Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Official: E3 2012 Discussion (June 4-7)

This is a discussion on Official: E3 2012 Discussion (June 4-7) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; F-Zero appearing in NintendoLand - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com gotyay...

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Still not many games, specially for a launch that claimed to be great (thing i argued against many times in case you remember ). Specially more when considering that some of them are practically the same ones you play on the PS3 with some minor tweaks due to the touchscreen. Counting them is like counting the remakes the 3DS has (like Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time).

I think we all were shocked. I mean, who expected them to focus more on the PS3 than on the Vita? And even though they did announce a few games, they showed little info about them.

Here's hoping some more games get released before the end of the year, otherwise, Sony will face more losses.
    I agree. Mod Nation Racers Vita was a huge fail in my opinion because it never even supported multiplayer and they're now replacing it with LBP Karting which they should of done in the first place. Then everything else was stuff you were already playing on the PS3 like Nag mentioned. I bet if you had of asked 100 people before E3 if they thought Sony would concentrate more on the PS3 or the Vita you would of got 70%+ saying Vita, but they never.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

You know iv'e re-watched the E3 conferences for Sony, Ubisoft and Nintendo and have now decided to put out my opinions (The other 2 to me may have well most existed).
    First of all is it odd that I'm getting the impression that the Wii U will require you to be online at all times? Just look at all footage shown in the pre Conference and actual conference and I think you will get where I'm coming from.

Games I'm interested in:
    Beyond two souls
    Watch Dog
    Playstation all stars: battle Royale (still deciding on PS Vita or PS3 version)
    AS3 + Liberation
    god of war ascension
    Rayman Legends (I think this will be Multi-platform when it comes out and the Wii U features will just be exclusive)

Wonderbook:
    Wasn't that impressed with it to be honest and it kind of ruined the rest of the conference, I can see what Sony are trying to do with this though and I think due to book of spells it will have a nice release but after that the sales will probably drop to very little. I can see Kinect getting it's own version of this by E3 next year

Wii U:
    Not Impressed really. From what I have seen you could just call it a HD Wii mixed with a DS (but that seems like a bit of a long name). I have 3 main problems with this console though.
    The first being that the concept could easily be done (and to some extent already has) with a PS3 and Vita, even you disagree with the Vita and PS3 link I think Xbox and PS3 could get a £30 tablet add on and a firmware update to be able to do a lot of this anyway.
    2nd It only supports 2 tablets? Surely if your going to make a console based on something it should be able to support a minimum of 4 and a max of 8 (but 8 would be a bit too many I think). Seriously only having 2 tablets would be like Xbox, PS3 and Wii only supporting two controllers. Basically I think they are limiting themselves by only supporting 2.
    3rd it hasn't actually shown anything new yet, a lot of this has been done with a DS alone. Two examples of this straight away is Pikmin 3 whose use for the Tablet is basically a map, which has been done since the DS came out in multiple games, Second Batman arkham city armour edition whose use for it is basically an always open menu you can go through and use it for motion controls (remote thing), All I mean is what was shown can probably be done on a 3DS (and without the always open menu a PS3, Vita, Xbox or Wii). I would say what other features can be already done but when you look at it a lot of these 'new' features can be done with any touch device with motion controls (like tablets, 3DS and Vita's)

Anyway the price of this console will determine everything, if it's less than £200 (for comparison a Wii on it's own is £100) then I can see it having a 50/50 shot at doing well based on how it goes with the casual market. Anything more than £200 then it's sales will only do well because of the exclusives, but that's the problem people seem to like the exclusives ( I personally got bored of them at the launch of the Wii) As long a Nintendo has it's exclusives any console they make won't fail. Doesn't stop consoles being bad though

Lvl 4 - Silver

Not sure if someone posted this already, but is anyone else disappointed with what EA or Visceral has done with DS3? Co-op does not belong with a survival horror game and neither does brightly lit snowy planets (unless its The Thing then its okay. ). And I noticed that there were human A.I. enemies which = cover based shooter. <facepalm> WHY EA AND OR VISCERAL!!!!!!

Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Last edited by BlackGateInc.; 06-06-2012 at 02:29 AM.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Artithan View Post
    Not sure if someone posted this already, but is anyone else disappointed with what EA or Visceral has done with DS3? Co-op does not belong with a survival horror game and neither does brightly lit snowy planets (unless its The Thing then its okay. ). And I noticed that there were human A.I. enemies which = cover based shooter. <facepalm> WHY EA AND OR VISCERAL!!!!!!
    hi welcome to the club

the snacks are in the back

also best moment e3 2012:

Lvl 2 - Bronze

There will be Multiplayer in The Last of Us.

And for those that might have missed the gameplay demonstration.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGateInc. View Post
    There will be Multiplayer in The Last of Us.
    It's probably just co-op, or at least I hope so.

INTJ

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    He's too nostalgic to be honest. It's not like there aren't mindless fun games on the PS3 or the 360 anyway, and in the end, he actually screws up by saying he won't find other games like those, when in fact, he can find them in the NES, SNES, Gameboy, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, GameCube, DS, Wii and 3DS.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

What I got out of that comic is Nintendo needs to stop making Hardware and start making games for MS and Sony.

Also what you got to remember is Nintendo doesn't get a pass just because they are Nintendo. Other companies are making fun light-hearted games (littlebig planet, Rayman, sly cooper, ratchet and clank) but those games give you so much more value for your money and they can be played on a system that can also deliver all the great adult games as well.

So it is a nice little comic but it just sounds like someone who doesn't want to take off the nostalgia glasses and would rather hand over his money for a piece of his childhood as opposed to actually wanting the company he loves to get with the times.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

INTJ

also breaking news entire internet pissed off at nintendo because they didn't show animal crossing

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 9 - Gold

also breaking news entire internet pissed off at nintendo because they didn't show animal crossing

Toggle Spoiler

Meh, it was above M$, that´s all. Iwata´s pre E3 videos was better than what they could do when showing the games.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Lvl 4 - Silver

Just a question, there isn't coming anything important today anymore, right? All the big companies have demonstrated their new games.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCostari View Post
    Just a question, there isn't coming anything important today anymore, right? All the big companies have demonstrated their new games.
    Not really, if anything just recapping or covering more info on games revealed or current games etc.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Not really, if anything just recapping or covering more info on games revealed or current games etc.
    Ah ok thanks
    If anything important happens I'll read it here

Lvl 9 - Gold

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU´RE SENSITIVE:
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MrCostari View Post
    at 5PM IGN will be unveiling a new Nintendo game (no title yet).

and on friday E3 will unveil 3 Mystery games.

besides that nothing.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718