS3 with some minor tweaks due to the touchscreen. Counting them is like counting the remakes the 3DS has (like Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time).

The Vita thing shocked me as well. I thought they were going to come out strong on that topic but besides PSA, AC3L, COD and LBP2 there was little else.

Geoff Keighley did sit down with Jack Tretton and ask him about it so here is the interview if you haven't seen it. Still very reluctant to say anything official so take that for what it is.

Sony Video Game, E3 2012: Jack Tretton All Access Live Interview (Stream) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
    I think we all were shocked. I mean, who expected them to focus more on the PS3 than on the Vita? And even though they did announce a few games, they showed little info about them.

Here's hoping some more games get released before the end of the year, otherwise, Sony will face more losses.

Toggle Spoiler

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast