R&C questions.

This is a discussion on R&C questions. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So, Ratchet and Clank is one of playstations biggest franchises, and I have never played one. I was wondering in ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

R&C questions.

So, Ratchet and Clank is one of playstations biggest franchises, and I have never played one.
    I was wondering in which order should I start playing them?

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome sig and avy by JakeSS14

The One and Only

Wait until the collection comes out and play those first. Then go ahead and play Deadlocked for the PS2 if you still have one.

Then get Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, in that order and if you want, Quest for Booty from PSN before going to Crack in Time.

I've never played the first three, but I've played quite a few Ratchet and Clank games before.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I would suggest playing them in order. However all of them are pretty much self-contained stories so you don't NEED to play them in order. There are some references to different games in the series so chronological order is the best way to play them.

Buy my book, Alteration

Quote Originally Posted by cloud945076 View Post
    I would suggest playing them in order. However all of them are pretty much self-contained stories so you don't NEED to play them in order. There are some references to different games in the series so chronological order is the best way to play them.
    Agree completely. They're mostly self-contained, but it's probably best to play in chronological order.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Indie Game Developer

The first 5 are all pretty great. Just know that Crack in Time is by far the best of all of them, and that if you play that one before any other R&C game, it will only make those games disappointing. So just play CiT last.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by cloud945076 View Post

While most games are self contained you should really play them in order (it will make the most sense) and let's not forget that Crack in Time would be pretty confusing without playing Tools of Destruction because unlike the rest Tools of Destruction ends on a cliffhanger.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by NimLex View Post
    So, Ratchet and Clank is one of playstations biggest franchises, and I have never played one.
    I was wondering in which order should I start playing them?

Toggle Spoiler

First off, the order in which you play them really doesnt matter. I remember the ps2 version gave bonus guns if you played the previous title, so i suggest you just go in order since you get 3 games in the HD version.

R&C games are like spare parts (ever played that one?)
    Your character runs around a set path (you can free roam, but there is mostly only forward or back) and most stages are different planets. You use different guns to destroy different things, and the guns level up (which is the fun part). I liked the series (more so the older games), and i am sure you will also.

I am sure you can look it up or ask more questions and someone will answer you.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I would say play them in order because then there will be no confusion and as Mayus has said Tools of Destruction ends with a cliff hanger so defiantly play that before Crack in Time.

Awesome Sig by Curse

PRO Member

As everyone else has already said...play them in chronological order, though its hardly necessary for the PS2 games, the PS3 ones however does have a story that goes on through all three games, so for those I strongly recommend playing them in order

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    As everyone else has already said...play them in chronological order, though its hardly necessary for the PS2 games, the PS3 ones however does have a story that goes on through all three games, so for those I strongly recommend playing them in order
    Basically this

With the HD collection coming out pretty soon you may as well play them in order. They're all great games and each one is worth playing

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma