PS Plus Question

This is a discussion on PS Plus Question within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So yesterday, I bought a card to buy more PS Plus membership since mine is running low. One of those ...

Buy my book, Alteration

PS Plus Question

So yesterday, I bought a card to buy more PS Plus membership since mine is running low. One of those membership cards for a year, not a PSN card. So I redeem the card on the store, and it's all "Thanks for purchasing". Then I checked a game I bought with Plus, and it still expires on this year, not next.

My question is, will my subscription automatically renew a year when it is supposed to expire, or did it already add, just games I bought with this subscription instead of the next expire when the first sub ends?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

You weak azz niggs

It automatically adds to your subscription. So say you subscription expires next month, you add in the code in, your subscription expires June of next year

Rangers F.C

Dont see the point in ps plus , you pay to get things cheaper but half the stuff you wouldn't touch anyway

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Dont see the point in ps plus , you pay to get things cheaper but half the stuff you wouldn't touch anyway
    thats what i thought but got it recently and already got enough free stuff to pay for the price of the card, it wasnt stuff id pay to get but still fun nonetheless, something to keep me busy in between retail games, totally worth the price

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    It automatically adds to your subscription. So say you subscription expires next month, you add in the code in, your subscription expires June of next year
    So it'll just pretty much add the code I've redeemed when the time comes?

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Lvl 9 - Gold

You also get free stuff to try out and possibly own (providing your subscription is there). I think it's a great service and those who don't buy PS Store games often get the 50$ worth out of it sooner or later.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

PRO Member

And it's a plus! Who doesn't like saying that? The online storage is worth it for me. I have 3 play stations and I travel a lot

illegal in 9 countries

Cloud saves for data recovery. When YLoD hits, you'll wish you had PS+.

You weak azz niggs

He didn't ask what your opinion was of it, fool The idiots on the forums these days

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    So it'll just pretty much add the code I've redeemed when the time comes?
    From what i understand of your situation, your screwed. When you enter the code, its supposed to update the expiration date immediately. So either the code didnt work, or you got the wrong type of card. I would contact SONY or go back to where you bought the card and ask around. If its the codes error and not yours, you have the right to try and get this resolved. If nothing else, you can get $50 and buy the subscription on PSN

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    He didn't ask what your opinion was of it, fool The idiots on the forums these days
    jokes on you, because this is the internet. Reguardless if you asked for someones opinion or wanted their opinion, your gonna get it. There is nothing you can do. Just suck it up

Lvl 8 - Gold

On a related note, go to this forum topic to rant about Ps+
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...on-3-rant.html
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...on-3-rant.html

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well hello everyone....
    This guy, Digitalman123, asks a question about PS+
    and all i read here are opinions about PS+
    Go make your own "i hate PS+"-thread and leave this thread alone!!!
    Unless you have a serious answer like this :

Digitalman123, if you go to your account on XMB, then "list of services", select "playstation plus", there you can read when your +membership expires.
    Games that you bought will never expire, even if you paid only 1 cent.
    Games that you've got for free do have an expire-date, but will NEVER expire, as long as you stay a +member!

[edit]to be sure, just tried it out and yes, right now i am playing a game that expired 2 months ago...[/edit]

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    Well hello everyone....

Digitalman123, if you go to your account on XMB, then "list of services", select "playstation plus", there you can read when your +membership expires.
    Games that you've got for free do have an expire-date, but will NEVER expire, as long as you stay a +member!

[edit]to be sure, just tried it out and yes, right now i am playing a game that expired 2 months ago...[/edit]
    Hmm ... I did give a serious answer
    I even posted a link for those that want to rant about ps+ (telling them to go to that thread and not this one), so i feel your hatred is directed to the wrong person (me)

Anyway, i also want to point out that the OP didnt even ask about previously downloaded games. FYI, everyone knows that once you download a title, it will stay on your list (like a history), for you to download again any time. With ps+ titles, if you got it for free, you can download but cannot play the game unless your an active member.

I like how RicMo_ gets to be a dick, when he only has 1 platinum. No respect...

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by _RiCaRdO_ View Post
    Well hello everyone....

Thanks for giving me an answer that isn't an opinion, I will check that out later.

Sig by DaRe