Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dead Space 3

This is a discussion on Dead Space 3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 NO FUCKING PLASMA CUTTER IN THIS (the fuck is dis shit, a necromorph USING A FUCKING ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    NO

FUCKING

PLASMA

CUTTER

IN

THIS

(the fuck is dis shit, a necromorph USING A FUCKING GUN?)

STUPID

GAME

http://i.imgur.com/f7Not.jpg
    Cool story bro. Tell it again.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Dead Space meets Killzone

Lvl 4 - Silver

NO

FUCKING

PLASMA

CUTTER

IN

THIS

STUPID

GAME

Hi guys, I'm writing really big because I made accusations that turned out to be bullshit and so everybody laughed at me!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that in the one before last image your partner is holding an upgraded plasma cutter? The guy on the left. The gun looks a lot like the PC and has 5 'rays' I think so could just be upgraded!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Brohgrick Talonteeth View Post
    Oh, and I'm pretty sure that in the one before last image your partner is holding an upgraded plasma cutter? The guy on the left. The gun looks a lot like the PC and has 5 'rays' I think so could just be upgraded!?
    Thats a Assault rifle/ A Variation of a Rifle.

The Plasma Cutter always had 3 Lasers in a single line no matter what. Made for easy cutting up of stuff (thats why it's called a cutter)

also it might be a good idea to stop quoting my post. You don't want this page stretched out to oblivion.

(Also the font size choice wasn't due to criticism, but you can say that if you want)

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by ps360 View Post
    no

fucking

plasma

cutter

in

this

(the fuck is dis shit, a necromorph using a fucking gun?)

stupid

game

yes

there

is

and

it's

going

to

be

awesome

Lvl 4 - Silver

Thats a Assault rifle/ A Variation of a Rifle.

The Plasma Cutter always had 3 Lasers in a single line no matter what. Made for easy cutting up of stuff (thats why it's called a cutter)

also it might be a good idea to stop quoting my post. You don't want this page stretched out to oblivion.
    Yes, that is true in the last 2 games. But this is Dead Space 3. And we've already seen how much the game has changed compared to the last two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

To Be Announced

NO

FUCKING

PLASMA

CUTTER

IN

THIS

STUPID

GAME

Um... by that logic you need to include: the rivet gun, the arc welder, the contact beam, the detonator, the line gun, the javelin gun, the flamethrower and the ripper amongst others. Hell, none of those pictures show anyone using a Kinesis module either--that must mean that Kinesis isn't in the game either!! The Plasma Cutter is a staple of the games--to think they'd leave it out of Dead Space 3 is ridiculous. None of these characters are Isaac Clarke, so why would they really be using the Plasma Cutter anyway? Gabe Weller's primary weapon in Severed wasn't a Plasma Cutter, so should every character always be lugging one around?
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 8 - Gold

Ps360, you really think they'll remove the most iconic weapon in the series? I remember reading about the plasma cutter and how it will be there but it will have a different alt fire mode.

Yes, none of those shots show people carrying one but it'll be there. What I'm worried about are those shots where they are prone and what not. I don't want the game to turn into Resident Evil since we already have a ruined survival horror series. And co-op doesn't sound right in this game. I don't want to babysit another character and having 2 players removes the tension you feel when playing alone.

I'm not worried about the plasma cutter in this game. I'm worried about much more important things, like the game not being an actual survival horror game. With all the rumours about co-op, cover based system and human enemies I'm a bit concerned.

дурак

Oh god, no Plasma Cutter in one of those 7 images?! That must mean it's not in the game at all! Oh the humanity, a Dead Space game without the Plasma Cutter! That's it! Whole series is ruined.

^Ps360 logic.

That is exactly where this is going to go in the coming months. You'll find a game and latch onto it, and than shit all over it because one little thing is out of place. Even if there is no real evidence that something (like the plasma cutter) is gone.

EDIT: Just noticed something. Ps360, please read the bullets in the image you posted, you know this one?

Wait what's that? It says the PLASMA CUTTER will be upgraded differently? So there will be a Plasma Cutter. Let's move on.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Wait what's that? It says the PLASMA CUTTER will be upgraded differently? So there will be a Plasma Cutter. Let's move on.
    it's a rumor news post

doesn't mean all of it's true.

дурак

it's a rumor news post

doesn't mean all of it's true.
    Than how do you know it WONT be in the game? From some screenshots, that tell us little more than we already know? Okay.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Hope this is just setting the scene for the new ice planet.

Buy my book, Alteration

If this is real, then count me out. If I want a Dead Space, I want it in SPACE

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

PRO Ninja

NO

FUCKING

PLASMA

CUTTER

IN

THIS

STUPID

GAME

i see the Dead Space game franchise got invaded by the Helghast, as expected since Visceral Games got a developer from Guerilla Games this is an awesome combination

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

its a graphic novel thing. not the game.

Mr. X

No plasma cutter in a few shots and it's not in the game? What retarded logic is that? If games only had what the first handful of shots showed then they'd be pretty shit.

Also I can't believe a gun is more of a concern than rumours of co-op, human enemies and cover based shooting...basically making this Gears of War.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNinjaKen View Post
    i see the Dead Space game franchise got invaded by the Helghast, as expected since Visceral Games got a developer from Guerilla Games this is an awesome combination
    Never knew that, and it shows. Made a similar post above: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...tml#post260254

BTW, even if there is a plasma cutter, it'll probably carry differences from the original. What's undoubted is the shift to more action-esque gameplay.

PRO Member

You know what you are calling the DS3 Trailer is actually a trailer for the next graphic comic right?

This is supposed to setup Dead Space 3.

They did something similar with Dead Space 1. Here is the 1st one for Dead Space 1:

I know you hate IGN, but they have a good aggregator of information based on everything we know: Dead Space 3 Wiki Guide & Walkthrough - IGN

According to this Issac finds himself on an ice planet (likely crashed based on released images), Ellie is alive in some way station.

The Hive Mind is coming back, and it appears as though he is going to be fighting humans and necromorphs alike (perhaps the Unitologist cult is playing a larger role like they have in other media?)

Also, before we flip out, keep in mind that the plasma cutter and pulse rifle are supposedly still in this game based on people who have seen actual footage. The speculation is that one gun with the 2 ammo counters is the new plasma cutter, modified with its new alternate fire.

This is not the first time the plasma cutter has changed. Actually the plasma cutter has never been the same across two pieces of Dead Space media, it always looks different depending on what it was pulled off of. DS comics had the scalpel looking plasma cutter, DS1 had the industrial one, DS2 had one that looked more like a medical device, etc, etc.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123