Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hardest Game Ever Played

This is a discussion on Hardest Game Ever Played within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I searched the forum for a topic like this but didn't find one. I apologize if there is one like ...

PRO Member

Hardest Game Ever Played

I searched the forum for a topic like this but didn't find one. I apologize if there is one like this that I skipped over. If such a thread is out there, please point me to it and I will post there.

We all have opinions or know for sure what games are the hardest games on PS3. However, while playing Super Ghouls N Ghosts for SNES, I started thinking about the fact that this game gave me more of a challenge over the years than many of the current games that I have played. With that in mind, I am wondering what game or games everyone else has found hard during their entire time of gaming. If you wish, please put the reason that the game(s) that you have chosen were hard for you.

For me, the two games that I have always had trouble with are: Super Ghouls N Ghosts and Zombies Ate My Neighbors. To this day, I have not been able to beat either game. That is the whole reason that I put them as my two toughest games.

Super Ghouls N Ghosts: An old sidescroller on the SNES that finds the protagonist Arthur fighting different creatures through 8 different levels with a boss at each one. The reason this is hard is two hits *if you don't get more armor after the first hit* kills you. Also, some of the spots you find yourself in leave you with nowhere to run or jump to...leading to your death

Zombies Ate My Neighbors: Another SNES game that has given me trouble for years. In the game, you choose one of two characters *Male or Female* or you can play co-op. During the game, you play through many different levels in different vacinities. During the levels, you are attack by different enemies *Zombies, Werewolves, Aliens and Chucky Dolls to name a few* while trying to save your "neighbors". If you don't save atleast 1 "neighbor" the game is over or if you die, you restart the level. This game, by far, has given me insane problems in the later levels when there are fewer people to save

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

catherine on hard. cracked my controller cuz of it

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Sinner and Saint

Old school Contra was a chore; it took me probably three years to beat that game. Battletoads was another one that's up there but unfortunately I never beat that one. The first Ninja Gaiden on X-Box imo was the hardest in the Ninja Gaiden series that I have played (though I never did play the old ones).That one took a lot of effort to get through.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

[top]Hardest Game Ever Played

I can't really recall why or how where they so hard but I do recall having frustrating issues w/ Dead Space 2 on it's hardest difficulty & God of War series on there hardest.

&

COD [email protected]. -_-

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the NES is the hardest game I ever played. That Dam level ruined my childhood lol.

As far as current gen games go, I'd say Bayonetta on infinite climax is the hardest I've played.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Buy my book, Alteration

Current games? I'd say some of those challenges in the Mortal Kombat Vita Bonus Challenge Tower were very very difficult, I almost didn't make some of those. Certainly one of my proudest s.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The hardest trophy i ever earned was I AM BAD COMPANY , and my second hardest is FOR THE MOTHERLAND , beat heart of the reich on veteran , wow , it was ridiculous

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Current games? I'd say some of those challenges in the Mortal Kombat Vita Bonus Challenge Tower were very very difficult, I almost didn't make some of those. Certainly one of my proudest s.

Doesn't necessarily need to be current games unless that it is one of the hardest games you have played. I was asking for any and all games in general. NES, SNES, Genesis, 64, PS and/or Xbox are included as are arcade games and such.

Lvl 7 - Gold

if i knew how hard dead space 2 was, i would never had bought it...

Lvl 6 - Silver

COD WAW due to grenade spamming!

Quartercircle Forward.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 challenges for sure, even thought they're not that hard when compared to other fighting game challenges.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Kid Chameleon, no other game gives me such polarizing emotions, i didn't finish it till the Sega Collection came out on PS3, ending years of pent up misery.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggy2872 View Post
    Doesn't necessarily need to be current games unless that it is one of the hardest games you have played. I was asking for any and all games in general. NES, SNES, Genesis, 64, PS and/or Xbox are included as are arcade games and such.
    I agree with you mate. Super g'n'g is rock hard, but one of the best games ever. It's predecessor is just as hard.
    I reckon the toughest I've played is probably r-type 3 on snes. That last [email protected]%king stage with no weapons.....forget about it.
    Never did finish it

Royal Flush X2

For me that game is Battletoads on the NES, never could beat the Clinger Winger level

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The original G-Police on PS1
    G-Police for Playstation - Mission 1 - YouTube
    The first mission is a pussy, get to mission 5 and over , of the 20 odd missions and the difficulty got to ARRAGGHH!!!
    So easy to mess up as the missions are timed.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Plenty to name here;
    Call of Duty: World at War - The only Call of Duty game where I struggled on Veteran mode, grenade spamming at it's worst.
    Devil May Cry 3 - That game was a nightmare to play, and I'm sure many people know about the fact that Japan's "Hard" mode was our "Normal" mode. Jeez, developers probably think us gamers were as relaxed and as skilled as the guy we were playing as.
    God of War II - Probably the hardest of the series, the other two were a breeze to play.
    Super Ghouls & Ghosts - I hate that game with a passion. I think that's where my hatred of recycled mirrored levels originated (I don't hate the actual game, just that it drove my frustration to that hatred point, if that kind of makes any sense).
    Demon/Dark Souls - A brutally unforgiving RPG series. If you're the kind of gamer who likes their hand being held, I don't recommend these two games. Even the beginning levels don't make it easy for you.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Original Castlevania. Anything past Frankenstein felt like a win.

Buy my book, Alteration

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Mortal Kombat II was super tough. I didn't even get past fight one.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ninja gaiden sigma and dead space 2 on hardcore.
    A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.

iwasbornintheusa

Cave Story. I hate hell. It's so cheap, but that's why it's called hell...

Thank you to DaRe_xLw for the signature

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast