Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Rumor: Playstation Plus To become revamped, Actually become good.

This is a discussion on Rumor: Playstation Plus To become revamped, Actually become good. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Read this title, knew Ps360 was the cause of such a hate crime among a Game Company. On Topic though, ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Read this title, knew Ps360 was the cause of such a hate crime among a Game Company.

On Topic though, I love PS+ and for those who don't buy PS Store games often, such as myself, PS+ pays for itself. If you always buy games, I don't think you'll view it as highly since odds are alot of the stuff that goes discounted or free you'll have already.

Hopefully this stuff does happen to make an already good service better.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    please fuck off with the playstation bashing, just because you dont like it doesnt make it a universal belief

------

already like the service anything more is icing on the cake
    He isn't bashing Playstation. Read.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

If they did this, I would be more interested in the service

Lvl 1 - Bronze

glad i bought a year because im broke right now and this makes me excited to get some more free games, especially if they are giving away good ps3 games, this is gonna be awesome

illegal in 9 countries

I would pay the annual PS+ subscription fees just for the Cloud Saves. There is no other way to backup copy-prohibited games saves. Losing 100+ hours of game time to hardware failure is a massive disincentive to play a game again.

The occasional free recent game doesn't hurt, nor do the discounts. I'll easily save hundreds a year on those two features alone. Sony can keep the demos, betas, avatars, themes, minis, PSOne and older PSN titles - they hold no value to me, but I still get a good deal more than I pay for with PS+.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    He isn't bashing Playstation. Read.
    i read perfectly. i included ps+ as being part of the playstation. either way 360 bashes the same equally

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    i read perfectly. i included ps+ as being part of the playstation. either way 360 bashes the same equally
    It's not bashing at all. Looks like I was right, Nag

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Survive the market? They are EASILY surviving the market. When have they not been surviving the market?

More awesome games for free makes me a happy camper.
    No they're not. Sony lost billions of dollars in the past year and continues to lose money with the shit sales of the Vita and decline in sales of the PS3. They are most definitely not easily surviving the market just because you might see a PS3 at a lot of friends houses.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sucks this isn't us north americans

PRO Member

More storage would be nice so I don't have to delete the shit already there. Better yet a way to delete more than one file at a time. What a pain in the ass. Hopefully I'm just slightly retarded and there is way I just haven't figured it out yet

Lvl 4 - Silver

Ohh soo tired of these rumors BTW Ps plus is already worth it Cloud saves+free games+discounts on sales(I have saved about 50 pounds because of PS+) I am not really sure if i want this to come true. Sony losing money Well that was expected because they are letting the Ps vita fall into the same ditch as the PSP did. Hell they were releasing psp E1000 in white in europe few days ago WTF is Sony thinking??
    Better be good announcements for the Ps vita in E3.

Lvl 7 - Gold

PS+ has been good, this will make it great. I've never for a moment regretting picking up PS+ when it first came out through this very moment. I've received hundreds of dollars worth of games, plus enough discounts of stuff I wanted to cover my subscription and then some. The free games are more icing on an already delicious cake.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

I agree with most here. It's just going to make it better. PS+ has never let me down but a few times. (buying a game only to have it come out for free within the month) That cloud storage needs an upgrade for sure.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legalize it...

Sweet my PS+ has already paid for itself probably 3 times and its only been 6 months. So if they make it better, Ill be even happier...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Survive the market? They are EASILY surviving the market. When have they not been surviving the market?
    "Major" developers are cancelling their PlayStation Vita projects and switching development to Nintendo 3DS
    PS Vita News: 'PS Vita devs swapping to 3DS,' claims report. Sony says: 'rubbish' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Developers jumping ship to work on 3DS games.
    Gamasutra - News - Is Vita losing developer support already? Sony responds

Report claims PS Vita devs are jumping ship to 3DS -Destructoid

A Japanese news report has decided to kick a system while it's down, claiming that a number of PlayStation Vita developers have canceled their projects to go and make 3DS games. Meanwhile, Sony has responded by claiming third parties are still behind it all the way.

"Major Japanese companies are cancelling all projects intended for Vita and are changing development to 3DS," a source reportedly told Nikkei.
    you might say,

The rumor was by an anonymous source! Probably some random Japanese blogger!
    The 'rumor' was posted by the former head of the Japanese independent game developers' association in Nikkei, which is the Japanese business newspaper of record, and for which their stock index, the Nikkei 225, is named. Here is the original if you can read Japanese:

‚‚ƒˆƒ不足で‚ƒžƒ›と競ˆ€€欧米で‚‚‹ˆ…‡のPSƒ‚ ƒ‚€€€€š—œŒˆ–ž

Sony posts more quarterly losses

"Management is feeling a serious sense of crisis about the seven years of losses," said Executive Deputy President Kaz Hirai
    Gamasutra - News - Sony's Hirai: We could be in 'serious trouble'

"Hirai: we could be in serious trouble"
    TEXT-S&P:Japan's Sony downgraded to 'BBB+'; outlook negative
    TEXT-S&P:Japan's Sony downgraded to 'BBB+'; outlook negative | Reuters

Standard & Poor's is one of the three largest credit-rating agencies in the world.

Sony is struggling financially. This financial struggling has been going on for seven years at Sony. Kaz Hirai, Executive Deputy President of Sony, announced “Management is feeling a serious sense of crisis about the seven years of losses.” Hirai continued by saying that he “Promises to lead the turnaround to get Sony out of the red.”
    Sony estimates $3.2b loss this year, $171 million cost for PSN breach -- Engadget

Sony Projects $1.2 Billion Financial Loss! - Controversy

Sony PS division has lost $4.7 billion since launching PS3 | VG247

Sony

Sony, worth $100 billion in September 2000, is now valued at $18 billion.
    Sony plans to cut 10,000 jobs, reduce TV models

Sony cuts 10,000 thousand jobs in light of financial crisis
    Sony sells its stake in Samsung LCD team-up for $939 million -- Engadget

Sony sells its stake in a lucrative research and development venture with Samsung

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/fina.../11q4_sony.pdf

PlayStation division losses $2.8 billion. Hardware sales down. Vita under performing.
    Sony Drops to Lowest in 25 Years as Euro Falls: Tokyo Mover - Bloomberg

Sony Corp. (6758) dropped to its lowest in 25 years in Tokyo trading on concerns that a weaker euro may damp the repatriated value of Japanese exporters’ sales in Europe. The stock dropped as much as 4.4 percent to 1,214 yen and changed hands at 1,222 yen as of 10:07 a.m. That’s the lowest level for the stock since April 25, 1987, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Japan’s benchmark Nikkei 225 Stock Average declined 2.6 percent.
    Sony Corporation Debt to Equity Ratio (SNE)

Sony Corporation Debt to Equity Ratio: 0.6563
    26% equity loss
    Sony Profit Forecast Misses Estimates as TVs Sales Sink - Businessweek

Sony Corp. (6758), cutting 10,000 jobs after four straight years of losses, forecast a profit that was less than half of what analysts estimated as TV and PlayStation 3 sales slump.

Sony, Panasonic Fall to 30-Year Lows as TV Losses Mount - Bloomberg

Sony fell 6.4 percent to 1,135 yen. The stock has declined 18 percent this year, extending the 53 percent drop last year. Panasonic dropped 1.6 percent to 570 yen, giving the company a market valuation of $17.5 billion, compared with Sony’s $14.3 billion.
    “Investors won’t buy stocks of companies that they think has no future,” said Yoshihiro Okumura, who helps manage the equivalent of $365 million at Chiba-Gin Asset Management Co. in Tokyo. “Sony and Panasonic have not been able to show how their TV businesses will recover.”
    Sony slides to three-decade low on strategy doubts | Reuters

(Reuters) - Shares in Sony Corp slumped more than 7 percent to near 32-year lows, as investors doubted the Japanese consumer electronics giant has a strategy to fix its loss-making TV business and compete in the smartphone market against Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics.

I keep track of dis shit. Sony isn't doing well.

Pretty much guessing that the PS4 will be their swan song in the gaming market unless they pull some smart moves.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I've had it during the uc3 promotions and it paid off but I don't buy many titles especially off psn so it never served me good afterwards
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I got PS+ the day it came out and so far I have enjoyed it. Adding Vita stuff to it is a win for me. I have already enjoyed the perks and the games it has given me and I have had no complaints.

PRO Member

Very thrilled to hear this, as most people here said, with the releases of new games, and discounts PS+ does pay for itself in a short time. Especially if you're a yearly subscriber.

With these changes coming into place, which will offer more free games, especially *top tiered* makes me even more excited!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Positive move, sure it's not for everyone, not like anyone was forcing you to buy Plus anyway ( People love Netflix, i don't need it, seen every damn film on it already, doesn't mean it's bad ) but rationally thinking, Plus is already a good service, people seem to want free everything and a puppy before they consider even looking in the direction of a good deal these days.

Oh and the death of Sony crap is tiresome,instead of anyone bashing each console, there should be a united front against the real enemy to modern gaming, Apple. The bickering is futile if that backwards company get the market share in anything else.

PRO Member

I think I may invest in this again. Is Burnout Paradise still free with Plus+?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast